Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 85 Guests

What confuses me about Parker....

This thread currently has 4,629 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Denby
September 22, 2011, 5:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well judging by the fact Fenty has written off the 2 million we owe him, it actually says to me that we are financially in a better position now because we dont owe any money out. We are not 'out of money' yet, we will survive this season and probably seasons to come because we owe NOTHING. All that happens is, is the budget gradually begins to shrink and it becomes harder to get out of this league. If you did your homework on Rushen and Chester, you'd realise that they did owe money out in the persuit of success, we haven't done anyway near what they did and nobody is looking for money back from us.

Chesters chairman drained all the profits out the club for his own wealth, Fenty has drained all the debt out for nothing but love of the club. Seriously, it's not that difficult to comprehend and I know the IQ of the average fan of this club is not the highest, but it's really not that difficult.

That said, Fenty leaving is a disaster but not for the reasons most people seem to think. It's the same fans who wanted Fenty out who also want an immediate return to the FL, well im afraid there isn't a chance of the two happening in tandum unless we get more money from a man who doesn't want it back. Fenty didn't do the best job on occasions, but he did an absoloutely wonderful job of keeping us afloat. Say he chucked money away on managers & players all you like, but they were gambles that didn't pay off. He didn't risk the clubs money and risked leaving us skint, he risked his OWN money to try make some of you miserable illegitimates content.

...from the gospel of st john

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2011, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew

That said, Fenty leaving is a disaster but not for the reasons most people seem to think. It's the same fans who wanted Fenty out who also want an immediate return to the FL, well im afraid there isn't a chance of the two happening in tandum unless we get more money from a man who doesn't want it back. Fenty didn't do the best job on occasions, but he did an absoloutely wonderful job of keeping us afloat. Say he chucked money away on managers & players all you like, but they were gambles that didn't pay off. He didn't risk the clubs money and risked leaving us skint, he risked his OWN money to try make some of you miserable illegitimates content.

The top & tail of it is that GTFC is not a credible business and has been led by someone who has lost all credibility as a businessman by playing with it as his toy, employing friends & family amongst other things. Now, he's spat his dummy out & chucked his toy out of the pram because someone's prepared to confront the ego of the man.

He has continually disrespected the fans with his patronising waffle - 'we will never de-value the product', 'the tide is a long way out' & ' Mike Newell's right - we have a culture of failure' - being amongst the classics.

You could quite rightly say that he has supported the club financially, no-one can deny that, but what are we left with? Crap football in a crap league in a crap ground with crap facilities - that's the legacy of John Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 6:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
WHat is the ROOT cause of JF having to spunk millions of pounds on trying to get us promoted though? Yes, his decisions have largely been woeful and he acknowledges this. His main failing seems to be throwing good money after bad to try and remedy the situation. I feel for the guy, I really do, but let's put it into perspective, he's only ever TRIED his best. I hope he walks away and lets someone else do it as ultimately he's failed.

Well said.

I suppose once you set the precedent it's difficult for everyone to accept changing course later but it has to be done.
UNLESS you know you've got the right manager of course - then it's arguably worth those risks.

If S&H start looking good then how gutted would we be if Fenty says "sorry no more" just as we were looking on the right path ?

For all his talk of "competitive budgets" Fenty has proved his lack of footballing knowledge is no foundation for any underlying business plan which amounts to no more than stick the same amount of money in and cross your fingers.

I feel for him and appreciate his support I really do but it's hard to swallow.

On the positive side, there's still a faint chance for S&H this season....
Reply: 52 - 57
VictorMeldrewsDad
September 22, 2011, 6:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
If GTFC was a one armed bandit and Fenty was pumping his money in hoping for a prize (The prize being success) then it seems unfair that because he hasn't won he can take his money back. If the next bloke comes along and drops the jackpot after a few quid then it's hard luck on him and good fortune for the next bloke.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 7:02pm
Guest User
That's a good analogy !  
Reply: 54 - 57
LukeyJ
September 22, 2011, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Well Parker has put in £1.2 milliion for a 54% shareholding.
Fenty has put in £2 million for a fair bit less.

I have a strong feeling Parker mislead Fenty into selling him shares so he could gain control at a fraction of the price.

Sounds a bit of a con. Bit of a business decision. Bit of a secret agenda to gain power.

Quite frankly MP seems worse than Fenty and that is saying something.

While Fenty is not a good chairman, he's always done things out of good intention. MP you can't say the same for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
headingly_mariner
September 22, 2011, 9:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from LukeyJ
Well Parker has put in £1.2 milliion for a 54% shareholding.
Fenty has put in £2 million for a fair bit less.

I have a strong feeling Parker mislead Fenty into selling him shares so he could gain control at a fraction of the price.

Sounds a bit of a con. Bit of a business decision. Bit of a secret agenda to gain power.

Quite frankly MP seems worse than Fenty and that is saying something.

While Fenty is not a good chairman, he's always done things out of good intention. MP you can't say the same for.

He has no power, he is not on the board. Fenty can take his money out Parker cannot.

How is Parker worse than Fenty? has he taken the club through three relegations? has he copulated the clubs finances? Has he made the club two million in debt to him?

As far as i can see Parker not a lot can be seen from Parker's breif spell with the club other than he obviously cannot get on with the current people in the boardroom, who have very little credibility.

Sack the board!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 10:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from LukeyJ

Evidence ? Reasoning ?

Read the official statements - they both agreed they could both take out loans up to £350K.

Parker didn't - he took out shares.
Fenty didn't - he took out loans. WHY ?
Please tell me if he was so concerned about Parkers increased shareholding why he didn't ?

Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.