Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 106 Guests

What confuses me about Parker....

This thread currently has 4,623 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
September 22, 2011, 10:44am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
No, JF is meant to leave the club as soon as possible to allow a new chairman and board to be appointed, then I suspect a new investor, whomever that may be, will come forward. I suspect that the ego of JF has dissauded many a potential investor and they're simply waiting until he's gone completely before showing their hand.

Just a guess but I think it makes some sense if the rumours of JF's alleged ego trips are to be believed.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 57
VictorMeldrewsDad
September 22, 2011, 10:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Just in case it's got lost somewhere in all this i would just like to remind Mr. parker and Mr.Fenty what is at stake here. No one forced either of them to put their money into the club but the moment they did they took on a responsibility. GTFC is not a play thing. It's been around a lot longer than either of them and their millions. Having money doesn't necessarily make you happier but what it does is give you more choices. They both chose to put money into the club. Grimsby Town FC is not Woolworths or the News of the World. Grimsby Town FC can not be replaced, rebranded or closed due to unforseen circumstances. It must carry on, it's such a big part of the community. I suggest they get their acts together, realise their responsibilities and stop behaving like Peter Andre and Jordan and sort this mess out so we can all get back to what we do best...Supporting GTFC.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
forza ivano
September 22, 2011, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from sonik
what i dont understand is we are safe this season for funding as the pair of them are going toe to toe, but anyone with any sense knows you have to forward plan with any buisness, quite clearly mike parker has said he will not put any more funds into the his club next season, so is john fenty supposed to fund his buisness and keep bankrolling until we eventually get good fortunes for mike then to say thanks very mutch john ill run the job now.

no, he hasn't actually said that sonik. parker said that when planning for next season, don't assume my financial contribution, which is subtly different.
if mp is waiting for good times ,he might be waiting for a long time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
RoboCod
September 22, 2011, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Rather than waiting for the club to have good fortunes again and then taking over, I'd have thought it's more the case of waiting until John Fenty has to let the whole thing go at a knockdown price, then Parker/whoever makes a move ?
Is that a fair guess   ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
voice of reason
September 22, 2011, 10:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from sonik
what i dont understand is we are safe this season for funding as the pair of them are going toe to toe, but anyone with any sense knows you have to forward plan with any buisness, quite clearly mike parker has said he will not put any more funds into the his club next season, so is john fenty supposed to fund his buisness and keep bankrolling until we eventually get good fortunes for mike then to say thanks very mutch john ill run the job now.

Sorry but with JF in charge I am not optimistic the good times would eventually arrive...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
Roast Em Bobby
September 22, 2011, 10:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from 1600
What does he actually want ?

My guess is to take over the club and get rid of Fenty.

Quoted from 1600
When asked about his long term commitment he makes no guarantees but expects Fenty to do so ?  

He's trying to force Fenty into a corner - my guess is its a negotiation tactic

Quoted from 1600
He says "I have no ambitions to run the football club" but is willing to go off and seek people who might do.
Now fair enough, I've no problem with that - maybe he is protecting his investment or protecting the club.

Again a negotiating tactic. If he had no ambitions to tun the club why would he have said he'll come back on the board as Chairman and ploughed in 1.25 million?

Quoted from 1600
But was he sticking his money in out of the goodness of his heart before, but now he can't make up his mind ?

I doubt it very much, I think he probably came into it looking to share responsibility with Fenty, but when he saw how the club operated - especially the board, he realised that it was never going to work. He therefore cleverly put the extra money into shares so that he could play the long game and take over himself.

Quoted from 1600
He talked about a "long term commitment" (with Fenty) 1 year before so is it now perhaps based on the Fenty factor ?

See above - he's realised it will never work with Fenty on board, and is now playing hardball by saying he won't put in any more money.

Quoted from 1600
Is he only prepared to only financially support "long term" with Fenty out the way and that's why he's insisting Fenty makes his financial position "very very clear" ?

YES! I think this whole saga is in relation to how much MP is going to have to pay JF off in order to take full control and replace the board with his own men.

Quoted from 1600
But how so when Parker says:
"I don't know how many more times I can make it clear that I have no intentions to cut across John's position in that club."

Unlike JF he is media savvy, and this again falls into the negotiating tactics category.

Quoted from 1600
Or is it just more b0llocks ?i.e I don't intend to but I won't say I won't !  

None of us know for sure, but I'm pretty sure he wants to take over and some of things he is saying are just part of the overall game plan.

I hope I'm right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
Denby
September 22, 2011, 11:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from GrimRob
Financially Fenty has done a good job. He's aways found more money, made new signings above the budget on occasion. Yes he's wasted a lot of money paying dodgy managers off, but we've never been in a position where there is any risk of running out of cash. That has all changed now. The Fenty years could be golden compared to what is to follow. Speak to fans like  those of Chester and Rushden and they'd have snapped your hand off to have Fenty as chairman.

an incredible post, fenty (& the board) have overspent to a ridiculous extreme.  we are out of money, fenty just continued to add to his loans secured on the ground.  fenty (& the board) has taken us to a financial position that isn't entirely disimilar to chester & rushden, it's just that we owe fenty himself rather than hmrc & other creditors
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
Quagmire
September 22, 2011, 11:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
The only way to prove or disprove the theory that Fenty is the stumbling block re other people wanting to join the board / invest in the club is for Ian Fleming to be appointed as a temporary director and for Fenty to resign fully from the board - at the minute nothing has changed other than his 'title'.

It's my opinion that Fenty knows that he is the stumbling block and will continue to be so while he still remains a director - and he knows full well that the chances of anybody wanting to join the board or invest while he is still there are slim.

This gives him exactly what he wants - he wants to ride in on his horse and 'save the day' because he will claim nobody is interested in taking the job on, and all the Fentyites will lap it up, just like they have all of his propaganda and attempts to rewrite history via the official site and the GET.

Stand down from the board completely and then see if anyone comes forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
fleabag1970
September 22, 2011, 11:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Its called " Problem , Reaction , Solution"  The Gov'ment use these tactics all the time!!

For example, A problem is created ----- Chairman Resigns
                    The Reaction  ------ Fans get worried that the club will fold etc etc etc
                      Solution   ------------- The chairman returns to save the day!!!!! everyone is happy and relieved to have him/her back at the helm!!!!!!!

To be honest only a fool would fall for this but and its a big BUT !!!! Millions fall for it everyday of the week!!!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
Biccys
September 22, 2011, 11:28am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Which is why I think MP will not take any further interests in GTFC until JF has left completely. He's clearly wanting MP to buy his share of the club to recoup some of his money, which I understand, but I also doubt MP is daft enough to pay JF a bean unless he has assurances he will leave the club completely. Again, all speculation.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.