Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 77 Guests

What confuses me about Parker....

This thread currently has 4,626 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 4:30am
Guest User
What does he actually want ?

When asked about his long term commitment he makes no guarantees but expects Fenty to do so ?  

He says "I have no ambitions to run the football club" but is willing to go off and seek people who might do.
Now fair enough, I've no problem with that - maybe he is protecting his investment or protecting the club.

But was he sticking his money in out of the goodness of his heart before, but now he can't make up his mind ?

He talked about a "long term commitment" (with Fenty) 1 year before so is it now perhaps based on the Fenty factor ?

Is he only prepared to only financially support "long term" with Fenty out the way and that's why he's insisting Fenty makes his financial position "very very clear" ?

But how so when Parker says:
"I don't know how many more times I can make it clear that I have no intentions to cut across John's position in that club."

Or is it just more b0llocks ?
i.e I don't intend to but I won't say I won't !  
aldi_01
September 22, 2011, 6:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Parker hasn't got the pots of money fenty has got so perhaps he wants someone at the helm who knows what they are doing unlike fenty who clearly didn't. Is it a way of protecting and also getting the most of his investment in the club?

What annoys me is that did fenty really think he was doing a good job? Surely it would've been better for him to bring in or seek the advice of others about many a thing???

In all honesty it's all a bit childish and us, the real fan in reality know intercourse all and are in the dark about a relatively important thing about the club we love...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
GrimRob
September 22, 2011, 7:21am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,448
Gold Stars: 114
Financially Fenty has done a good job. He's aways found more money, made new signings above the budget on occasion. Yes he's wasted a lot of money paying dodgy managers off, but we've never been in a position where there is any risk of running out of cash. That has all changed now. The Fenty years could be golden compared to what is to follow. Speak to fans like  those of Chester and Rushden and they'd have snapped your hand off to have Fenty as chairman.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 57
Henryscat
September 22, 2011, 7:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Parker is still a working man so can't commit the TIME needed to run the club, therefore has no ambition or desire to do so.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2011, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob
Financially Fenty has done a good job. He's aways found more money, made new signings above the budget on occasion. Yes he's wasted a lot of money paying dodgy managers off, but we've never been in a position where there is any risk of running out of cash. That has all changed now. The Fenty years could be golden compared to what is to follow. Speak to fans like  those of Chester and Rushden and they'd have snapped your hand off to have Fenty as chairman.

Chucking your personal cash away does not make you a good businessman. At some point (like now) it will start to run out.

I speak with some authority on this, if GTFC were a normal business then the creditors would have pulled it by now and Fenty would be out of a job.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
dapperz fun pub
September 22, 2011, 8:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
[quote=284]Parker hasn't got the pots of money fenty has got

really.....im told when youngs got bought out and parker was one of the five who shared 90 mill and im also told the split was far from even with three of them getting the lions share and him being one of the three

,could be bollox like
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
forza ivano
September 22, 2011, 8:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
see chrisloz's posts - parker is prob 3-4 times wealtheir than fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
ginnywings
September 22, 2011, 9:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It seems to me that Parker just doesn't want to be involved with Fenty,pure and simple.He will either pull out altogether or will assume more control,either personally,or with one of his men in charge,once Fenty is out of the way.I sincerely hope that whatever transpires,one or both of them will continue to run the club,even if it means trimming the budget and cutting our cloth more in line with our current standing.

Reading between the lines,i just feel that Parker thinks he hasn't got what he was promised and feels aggrieved in some way.

Worst case scenario is that both of them want out and we are left up excrement creek without a paddle,although i'm sure Fenty said he would never leave the club in a financial crisis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
grimsby pete
September 22, 2011, 10:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
My thoughts are,

Parker does not want Fenty to be involved as chairman,

SO,

He will get a man in to do the job until Fenty gets drunk off and leaves,

Parker then takes over himself,

Parker wants Fenty to buy more shares but if he did that Parker would then just buy more so he keeps overall control,

Fenty is aware of this plan so he says , I will not buy any more shares,

Meanwhile does Rome burn and die ????

The sooner this sorts itself out ( either way )  the better.

I say to you Fishy people,

DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD EITHER OF THEM ARE SAYING,

Lets just wait until it all unfolds and hope we come out the other end a stronger better club.

I could just be talking a lot of poo though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
sonik
September 22, 2011, 10:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
what i dont understand is we are safe this season for funding as the pair of them are going toe to toe, but anyone with any sense knows you have to forward plan with any buisness, quite clearly mike parker has said he will not put any more funds into the his club next season, so is john fenty supposed to fund his buisness and keep bankrolling until we eventually get good fortunes for mike then to say thanks very mutch john ill run the job now.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.