Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 722 Guests

What confuses me about Parker....

This thread currently has 4,628 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 22, 2011, 11:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano

no, he hasn't actually said that sonik. parker said that when planning for next season, don't assume my financial contribution, which is subtly different.
if mp is waiting for good times ,he might be waiting for a long time!

Exactly,he never said he wouldn't put in any more money beyond this season.He said he wouldn't make a commitment to do so,which as you point out is a subtle difference.

He may just be waiting/engineering a chance to do so.

Of course,we could all be wrong and both of them genuinely want out,but why the hell would Parker put over a million quid in the club,then walk away?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Cod Almighty T shirt man
September 22, 2011, 11:57am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Denby

an incredible post, fenty (& the board) have overspent to a ridiculous extreme.  we are out of money, fenty just continued to add to his loans secured on the ground.  fenty (& the board) has taken us to a financial position that isn't entirely disimilar to chester & rushden, it's just that we owe fenty himself rather than hmrc & other creditors

This post is also incredible - incredibly true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
thebigeasy
September 22, 2011, 12:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
Of course,we could all be wrong and both of them genuinely want out,but why the hell would Parker put over a million quid in the club,then walk away?

Tbh I think people are reading far too much into all of this - I cannot believe this is anymore to do with the fact that than the club have realised that the forecast financial position for this year (at the moment) looks far worse than they originally anitcipated, and some discussions have taken place about how this shortfall is going to be found.
I suspect that JF feels exposed, and MP has indicated to JF that his financial support this year will be limited to what has been agreed, leaving JF paying for his mistakes again - quite obviously JF is beginning to run out of enthusiasm for paying for failure.
Add to that the fact that no one - including MP - is going to take over the club whilst JF has the potential to demand some or all of his loans back, or alternatively, take over with JF remaining on the board and frustrating any attempts to change direction.
Any new investor or new board is going to want a fresh start and not be saddled with debt/issues caused by the previous failed regime. JF is facing losing all/most of his money which, despite his comments about the loans being benign, will be a bitter pill to swallow (I have always believed he intended to recover all/most of his loans when a new ground was bulit and BP was sold).
Somewhere in the middle of all this JF will have to walk away if he is unwilling to find anymore money - whether that means the club goes into administration (no longer his call) and he loses almost everything, or he finds a compromise settlement with the new investors, remains to be seen. Any potential new investors can afford to sit and wait it out. It is unlikely that things will improve and as the club steps nearer to insolvency, inevtably the "price" of taking over the club will fall. The only hope JF has is if the fortunes pick up on the field and the financial position improves reducing the pressure on him to find the extra cash.
What is undoubtedly an issue to JF is that he no longer "owns" the club and cannot have the final say in all key decisions. He now faces the same dilema that MP faced - he is one of 2 largest financial contributors in the club, but cannot guarantee to have his way!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
Biccys
September 22, 2011, 12:22pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
JF has said in the past, and I'm paraphrasing, that he was not bothered about the money he's invested. That to me says he's written off his investment and won't call it in.

Whether he lives up to that is going to be interesting. Or terrifying.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 57
Harry Haddock
September 22, 2011, 12:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
I get the impression Parker isn't as passionate about the club as Fenty is and was never commited to supporting the club long term.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
pontoonlew
September 22, 2011, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Denby

an incredible post, fenty (& the board) have overspent to a ridiculous extreme.  we are out of money, fenty just continued to add to his loans secured on the ground.  fenty (& the board) has taken us to a financial position that isn't entirely disimilar to chester & rushden, it's just that we owe fenty himself rather than hmrc & other creditors

Well judging by the fact Fenty has written off the 2 million we owe him, it actually says to me that we are financially in a better position now because we dont owe any money out. We are not 'out of money' yet, we will survive this season and probably seasons to come because we owe NOTHING. All that happens is, is the budget gradually begins to shrink and it becomes harder to get out of this league. If you did your homework on Rushen and Chester, you'd realise that they did owe money out in the persuit of success, we haven't done anyway near what they did and nobody is looking for money back from us.

Chesters chairman drained all the profits out the club for his own wealth, Fenty has drained all the debt out for nothing but love of the club. Seriously, it's not that difficult to comprehend and I know the IQ of the average fan of this club is not the highest, but it's really not that difficult.

That said, Fenty leaving is a disaster but not for the reasons most people seem to think. It's the same fans who wanted Fenty out who also want an immediate return to the FL, well im afraid there isn't a chance of the two happening in tandum unless we get more money from a man who doesn't want it back. Fenty didn't do the best job on occasions, but he did an absoloutely wonderful job of keeping us afloat. Say he chucked money away on managers & players all you like, but they were gambles that didn't pay off. He didn't risk the clubs money and risked leaving us skint, he risked his OWN money to try make some of you miserable illegitimates content.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
headingly_mariner
September 22, 2011, 12:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well judging by the fact Fenty has written off the 2 million we owe him, it actually says to me that we are financially in a better position now because we dont owe any money out. We are not 'out of money' yet, we will survive this season and probably seasons to come because we owe NOTHING. All that happens is, is the budget gradually begins to shrink and it becomes harder to get out of this league. If you did your homework on Rushen and Chester, you'd realise that they did owe money out in the persuit of success, we haven't done anyway near what they did and nobody is looking for money back from us.

Chesters chairman drained all the profits out the club for his own wealth, Fenty has drained all the debt out for nothing but love of the club. Seriously, it's not that difficult to comprehend and I know the IQ of the average fan of this club is not the highest, but it's really not that difficult.

That said, Fenty leaving is a disaster but not for the reasons most people seem to think. It's the same fans who wanted Fenty out who also want an immediate return to the FL, well im afraid there isn't a chance of the two happening in tandum unless we get more money from a man who doesn't want it back. Fenty didn't do the best job on occasions, but he did an absoloutely wonderful job of keeping us afloat. Say he chucked money away on managers & players all you like, but they were gambles that didn't pay off. He didn't risk the clubs money and risked leaving us skint, he risked his OWN money to try make some of you miserable illegitimates content.

That is just not a fact, that money remains in loans and he has never said he does not want it back.

He has made a terrible mess of the club and its finances and is looking for a way out with his money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
sonik
September 22, 2011, 12:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pontoonlew

WHS!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
pontoonlew
September 22, 2011, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That is just not a fact, that money remains in loans and he has never said he does not want it back.

He has made a terrible mess of the club and its finances and is looking for a way out with his money.

Others, though, have appreciated the personal wealth he has invested in the club to keep them afloat, amounting to more than £2-million with assurances he will never demand it back

Thats been taken from the Grimsby Telegraphs inital report so i'd beg to differ with you on that one.

As for the second point, he hasn't because we owe no money out? When, we did owe 700k out. So if you pay of a debt meaning you have no debt left, does that mean you've made a terrible mess? I dont understand your logic at all, how are we in a mess FINANCIALLY?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
voice of reason
September 22, 2011, 1:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from pontoonlew

Others, though, have appreciated the personal wealth he has invested in the club to keep them afloat, amounting to more than £2-million with assurances he will never demand it back

Thats been taken from the Grimsby Telegraphs inital report so i'd beg to differ with you on that one.

As for the second point, he hasn't because we owe no money out? When, we did owe 700k out. So if you pay of a debt meaning you have no debt left, does that mean you've made a terrible mess? I dont understand your logic at all, how are we in a mess FINANCIALLY?

Does losing 1 million a year not equate to a financial mess...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What confuses me about Parker....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.