This thread currently has 3,856 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 20, 2011, 5:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
There was never a lot of point to the trust when Fenty made every decision. With an uncertain future it may be that fans have a greater say in running the club. Given all the disagreement on here and the factions we all tend to divide into it's hard to imagine how it would ever work.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 48
barralad
September 20, 2011, 5:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Ill make one when the Trust decides how to represent the fans in all of this

The trouble with all of this is that for years the vast majority of fans wanted nothing to do with the Trust. I know for a fact that the Trust board have been looking for interested parties to join and help move the body forward. Unfortunately none were forthcoming and as Tarka says some of the real stalwarts lost interest.
It is sad that it is only now that the club is seemingly "threatened" that general interest in the Trust is stimulated. Sad but not unexpected. I'm not sure from your previous posts whether you are indeed a member. If you are then how about putting yourself forward as an activist. If not then the phrase "Put up or shut up" comes readily to mind.
Surely the Trust represents it's members only?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
diehardmariner
September 20, 2011, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Bignic69

Forgive me if i've missed something but what are the trust supposed to blame themselves for? At the end of the day they are actively trying to be involved and are entitled to be disappointed at the lack of backing from so called fans. I myself are not in the trust for my own reasons but i give credit to those who are involved and who do care about the running of the club.

I think Humbo blames them for his own urine poor excuse for a life.  
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
tarka
September 20, 2011, 5:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from barralad

The trouble with all of this is that for years the vast majority of fans wanted nothing to do with the Trust. I know for a fact that the Trust board have been looking for interested parties to join and help move the body forward. Unfortunately none were forthcoming and as Tarka says some of the real stalwarts lost interest.
It is sad that it is only now that the club is seemingly "threatened" that general interest in the Trust is stimulated. Sad but not unexpected. I'm not sure from your previous posts whether you are indeed a member. If you are then how about putting yourself forward as an activist. If not then the phrase "Put up or shut up" comes readily to mind.

Rest assured Ian....he isn't a member! lol

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 5:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from barralad

spot on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
paddymariners
September 20, 2011, 7:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from tarka

Oh....go on!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 20, 2011, 8:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from tarka

Rest assured Ian....he isn't a member! lol

He's the biggest member on this board!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 10:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
I love it when people get personal because the silly twits have run out of anything reasonable about things

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
barralad
September 20, 2011, 10:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from the Grimbarian
I love it when people get personal because the silly twits have run out of anything reasonable about things

If by personal you mean questioning whether you have done all you could have done INSIDE the Trust then I guess I'm guilty as charged...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.