5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 20, 2011, 4:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Well I can't argue with you there Wrawbs but the positive thing is that the organisation is still there, it is organised within a legal framework and if, God forbid, the worst came to the worst the fans would take an interest again.  The problem (if you can call it that) was that people always assumed that JF would bail us out and whilst that was the case never saw the need for supporter involvement.  Maybe that will be the case again...or maybe MP will become the benefactor.  Who knows?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Wrawby_Mariner
September 20, 2011, 4:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from the Grimbarian

I said that fron day 1 and even because it was the truth I was even accused of slander and libel and accused that the idea didnt work because of people reading my views on it.

What I meant was, If the fans put some weight behind the trust instead of letting it fester, maybe they could make a difference.

Maybe re-launching and re-branding the Trust might do it some good?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 31 - 48
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 4:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from tarka
Well I can't argue with you there Wrawbs but the positive thing is that the organisation is still there, it is organised within a legal framework and if, God forbid, the worst came to the worst the fans would take an interest again.  The problem (if you can call it that) was that people always assumed that JF would bail us out and whilst that was the case never saw the need for supporter involvement.  Maybe that will be the case again...or maybe MP will become the benefactor.  Who knows?

If it was going to work it would have by now but in the end it wasnt to be because the Trust always blamed everyone but themselves and anyone one who had their own opinion on it.But by doing this on a messageboard people didint think that it was going to be a serious organisation so that why its dissappeared but like i said the Trust will blame everyone but them selves in all of this

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
tarka
September 20, 2011, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker

If it was going to work it would have by now but in the end it wasnt to be because the Trust always blamed everyone but themselves and anyone one who had their own opinion on it.But by doing this on a messageboard people didint think that it was going to be a serious organisation so that why its dissappeared but like i said the Trust will blame everyone but them selves in all of this

Keep trying sunshine! Good effort.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 4:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

What I meant was, If the fans put some weight behind the trust instead of letting it fester, maybe they could make a difference.

Maybe re-launching and re-branding the Trust might do it some good?

possibly wrawbz but with apathy reigning and interest and passion for the club at an all time low, this would probably be the worst possible time to do such a thing. the best thing for the trust is unfortunately the worst thing for the club (i.e. the club would be on the verge of collapse before supporters would rally to the trust)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
tarka
September 20, 2011, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

possibly wrawbz but with apathy reigning and interest and passion for the club at an all time low, this would probably be the worst possible time to do such a thing. the best thing for the trust is unfortunately the worst thing for the club (i.e. the club would be on the verge of collapse before supporters would rally to the trust)

In fairness that has been the case with every Trust that has ever taken off.  Sad but true.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 4:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from tarka

In fairness that has been the case with every Trust that has ever taken off.  Sad but true.

agreed .the other point to make is that in all likelihood it wouldn't be the fans or trust who would save the club (the debts involved nowadays, even at our level, are just too big) ; it would be the trust backing another wealthy businessman who came in with the majority of the money neede to rescue the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
tarka
September 20, 2011, 4:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Yes, quite right. Acting as a catalyst for investment.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Wrawby_Mariner
September 20, 2011, 4:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from tarka

Exactly, and although we are currently in no financial mess now, whose to say we won't be on the bones of our rear after Christmas?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 38 - 48
Bignic69
September 20, 2011, 4:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5

Forgive me if i've missed something but what are the trust supposed to blame themselves for? At the end of the day they are actively trying to be involved and are entitled to be disappointed at the lack of backing from so called fans. I myself are not in the trust for my own reasons but i give credit to those who are involved and who do care about the running of the club.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.