Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 10,793 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
March 17, 2024, 7:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I thought his time here was done but in the last few weeks personally he’s changed my mind and I’d be happy to see him here next season.

No, no chance. He needs releasing. We need better next season. He’ll be 33 and he’s NL level. We all love him, but his time is up.

Onwards and upwards. He’ll get a good NL club, and at that age that’s a bonus for him.

We’re 21st for a reason. He’s one of the reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 90
IlkleyMariner
March 17, 2024, 7:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Hagrid

Of the 8 wins, Gavs started 7

Holi has been great at times, but sometimes is found wanting.
Think it depends on his expectations for next season and what his contract costs.
Seems like a lovely bloke I would like to keep but we don’t have all the info….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 90
louth_in_the_south
March 17, 2024, 7:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Hagrid

Of the 8 wins, Gavs started 7

Could’ve guessed that . He’s a quality player . Probably our most consistent since he signed

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 90
Heisenberg
March 17, 2024, 7:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Holi has been great at times, but sometimes is found wanting.
Think it depends on his expectations for next season and what his contract costs.
Seems like a lovely bloke I would like to keep but we don’t have all the info….

He’s too old, and not good enough. I don’t even know what the argument is. We need to take sentiment out of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 90
Northbank Mariner
March 17, 2024, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Heisenberg

He’s too old, and not good enough. I don’t even know what the argument is. We need to take sentiment out of it.

Give over!!...he's 32, and set up yesterdays goal, he works his nuts off every game, and I'll say this now, offers more offensively than Clifton, is more composed and passes the ball better.
Talk about being a drama queen, you do understand we are GTFC not Barcelona and our pool of players will always have its limitations. Gav H is solid squad player, I'd certainly not be against him being offered another 12 month contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 90
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 17, 2024, 7:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Heisenberg

Think you’re right. Although we have enjoyed an uplift in results over the past six games little of this is down to the quality of our midfield. In reality neither Holohan or Green have enough stamina or pace to play in, what we hope, will be a more successful L2 side next season. Both are good professionals and 100% effort but we need much better to progress. Other than Thompson, given Hunt and Khouri’s poor seasons, we probably need at least four new midfielders for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 90
Heisenberg
March 17, 2024, 8:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Give over!!...he's 32, and set up yesterdays goal, he works his nuts off every game, and I'll say this now, offers more offensively than Clifton, is more composed and passes the ball better.
Talk about being a drama queen, you do understand we are GTFC not Barcelona and our pool of players will always have its limitations. Gav H is solid squad player, I'd certainly not be against him being offered another 12 month contract.

This is all about options and I appreciate yours. But I do disagree with it,

Great debate, though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 90
oochiad
March 17, 2024, 8:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Keep him I say, a great squad player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 90
Heisenberg
March 17, 2024, 9:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think you’re right. Although we have enjoyed an uplift in results over the past six games little of this is down to the quality of our midfield. In reality neither Holohan or Green have enough stamina or pace to play in, what we hope, will be a more successful L2 side next season. Both are good professionals and 100% effort but we need much better to progress. Other than Thompson, given Hunt and Khouri’s poor seasons, we probably need at least four new midfielders for next season.

I’m not replying because you agreed with me, but because I think midfield is ALWAYS our weakness. The opposition always have at least one player we’d kill for.

Thomson is our battler next season - we need two skilful playmakers.

And before someone says “we’re in L2!!”, everyone else finds them……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 90
Limerick Mariner
March 17, 2024, 9:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Heisenberg

This is all about options and I appreciate yours. But I do disagree with it,

Great debate, though!

How many times has it been said on here “we can do better”?
Actually we often can’t. It was said about Max and Orsi who have played 36 and 35 games this season, and they could have a made a big difference to our season. Both Gav and Green are highly committed squad members who also have a relatively good track record with injuries. For me, it depends on their expectations, if they want to be starters every week then they should move on, but if they are happy at GTFC as squad players they could be worth another 12 months. Especially if on relatively modest wages. It depends on the clubs view on Khouri though - if we kept both that could be a blocker on his progress.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.