8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
February 18, 2024, 10:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from jamesgtfc

They never used to be live, it's a relatively new thing. They used to always be recorded in the press portacabin and then uploaded, so they have gone back to what they have done for years. I think it's poor from Artell to wait until the radio broadcast is finished when fans, quite rightly, want an answer from him.

I’m not sure whether he’s done this to wait for the owners to get bored and leave too to avoid the inevitable.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 10:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LH

I’m not sure whether he’s done this to wait for the owners to get bored and leave too to avoid the inevitable.

Let’s face it the dressing room would not have been a place of celebration after the match and you can imagine there would have been verbal, if not physical, exchanges for quite sometime so I was not surprised he didn’t get out of there very quickly.

The timing of the interview is not a big deal to me but the content was much more worrying as I heard nothing to give me any confidence. Seems our best option is to have BP shut down for refurbishment and play all our remaining fixtures away from home where, by the sound of it, we are a much better team!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Most players at Morecombe Harrogate accrington and sutton would love to play in front of a full house every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
marinette
February 18, 2024, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Let’s face it the dressing room would not have been a place of celebration after the match and you can imagine there would have been verbal, if not physical, exchanges for quite sometime so I was not surprised he didn’t get out of there very quickly.

The timing of the interview is not a big deal to me but the content was much more worrying as I heard nothing to give me any confidence. Seems our best option is to have BP shut down for refurbishment and play all our remaining fixtures away from home where, by the sound of it, we are a much better team!!

I don't know what to think.  Our away form hasn't been great all season.  Our home form in recent weeks has become diabolical.  During lockdown, Gary Croft, as a former professional with a strong allegiance to the town and club, had quite a lot of interesting things to say about the situation under Ian Holloway.  If there's anyone who doesn't go to home matches but listens to the RH commentaries instead, I'd be keen to know what Crofty's thoughts are on our current situation?

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from marinette

I don't know what to think.  Our away form hasn't been great all season.  Our home form in recent weeks has become diabolical.  During lockdown, Gary Croft, as a former professional with a strong allegiance to the town and club, had quite a lot of interesting things to say about the situation under Ian Holloway.  If there's anyone who doesn't go to home matches but listens to the RH commentaries instead, I'd be keen to know what Crofty's thoughts are on our current situation?

Listen to him at the end of the game on BBC Sounds. He’s not happy, nor is JT for that matter.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
marinette
February 18, 2024, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Listen to him at the end of the game on BBC Sounds. He’s not happy, nor is JT for that matter.

Thanks - just done that.  Only a few seconds of it - said he wanted to believe but finding it very difficult.  Aren't we all!!

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
jamesgtfc
February 18, 2024, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from marinette

Croft was scathing yesterday, but stopped short of saying he thinks Artell has lost the dressing room. He refused to comment on that question, which summed it up. Croft also said that the owners need to call Artell in for a meeting and tell him to give them 4 reasons why he should stay.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
marinette
February 18, 2024, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Croft was scathing yesterday, but stopped short of saying he thinks Artell has lost the dressing room. He refused to comment on that question, which summed it up. Croft also said that the owners need to call Artell in for a meeting and tell him to give them 4 reasons why he should stay.

That's interesting - thanks.  From that, it sounds as if he's more inclined to hold the manager to account than the players and their capabilities.

Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from marinette

Thanks - just done that.  Only a few seconds of it - said he wanted to believe but finding it very difficult.  Aren't we all!!

Only listened as we'd left early (confession!) but there's enough there to suggest that, as a Town fan, he wants rid.

Fancy having to commentate on that on your 50th birthday!
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
DB
February 18, 2024, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
The way he spoke to JT and answered the questions reminded me of the saying ' Deadman Walking '. After all his description of what happen in the dressing room sounded like he's lost it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-match interview with Outell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.