8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 17, 2024, 11:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,007
Gold Stars: 386
A YouTube interview with DA looks and sounds like he's going through the motions. I got the impression, right or wrong, that he's given up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 11:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,914
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB
A YouTube interview with DA looks and sounds like he's going through the motions. I got the impression, right or wrong, that he's given up.

Club You Tube channel post match, what a waste of time, manager is just marking his own homework here.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
DB
February 17, 2024, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,007
Gold Stars: 386
I don't know if RH has a longer version of their interview but I'd like to know why it was edited so abruptly given that it was not done live.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 11:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,914
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB
I don't know if RH has a longer version of their interview but I'd like to know why it was edited so abruptly given that it was not done live.

I messaged Kristine on the SLO Twitter account to understand why the club don’t do live post match interviews anymore.

I think it feels like a bit of siege mentality, today it was too late for RH which is unfair on some supporters who can’t access it on digital formats later in the evening.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 1:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,930
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I messaged Kristine on the SLO Twitter account to understand why the club don’t do live post match interviews anymore.

I think it feels like a bit of siege mentality, today it was too late for RH which is unfair on some supporters who can’t access it on digital formats later in the evening.

That’s definitely a stunt a Fenty administration would pull when drunk off with Humberside. Would be interested to hear the Mariners Trust take on this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
sydney
February 18, 2024, 1:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Is he still there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
Mayaman
February 18, 2024, 2:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
I'm not sure how useful these interviews are. I for one cannot listen to the latest one.  It won't inspire me nor answer any questions.  However, it seems that whatever a manager in Artell's position says is wrong. In previous games when he took the blame and didn't criticise the players, he was wrong.  Posters were saying he should have a word with them. Now that he's had a word, the should have waited until Monday or for them to let everything sink in. He has talked about the fans at home and the forum has exploded because he was blaming us.  It mentioned it because it's important. Fans have a right to leave when they want but it MUST have an affect on the players. His appointment has been a disaster and I think he should go but scrutinizing his words every week seems pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
fishcake63
February 18, 2024, 7:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Artells a bluffer who thinks the be all & end all is to make 20 passes around our 18 yard box before moving the ball forward , he had the audacity to call out hurst as a long ball merchant when in all honesty he was far from it & this is not me sticking up for hurst because his time was up it's just that you dont call someone out unless your better & artell is proving he is inept in every department , the players clearly dont want to play his style of football because they cant simple as that , please get rid of this clown before we go down again sometimes in life you make & admit a mistake over to you THE BOARD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
lukeo
February 18, 2024, 9:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Switched off after 30 seconds..

" if you don't want to play for yourselves ... if you don't want to play for.me "

This speaks volumes. He has to go. I always sat on the fence with PH and even when he was sacked I was unsure but this guy has to go.
I'm not blaming the board for the appointment though as on paper and his track record I was excited to see what kind of football we'd produce.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
jamesgtfc
February 18, 2024, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

They never used to be live, it's a relatively new thing. They used to always be recorded in the press portacabin and then uploaded, so they have gone back to what they have done for years. I think it's poor from Artell to wait until the radio broadcast is finished when fans, quite rightly, want an answer from him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-match interview with Outell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.