Lincoln Mariner 56
February 17, 2024, 7:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from marinerdazza
FGR appointed a horror candidate and got rid. Heard one of the callers to RH mention Barrow appointing Jolley for two years or whatever it was and getting rid after 7 games when it was absolutely clear he was out of his depth. They survived, we didn’t.

Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. FWIW I think Artell was a decent candidate but appointed at the wrong time.

Would agree with that, I was quite pleased with his appointment and the fact that he wasn’t complimentary about the way we played gave me misplaced confidence that better things were around the corner. How wrong can you be we are an absolute shambles with a midfield that wouldn’t win the battle in the local Sunday League. Blokes full of crap and should have been sacked immediately after the game. Stockwood and Petit have to show some balls and bite the bullet otherwise they will lose the support of the majority of town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
Garth
February 17, 2024, 7:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Not good enough Dave, as you keep saying

It's as simple as that.

Off you trot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
Badger57
February 17, 2024, 8:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Imagine being locked in a room having to listen to that drivel for an hour after a game?
Mind you, the players deserved it today.
Hopefully they'll never want to suffer that again and perk their ideas up a bit! 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
chaos33
February 17, 2024, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I find it hard listening to him. I don’t know why. I heard nothing in there that makes me think we should carry on another game with him. It’s way too high risk now. What I saw today was a p*ss weak team having goals scored against them, with ease, in the same entrenched ways and it’s shameful and humiliating. That’s what it is. We are being humiliated. Made to look inept and useless and weak and conference standard. In front of a full house! All those people paying hard earned, who just want to see a team that can compete, fight and take the game to anyone who comes to BP. People will live with mixed results on that basis. Artell has taken a massive plus, a competitive advantage, a marginal gain and turned it into a pathetic weakness! Calling it a ‘problem’ (that he apparently ‘gets’ and ‘understands’ ) of playing at home FFS.

And don’t get me started on this ‘away form’ gaslight. We’ve won 1 f***ing game away from home all season, and we rejoiced at scraping a 0-0 away from home 3 weeks ago, and the away form is ‘sorted’ and playing at home is a ‘problem’. Who’s framed it like that?! Jesus - we might as well be managed by Grant F***ing Shapps if you’re gonna face the public and tell them that their perception of reality, and what they’ve seen and heard with their own eyes and ears isn’t what’s happening. Artell - he talks a good game, but he plays a sh1t one.

Final point - we had a spell of about 20 mins in the first half today - having gone 2-0 down by commiting the habitual ‘give the ball away/miscontrol it, get out of position, leave a glaring gap that you should be occupying.’ sh1t show, where we actually looked decent and made them look like what they are - a poor to middling team - by forcing them backwards, making them give the ball away..etc…but other than that, we were tw*tted, easily, by a poor team. Artell said ..”we changed formation in the second half”, and “we didn’t do well because we haven’t had time to work on it much in training”.  This absolutely chrystallises the issue. Before Colchester he was wanging on that “you don’t need a plan B, or a C, or a D….you need to make good decisions”. Today you wanted to use a plan B that you don’t believe in and you haven’t practiced. Either you’re an idiot, or we are. In those sentences he made himself look like a fool, and what’s worse…..he made the club and its fans look like fools. Had enough Dave. Please leave.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
marinerdazza
February 17, 2024, 9:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
One thing I did realise today. When we’ve previously had managers who were on the cusp of being sacked, there’s always been a section of fans in favour of them staying. I’ve been both sides of that, and it’s often got heated to say the least. Not today. Everyone I spoke to and overheard were saying exactly the same thing. It was almost a bonding exercise 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
2 things …

- Not John’s fault but we never got to know why he put a loanee with approx 15 mins of EFL experience on instead of Pyke or Wilson, what is he basing that decision on?

- I’m sure the players loved being “told” how shot they where after the game, debriefing straight after a game isn’t great as the players heads will be all over the place.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
Astcooper89
February 17, 2024, 10:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +55
I’m surprised no one’s picked up on the quite telling comment he came out with in his interview with JT.

‘We were in there an hour, we told the players some home truths, asked for their opinions and had some frank honest discussion’ (to paraphrase)

I read into that as a to and fro between management and players with the players potentially being bluntly honest about their missgivings / utter bafflement of his methods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Astcooper89
I’m surprised no one’s picked up on the quite telling comment he came out with in his interview with JT.

‘We were in there an hour, we told the players some home truths, asked for their opinions and had some frank honest discussion’ (to paraphrase)

I read into that as a to and fro between management and players with the players potentially being bluntly honest about their missgivings / utter bafflement of his methods.

He said I “told” them, the last thing players need when they’ve just been smashed again is to be told how sh1t they are, their heads will be all over the place and they don’t have the bandwidth.

Just wait until Monday or bring them in tomorrow.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 17, 2024, 10:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 554
Quoted from Astcooper89

I’d like to spend an hour with the players cos I’m fückin baffled how they can be so cowardly and play like FIFA players with the direction pad wired the wrong way round.

For most of the goals the players look like they are actively running away from the ball and opposition players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
headingly_mariner
February 17, 2024, 10:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
All the hallmarks of the end of a term as manager. Keeping the players in for an hour, digging them out in interviews, saying we can't keep playing like this.

He's surely a goner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post-match interview with Outell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.