8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
May 7, 2023, 9:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
It’s not more revenue for League 2 clubs barely covers inflation over the time periods of the the previous deal to the new deal period 2024-2029. Think beyond the press release.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
Mappers
May 7, 2023, 9:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,480
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse
It’s not more revenue for League 2 clubs barely covers inflation over the time periods of the the previous deal to the new deal period 2024-2029. Think beyond the press release.

That's what I think in terms of this deal , it seems like the trade off of income gained versus income lost will be detrimental to clubs lower down , but then why did they vote it through ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2023, 9:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

Actually, we can't afford not to have one

Long term nobody disagrees with you but at the moment due to cost it can’t be the priority some believe it should be.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
jamesgtfc
May 7, 2023, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

It's a good point. The TV deal is great for exiles though, and there will always be excuses why a new ground is impossible.

Attendances are already financially irrelevant at Premier League clubs but vital to the experience of those watching at home. Maybe TV cash could lead to ticket price cuts to make sure seats are filled for the cameras.

Funding isn't an excuse, it's a very valid reason. That ship has long sailed and blame isn't at the door of 1878 for that.

I'm yet to see a viable solution to funding a stadium, so we have to make do with what we have.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
moosey_club
May 7, 2023, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Long term nobody disagrees with you but at the moment due to cost it can’t be the priority some believe it should be.

I know ours would be totally different proposal but read the other day that Everton are seeking an extra £250 Million funding just to FINISH off their new stadium !!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2023, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

I know ours would be totally different proposal but read the other day that Everton are seeking an extra £250 Million funding just to FINISH off their new stadium !!!

Wow, I’m sure it’s harder to get that kind of money when you’re a championship club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
moosey_club
May 7, 2023, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Wow, I’m sure it’s harder to get that kind of money when you’re a championship club.

I imagine the main contractors forgot to add in a scally contingency for missing materials when originally tendering. 😆

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
Yarborough Vaults
May 7, 2023, 10:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
If only we could bring Goodison Park over on a couple of pallet trucks once they've got the new one done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
HerveJosse
May 7, 2023, 10:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Mappers

That's what I think in terms of this deal , it seems like the trade off of income gained versus income lost will be detrimental to clubs lower down , but then why did they vote it through ?

Championship clubs have a veto on all EFLVoting matters they are getting a bigger percentage increase then a league 1  and 2 . I imagine the conversation went something like nobody wants to watch League 2 football unless they support the club so be grateful for what you get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
aldi_01
May 7, 2023, 10:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

Championship clubs have a veto on all EFLVoting matters they are getting a bigger percentage increase then a league 1  and 2 . I imagine the conversation went something like nobody wants to watch League 2 football unless they support the club so be grateful for what you get.

But they’re not wrong really are they? Aside from fat yanks in Arkansas and a few not real football fans that saw a documentary about Salford, nobody does want to watch league 2 football.

You kgint pick the odd football nerd but but in truth, the championship clubs aren’t wrong.

Someone mentioned about cheaper ticket prices to fill grounds…nice idea but won’t happen. Premier attendances are some of the most consistent in Europe and are full every week so no worry there, although in Spain they do have to fill the stands visible to the camera.

I know it’s cool for lower league fans to hate the premier league etc but whatever anyones opinion, they’ve built a huge brand that sees sellouts even for non entity games…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New EFL/Sky deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.