Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 6, 2023, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Heisenberg

Wait a minute - DID Crofty have a semi?!

Double fronted

It’s on Crofty’s Facebook page. Tried to tag him but he beat me to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
Yarborough Vaults
May 6, 2023, 10:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from GrimRob
It's going to make it harder for fans to watch games with lots of lunchtime kickoffs. As usual little thought has been given to the paying spectator. Away crowds are likely to drop and season ticket holders facing long journeys will have to make a decision. Likely to have an impact on games at BP. 8 camera angles will be much better than what we can now watch online. But without an atmosphere the games are not as enjoyable. Much better at BP with a big vocal away following.

If we want to be glass half full, it may make the new STHs who don't show up, not buy them for next season and watch from home instead. Those seats are then bought by fans who want to be there, creating a better atmosphere for the team to feed off.

This could actually solve the current empty STH seat issue as we continue to suffer paralysis over a new ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2023, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
[b][/b]
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

If we want to be glass half full, it may make the new STHs who don't show up, not buy them for next season and watch from home instead. Those seats are then bought by fans who want to be there, creating a better atmosphere for the team to feed off.

This could actually solve the current empty STH seat issue as we continue to suffer paralysis over a new ground

When will you understand we can’t afford a new ground?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2023, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
As I assume that as you get more money for the more times you’re on TV this feels like it makes an even bigger division within a division.

It would sit better with me if the revenue was split evenly but I guess it never works that way.

All I know is Wrexham will be the first game shown on the opening day.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
jamesgtfc
May 6, 2023, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC
As I assume that as you get more money for the more times you’re on TV this feels like it makes an even bigger division within a division.

It would sit better with me if the revenue was split evenly but I guess it never works that way.

All I know is Wrexham will be the first game shown on the opening day.

All teams are shown on the opening and final day. You would imagine one game (Wrexham) will be on TV with the others behind the red button or online. The TV game will probably get more money than those behind the red button or online.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
pontoonlew
May 6, 2023, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Not really sure how excited I can get over this, the extra money is great but every club in the league gets exactly the same benefit. As a result it’s only likely to inflate wages/transfer fees once again for everybody, and now it’s more difficult to get to a few more games instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2023, 11:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

All teams are shown on the opening and final day. You would imagine one game (Wrexham) will be on TV with the others behind the red button or online. The TV game will probably get more money than those behind the red button or online.

Sounds like that’s going to be the way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
Yarborough Vaults
May 7, 2023, 8:15am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[b][/b]

When will you understand we can’t afford a new ground?

Actually, we can't afford not to have one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
Mappers
May 7, 2023, 8:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

You could argue the more and more % income that gets taken away from Matchday revenue could push the possibility of a new ground away further than ever , it seems like it will go that way and attendances will become more and more irrelevant .

This is until 2028 ,how long until every game is streamed even 3pm kick offs  ? i don't think it's beyond the realms that it could be once this deal finishes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
Yarborough Vaults
May 7, 2023, 9:07am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

You could argue the more and more % income that gets taken away from Matchday revenue could push the possibility of a new ground away further than ever , it seems like it will go that way and attendances will become more and more irrelevant .

This is until 2028 ,how long until every game is streamed even 3pm kick offs  ? i don't think it's beyond the realms that it could be once this deal finishes

It's a good point. The TV deal is great for exiles though, and there will always be excuses why a new ground is impossible.

Attendances are already financially irrelevant at Premier League clubs but vital to the experience of those watching at home. Maybe TV cash could lead to ticket price cuts to make sure seats are filled for the cameras.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New EFL/Sky deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.