8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
May 6, 2023, 7:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
We certainly picked a good time to get promoted back to the EFL. Imagine if we were still down there now, with our parachute payments ending this season, and now the league clubs pulling further away.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
May 6, 2023, 8:51am
Guest User
So does this mean we have to subscribe to Sky Sports to watch these games?
Reply: 21 - 74
SteffiMariner
May 6, 2023, 9:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Well, you could always turn to pirate sites...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
May 6, 2023, 9:18am
Guest User
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Well, you could always turn to pirate sites...

I'd rather not do that, I have watched every match this season on Mariners TV, will that still be an option once Sky start broadcasting EFL games?

Reply: 23 - 74
HerveJosse
May 6, 2023, 9:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Terrible deal only 25% increase on previous deal for League 1 and 2 clubs which when considering runs through to 2029 won’t even cover inflation since last deal started for which Sky get 10 times more league 2 games and disruption that brings to kick off times etc.45% of League 2 games will be televised .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
Mappers
May 6, 2023, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse
Terrible deal only 25% increase on previous deal for League 1 and 2 clubs which when considering runs through to 2029 won’t even cover inflation since last deal started for which Sky get 10 times more league 2 games and disruption that brings to kick off times etc.45% of League 2 games will be televised .

It does not not sound great does it its something like 125k extra per season I think ? They have painted the narative that it's some sort of amazing deal but does not sound it ; but then clubs voted for it so who knows .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
lukeo
May 6, 2023, 10:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I've never paid for sky and never will. I pay a marinerstv subscription but use a proxy app on my TV, PC and phone so this doesn't effect me.
I do have a couple of spare logins going for cheap if anyone is interested (I accept I'll be getting plenty of red Xs but times are hard and for £40 for 12 months it helps massively financially instead of £50+ a month for sky TV etc)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
stevethefish
May 6, 2023, 11:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 86
Not happy at all. Was looking forward to watching every game live on streaming and paying a good price (aka matchday prices) to do so.
Missed opportunity to grow the market without affecting match day attendances.
5 years is a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2023, 6:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from lukeo
I've never paid for sky and never will. I pay a marinerstv subscription but use a proxy app on my TV, PC and phone so this doesn't effect me.
I do have a couple of spare logins going for cheap if anyone is interested (I accept I'll be getting plenty of red Xs but times are hard and for £40 for 12 months it helps massively financially instead of £50+ a month for sky TV etc)

What’s your reason for not paying for sky? I understand the financial impact but, is there another reason? Who’s your internet with? Do you disagree having to pay for that? And, isn’t it slightly hypocritical that you are trying to resell ‘your’ log in and therefore depriving the club of money from potential subscribers?

I work for a subsidiary of sky and, for me at least, I don’t mind paying for the service (albeit through Virgin). I get to watch programmes when/where I want. Plus, my kids and mrs can watch what they want to.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
Mappers
May 6, 2023, 7:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

What’s your reason for not paying for sky? I understand the financial impact but, is there another reason? Who’s your internet with? Do you disagree having to pay for that? And, isn’t it slightly hypocritical that you are trying to resell ‘your’ log in and therefore depriving the club of money from potential subscribers?

I work for a subsidiary of sky and, for me at least, I don’t mind paying for the service (albeit through Virgin). I get to watch programmes when/where I want. Plus, my kids and mrs can watch what they want to.

It's not really an issue is it if you want/can pay for it then it's there and you get relatively add free and gauranteed glitch free coverage .

If you choose not to then it's free but the trade off is possible lag , glitches and frustration from time to time .

Just personal choice much like in the 90's with 'chipped' games you sometimes got a dodgy one but for the volume you could get you would take it . Did buy ISS soccer un chipped though as that was my regular .

I do get your first paragraph seems a contradiction ,you would have thought he would be giving it out for free -all Town are we not ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New EFL/Sky deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.