8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
May 6, 2023, 7:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
The Mrs doesn't watch TV and I'm not that arsed, if I didn't have the app I wouldn't watch it. Millions do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2023, 7:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from lukeo
The Mrs doesn't watch TV and I'm not that arsed, if I didn't have the app I wouldn't watch it. Millions do it.

Am not saying that ‘millions’ don’t do it. What am saying is I don’t get the reasoning behind what you were saying. It all seemed rather contradictory. I bit like saying there’s a woman round the corner that does home teaching. It’s not as good but you don’t have to pay for school uniform so you save yourself a few quid, but I’ll tell you what, if you want to go there, you can borrow the kids clothes for a few quid

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
lukeo
May 6, 2023, 8:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Maybe I explained it poorly. My apologise. utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
moosey_club
May 6, 2023, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from coddy60

Yeah, de rigueur was Miffys shop, near town Hall.

I thought De Rigueur was Holmesy's initial shop in the High Street, Cleethorpes before he switched over to Milan ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
GrimRob
May 6, 2023, 8:12pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,449
Gold Stars: 114
It's going to make it harder for fans to watch games with lots of lunchtime kickoffs. As usual little thought has been given to the paying spectator. Away crowds are likely to drop and season ticket holders facing long journeys will have to make a decision. Likely to have an impact on games at BP. 8 camera angles will be much better than what we can now watch online. But without an atmosphere the games are not as enjoyable. Much better at BP with a big vocal away following.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 74
Mappers
May 6, 2023, 8:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from GrimRob
It's going to make it harder for fans to watch games with lots of lunchtime kickoffs. As usual little thought has been given to the paying spectator. Away crowds are likely to drop and season ticket holders facing long journeys will have to make a decision. Likely to have an impact on games at BP. 8 camera angles will be much better than what we can now watch online. But without an atmosphere the games are not as enjoyable. Much better at BP with a big vocal away following.

It does worry me that we are moving towards a more and more digital world with little thought for in person entertainment  in general - ironically our custodian was ahead of our time in that field so it might be something that if he has input can be beneficial to us .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
supertown
May 6, 2023, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
I’ve got both , I pay for sky and I’ve got a dodgy firestick  purely for BT Sport games because their add on is a rip off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2023, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from coddy60

Yeah, de rigueur was Miffys shop, near town Hall.

Thought so, next to a knitting shop at the entrance to top town market.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 6, 2023, 8:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Absolutely nothing could replace watching football live, in the flesh.

You can’t understand football through a TV.

It’s even better at our level because you’re even closer to the action.

The thrill of a new ground. That parking ticket. Watching the players instead of what the camera is showing you. The sounds. The smells. The threat of violence - both externally and internally. Sue from Bradford - our bodies intertwined like Bradford and Mansfield’s play-off hopes. Those Man Utd ‘fans’ at Salford who called Hunt a c*nt just as he swung a corner kick against the crossbar for Richardson to gobble up the rebound. Richo’s butt cheek vs Burton - the sound of Callaway on Titleist. Wearne channelling his inner Fury vs Odoh. Sly ear cuppage. Kieran Green in faux human form - a slight gash on his arm revealing wires, PCBs and the carburettor from a Massey-Ferguson. Horse shït on Stone Island. Train strikes. Splashback on poorly calibrated urinals. Embarrassing chino stains. Wave to JT. Has Crofty got a semi? Who’s got the Deep Heat. Waterfall’s jaw line. Clifton throwing out the megs, crazy penalty claims and Liam Emmerson jumping the shark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
Heisenberg
May 6, 2023, 9:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Absolutely nothing could replace watching football live, in the flesh.

You can’t understand football through a TV.

It’s even better at our level because you’re even closer to the action.

The thrill of a new ground. That parking ticket. Watching the players instead of what the camera is showing you. The sounds. The smells. The threat of violence - both externally and internally. Sue from Bradford - our bodies intertwined like Bradford and Mansfield’s play-off hopes. Those Man Utd ‘fans’ at Salford who called Hunt a c*nt just as he swung a corner kick against the crossbar for Richardson to gobble up the rebound. Richo’s butt cheek vs Burton - the sound of Callaway on Titleist. Wearne channelling his inner Fury vs Odoh. Sly ear cuppage. Kieran Green in faux human form - a slight gash on his arm revealing wires, PCBs and the carburettor from a Massey-Ferguson. Horse shït on Stone Island. Train strikes. Splashback on poorly calibrated urinals. Embarrassing chino stains. Wave to JT. Has Crofty got a semi? Who’s got the Deep Heat. Waterfall’s jaw line. Clifton throwing out the megs, crazy penalty claims and Liam Emmerson jumping the shark.

Wait a minute - DID Crofty have a semi?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New EFL/Sky deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.