12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Norseman
May 4, 2023, 11:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
I think many will be shocked at what the player budget is and at what levels we will be looking .I could almost guarantee our budget will probably not be in the top 10 and our incomings will mostly be from the National League or lower .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 112
ska face
May 5, 2023, 6:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,778
Gold Stars: 851
Could you aye? 🙄
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 112
Mappers
May 5, 2023, 7:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,473
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Norseman
I think many will be shocked at what the player budget is and at what levels we will be looking .I could almost guarantee our budget will probably not be in the top 10 and our incomings will mostly be from the National League or lower .

We can only speculate but you would assume it will be somewhere between 8-12th budget wise- definately competetive enough for a play
off spot .

I would be happy to go back to the NL for players , it's just finding the right diamonds in the rough -the lincoln recruitment guy has previous with Ben House I saw him for Eastleigh a few times and was mind blown that Lincoln took a gamble on him as he did not look much at all ; by all accounts he's now a 1mil+ player . We need to hope this recruitment guy 'gets us one ' this summer .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 112
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2023, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Norseman

It will be good to re-visit this post when the summer window closes.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 112
May 5, 2023, 9:31am
Guest User
The thing is with the Transfer Window that it is not just like seeing something on a supermarket shelf, picking it up and paying for it at the checkout.  You might say, well that's obvious, but every transfer window we have, and will see again people moaning that we didn't get x and we didn't get y.  As I said many, many times during the January transfer window, there are far more parameters for getting a player to sign for us than just putting down a wedge of money, and saying take it or leave it.  I have no doubt that the money side of things is a big part of whether or not a player signs for us, but that is not the be all and end all of negotiations.

I'm fairly sure that most of the posters on here are well aware of the intricacies of getting a players signature and that sometimes we won't be able to compete with other clubs financially, that's just tough luck and certainly not PH's fault.  Anyway, lets hope for a good window and see what PH pulls out of the bag.  UTM.
Reply: 94 - 112
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2023, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Norseman

I expect us to have a mid table League 2 budget which is light years away from where we were three years ago. What remains the concern is persuading decent players that we are a better option than other clubs with similar budgets.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 112
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 5, 2023, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from 123614
The thing is with the Transfer Window that it is not just like seeing something on a supermarket shelf, picking it up and paying for it at the checkout.  You might say, well that's obvious, but every transfer window we have, and will see again people moaning that we didn't get x and we didn't get y.  As I said many, many times during the January transfer window, there are far more parameters for getting a player to sign for us than just putting down a wedge of money, and saying take it or leave it.  I have no doubt that the money side of things is a big part of whether or not a player signs for us, but that is not the be all and end all of negotiations.

I'm fairly sure that most of the posters on here are well aware of the intricacies of getting a players signature and that sometimes we won't be able to compete with other clubs financially, that's just tough luck and certainly not PH's fault.  Anyway, lets hope for a good window and see what PH pulls out of the bag.  UTM.

The difference being that the summer transfer window contains a huge amount of players available out of contract compared to the winter one. I’d say there’s less of a knock on effect but more of a waiting game. Of course, there will still be clubs that need to get their targets in to release players, but I’d say not as complicated as January

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 112
Nutsy
May 5, 2023, 11:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
If we can start the season with
Armstrong
Khan-Lloyd-Vernam

I'd be very happy, not sure who would partner Harry behind that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 112
Poojah
May 5, 2023, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,754
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Nutsy
If we can start the season with
Armstrong
Khan-Lloyd-Vernam

I'd be very happy, not sure who would partner Harry behind that...

Luke Armstrong? He’s got another 2 years on his deal at Harrogate. I suspect they’d want the best part of £200k to let him go, and I can’t see us doing that any time soon.

I’d be happy with Lloyd, but I’m yet to be convinced it will happen. It does sound like Vernam is all but done, at least.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 112
TownSNAFU5
May 5, 2023, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Yes, Hurst has more money and more time this season.  He also knows how current players have adapted to Div 2.

Another plus is that he generally has a good eye for a player.

The obstacle to overcome is persuading players to come here.  Our cup successes should have helped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Chadwick from Ull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.