moosey_club
December 29, 2020, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from realist
I want Fenty out ASAP but have reservations about Shutes. We know nothing about him or his motives. He only appeared when redevelopment money was available. Is Gtfc a vehicle to make more money?  It could be out of the frying pan and into the fire

Looking inwards....we should have the perfect owner already, fan, local, multi millionaire business man......but unfortunately he just isnt.
His bloody mindedness to seemingly refuse to lose a single penny for his time in charge is ridiculous, every supporter who has gone down the years during his reign has lost thousands and whilst there have been good times ...they are few and far between.

Your Jack Walkers, Dave Whelan etc type owners had money and were prepared to lose it, even after death by leaving funding in their wills.....not JF , it's all loans and he wants it back.

The consortium for me offers a viable alternative to the benefactor model....yes...local persons involved who are interested in a wider project, of course they are looking to make money but I think they see having the club as a key part of their plan to access it all and the funding it would unlock.  And if they are motivated to make money....not save every penny by donning a pair of red overalls themselves and climbing a ladder personally....then I am pretty sure they will work hard to make their investment work.
If it happens to be a con, they takeover, dont spend a penny then we are actually  no worse off are we? But we would have the bonus of maybe not having a board that resents fans as much as the current one does.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 10:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Hi John 👋

His posts are far too well written for him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 10:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist
I want Fenty out ASAP but have reservations about Shutes. We know nothing about him or his motives. He only appeared when redevelopment money was available. Is Gtfc a vehicle to make more money?  It could be out of the frying pan and into the fire

We know less about them granted. I had my reservations about them. Still do a bit. But on the balance of risks I'd say it was the better option. The consortium have got a proven track record that will serve us better than Fenty's business acumen. And they will do it in a more ethical way. If they can make some money out of GTFC in the process, good luck to them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
RonMariner
December 29, 2020, 3:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from RonMariner
Taking a step back from all of the emotion a deal must be the most probably outcome.

Fenty has been saying for years that he wants to sell the club. Lets face it, the last 15 years have hardly been a barrel of laughs for him.

On the playing side we have a very poor squad, currently bottom of the form league, and in need of serious upgrading that will involve appointing a good manager and at least half a dozen good players. I doubt that he is keen to stump up the funds involved, which will be considerable.

The club is pretty much worthless as a going concern as it is. If we get relegated again, even more so.  So if he does not sell now, he might never get another chance to get anything for his shares and get his loans back.  So this looks like an opportunity too good to turn down.

The value of the transaction has already been agreed. It is just the timing of the loan repayments which is an issue. So once that is agreed it can go through.

At the end of the day Fenty is a fan of the club and he knows that it is dying without a substantial investment. I can't see him wanting to pump more cash in. So he will surely agree to sell.        

Just saying.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Sound of Silence

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.