heppy88
December 28, 2020, 10:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
For what its worth I think in the next day or two it will all be resolved and there will be new owners of GTFC ,
we just need to let them get on with the legal side of things then I expect an announcement

I really hope your right Rob. Fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
GrimRob
December 28, 2020, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
For what its worth I think in the next day or two it will all be resolved and there will be new owners of GTFC ,
we just need to let them get on with the legal side of things then I expect an announcement

Good to hear Rob  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 63
gtfc98
December 28, 2020, 10:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68

This coming from someone who is close to Fenty. So let's hope he's right.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 28, 2020, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

Good to hear Rob  

to be honest I know as much as everyone else but my own opinion is John knows its time to move on and will shortly

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
malkamalka
December 28, 2020, 10:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
In the statement, they did say they were taking time out to be with their families, and they wouldn't be engaging in public debate, including on social media. So maybe January 2?

Going back to the end days of the Bill Carr tenure, didn't the board give everybody a big pay rise on the night they got kicked out? This left the new board saddled with extra debt which I believe Dudley Ramsden covered with a loan of £300k. (Which he later "gifted" to the club). My fear would be that the outgoing board would do something like that, probably appoint a hopeless manager on a huge contract and salary or something.

I'm not say they WOULD but it would be my fear!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
December 28, 2020, 10:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from malkamalka
In the statement, they did say they were taking time out to be with their families, and they wouldn't be engaging in public debate, including on social media. So maybe January 2?

Going back to the end days of the Bill Carr tenure, didn't the board give everybody a big pay rise on the night they got kicked out? This left the new board saddled with extra debt which I believe Dudley Ramsden covered with a loan of £300k. (Which he later "gifted" to the club). My fear would be that the outgoing board would do something like that, probably appoint a hopeless manager on a huge contract and salary or something.

I'm not say they WOULD but it would be my fear!

As a minimum I hope our admin staff get their 25percent pay cut back in a lump sum.  And from reading on here of how stockwood likes to run a business.... I’m pretty confident they would be very happy with this.
Reply: 35 - 63
rancido
December 28, 2020, 11:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Poojah

Better to be 'just a ward councillor' than a pariah, something he is fast becoming entirely as a result of his own actions.

With council elections in May he may not even be a ward councillor for long. His opponents could have a field day in questioning is integrity and judgement by his business association with a convicted fraudster. The local Conservative Party might want to distance their self from him. His local political career could soon be in tatters.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
The Grim Reaper
December 28, 2020, 11:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Another takeover bid passes by. What shall we talk about now?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
RonMariner
December 28, 2020, 11:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Taking a step back from all of the emotion a deal must be the most probably outcome.

Fenty has been saying for years that he wants to sell the club. Lets face it, the last 15 years have hardly been a barrel of laughs for him.

On the playing side we have a very poor squad, currently bottom of the form league, and in need of serious upgrading that will involve appointing a good manager and at least half a dozen good players. I doubt that he is keen to stump up the funds involved, which will be considerable.

The club is pretty much worthless as a going concern as it is. If we get relegated again, even more so.  So if he does not sell now, he might never get another chance to get anything for his shares and get his loans back.  So this looks like an opportunity too good to turn down.

The value of the transaction has already been agreed. It is just the timing of the loan repayments which is an issue. So once that is agreed it can go through.

At the end of the day Fenty is a fan of the club and he knows that it is dying without a substantial investment. I can't see him wanting to pump more cash in. So he will surely agree to sell.        
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
Fillipe Noche
December 29, 2020, 12:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from 3610

As a minimum I hope our admin staff get their 25percent pay cut back in a lump sum.  And from reading on here of how stockwood likes to run a business.... I’m pretty confident they would be very happy with this.

Some say that they’ve already received their pay shortfall back. Not entirely sure how true that is, it’s just hearsay. But people spouting about the 25% pay cuts might be barking up the wrong tree if the staff have already been reimbursed from the EFL money (or is it Prem League)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Sound of Silence

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.