lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,779
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from toontown
I would be surprised if he sells. It's the logical, intelligent and most worthwhile thing to do, but all of that means zilch with him. Think he will desperately cling on as it's the only thing to feed his distorted ego now he has lost his council gigs. He will destroy the club rather than let it go. The illegitimate.

What would be the point in not selling? He will then never get his money back, and it seems money is important to him.

He faces years of having to make up financial shortfalls as the support base drifts away, and he is going to receive pelters every single day from fans that won't forgive him.

I understand the ego thing, but surely to God he can see its over?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
Poojah
December 28, 2020, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,882
Gold Stars: 1,526
The problem he has is that everything seems to have come together at the wrong time for him.

His dealings with Alex May have tipped those previously merely ambivalent towards him over the edge to a point where the fanbase almost unanimously wants him out. Our form is absolutely abysmal and we look strong relegation candidates. We have no manager and an off-field situation no prospective gaffer worth his salt is going to want to entertain.

And now, amidst this clusterfúck to end all clusterfúcks, we have a viable offer on the table from a consortium of successful businessmen, all with strong connections to the town and the club. I see no remaining narrative that enables him to keep hold of the club.

Any resistance to this bid will only stir up emotions further and increase the pressure for him to go. This isn't going to go away this time. I genuinely believe fans are ready to withdraw their support for the club in meaningful numbers. He has to go and I honestly think it's merely a matter of when, not if, he realises this (if he hasn't already).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I really hope you’re right Poojah but, even today’s little charade shows how desperate they have become. Thing is he could be left as just a ward councillor. Not custodian of a football club or deputy leader of a council. One very deflated ego.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2020, 9:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah
The problem he has is that everything seems to have come together at the wrong time for him.

His dealings with Alex May have tipped those previously merely ambivalent towards him over the edge to a point where the fanbase almost unanimously wants him out. Our form is absolutely abysmal and we look strong relegation candidates. We have no manager and an off-field situation no prospective gaffer worth his salt is going to want to entertain.

And now, amidst this clusterfúck to end all clusterfúck, we have a viable offer on the table from a consortium of successful businessmen, all with strong connections to the town and the club. I see no remaining narrative that enables him to keep hold of the club.

Any resistance to this bid will only stir up emotions further and increase the pressure for him to go. This isn't going to go away this time. I genuinely believe fans are ready to withdraw their support for the club in meaningful numbers. He has to go and I honestly think it's merely a matter of when, not if, he realises this (if he hasn't already).

Hopefully!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
Poojah
December 28, 2020, 9:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,882
Gold Stars: 1,526
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I really hope you’re right Poojah but, even today’s little charade shows how desperate they have become. Thing is he could be left as just a ward councillor. Not custodian of a football club or deputy leader of a council. One very deflated ego.

Better to be 'just a ward councillor' than a pariah, something he is fast becoming entirely as a result of his own actions.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,779
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Poojah

And now, amidst this clusterfúck to end all clusterfúck, we have a viable offer on the table from a consortium of successful businessmen, all with strong connections to the town and the club. I see no remaining narrative that enables him to keep hold of the club.

I never thought I could withdraw my financial support from the club which has been big part of my life, but me and my children will not spend a penny more at BP till he is gone.

This is being replicated all over Grimsby and beyond; fans have had enough and they know it would be best in the longer term for the club even if it means even greater short term pain.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
grimsby pete
December 28, 2020, 10:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
All we can do if he turns down the very generous offer is boycott any game we are allowed in do not buy anything from the club shop.

It took the Blackpool fans a while to get rid of their useless dictator but ours will crumble once it's costing him money.

Take the offer because of you don't you will never get a better one .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
Hagrid
December 28, 2020, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
His ego stinks, and i dont believe he will walk

But if he doesnt he kills the club he supposedly supports so good luck John. If you think your hated now, i dont think you’ve seen anything yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 28, 2020, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
For what its worth I think in the next day or two it will all be resolved and there will be new owners of GTFC ,
we just need to let them get on with the legal side of things then I expect an announcement

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
For what its worth I think in the next day or two it will all be resolved and there will be new owners of GTFC ,
we just need to let them get on with the legal side of things then I expect an announcement

As you’re well in the know, that’s very welcome news.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Sound of Silence

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.