mariner91
March 20, 2024, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,661
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah

If the players turn up this has the potential to be the best atmosphere at BP since the last time we played Wrexham here.

Yep. This is the first home game I'll miss since Gillingham and I'm gutted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 153
Poojah
March 20, 2024, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,588
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from mariner91

Yep. This is the first home game I'll miss since Gillingham and I'm gutted.

Funny you mention Gillingham as tomorrow marks 15 years since our 3-0 win against them at BP; Barry Conlon and Peter Sweeney’s debuts if memory serves. That was an important game that sticks in the memory for a particularly loud and raucous atmosphere that helped put a fancied side well and truly back in their shell. BP needs to be a really uncomfortable place for Wrexham on Saturday.

Tweet 1638088181105979396 will appear here...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 153
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2024, 3:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Poojah

To be fair those seats in that corner are some of the best in the ground. Properly covered with mostly unrestricted views; always surprises me when I see seats at the back of the Main Stand going before those.

On a couple of my rare trips home we’ve sat in the corner. Great view of the pitch from that angle in there and probably best atmosphere in BP , especially when a big away following turns up . I’d get a ST in there if they were available and I actually lived in travelling/ arsed to travel distance

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 153
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 20, 2024, 4:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,843
Gold Stars: 178
Always thought the area where the police box is, would be the perfect place to house the disabled supporters as it’s perfect access right next to the gates. If, obviously unlikely at this stage, the main stand does get replaced/tarted up, then a proper unrestricted (and dry) viewing area needs to be high up the list

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 153
grassbandits
March 20, 2024, 4:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Poojah

To be fair those seats in that corner are some of the best in the ground. Properly covered with mostly unrestricted views; always surprises me when I see seats at the back of the Main Stand going before those.

Great to know as a non-season ticket holder who's x4 on the back row of the main Saturday : (
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 153
HerveJosse
March 20, 2024, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

On a couple of my rare trips home we’ve sat in the corner. Great view of the pitch from that angle in there and probably best atmosphere in BP , especially when a big away following turns up . I’d get a ST in there if they were available and I actually lived in travelling/ arsed to travel distance

I remember before all seating the Osmond corner covered  terracing held circa 4000 and the Pontoon would decamp  there when we were kicking towards the Osmond end. It was always the best area for generating noise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 153
lew chaterleys lover
March 20, 2024, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
I know we have tried it before in the 80's, but shouldn't the whole of the Osmond end be the "home"end? Better acoustics, joins on to the Main stand to give a solid block of home support and isn't there a covered bar in there?

The Pontoon stands alone so would be perfect for away fans.

I suppose the downside is if away support is not very numerous.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 153
crusty ole pie
March 20, 2024, 5:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
I know we have tried it before in the 80's, but shouldn't the whole of the Osmond end be the "home"end? Better acoustics, joins on to the Main stand to give a solid block of home support and isn't there a covered bar in there?

No keepto tradition the pontoon money to build raised by fans for the fans.now what I would do if money was not tight is to extend the pontoon up to the main stand and findus that would give us a cauldron of noise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 153
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 20, 2024, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,843
Gold Stars: 178

I’ve always thought that too. Maybe because it’s always been deemed as the ‘home end’ that it hasn’t been done again since. I know people would see it as blasphemy but it makes sense doesn’t it? Easier for segregation too

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 153
lew chaterleys lover
March 20, 2024, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from crusty ole pie

No keepto tradition the pontoon money to build raised by fans for the fans.now what I would do if money was not tight is to extend the pontoon up to the main stand and findus that would give us a cauldron of noise

Just re - name the stands, with a proper tribute to show the input from previous generations? Would anybody really object?

The New Pontoon stand.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.