Mappers
March 22, 2024, 7:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from DB

That would be contrary to one of his first statements which went along the lines of ' Getting money isn't a problem'. Perhaps it's the paying back that is.

And trying to raise 'good' investment in a line of business where more than likely stakeholders will never see anything back apart from 'the good ' of our club must be a very very hard sell .

Even though in the early days I'm sure he mentioned something along the lines of 'there is people with money in the Town who want to have an opinion, but are not willing to invest' .

I suppose the training ground is the first key test as to whether they can raise the capital in this industry ; if not they will either have to pony up 5 million quid , it won't happen or the club will accrue some sort of debt .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 153
HerveJosse
March 22, 2024, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Can I ask, do you have a personal vendetta against Stockwood?....
It appears at every turn and opportunity you can't help but have a dig.
This man, along with AP have done so much for our club, they've given it back to the fans, acted with professionalism and integrity thar the previous incumbent could only dream about.

No I just prefer honesty to BS on the ground capacity issue pretending he doesn’t know what our capacity is or what a sell out is or that we don’t need more investors. Just say we are not prepared to or can’t afford to put the money in to expand capacity and we don’t want to reduce our shareholding by inviting us in to pay for it.
Expanding our ground capacity is essential to our achieving any sort of long term success . 6500 is a near average gate in EFL league 2 now as crowds have improved accross football . With that restricted level of attendance we have already reached our natural level and that’s not good enough for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 153
LocalLadGTFC
March 22, 2024, 11:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HerveJosse

No I just prefer honesty to BS on the ground capacity issue pretending he doesn’t know what our capacity is or what a sell out is or that we don’t need more investors. Just say we are not prepared to or can’t afford to put the money in to expand capacity and we don’t want to reduce our shareholding by inviting us in to pay for it.

I'm pretty sure Andrew and JS both addressed this as a priority, just when you piece everything together there's much bigger issues. Any expansion to the ground would be very costly. We've already seen that the ground work is proving to be very costly and that will continue in this off season.. I think it's 750 thousand that was quoted for work on the main stand? The pitch is in the best condition that it's ever been in, take a look around the football league at the state of some of the pitches and take a look at ours on Saturday... looks like it's not even been played on. The training ground is now that of a professional football club with suitable facilities for both staff and players and we are actually being run like a football club. In terms of selling out, how many times this season have we actually sold out? The more pressing issue is the fact most games ' sell out ' or have limited tickets available but then when it comes to the attendance being read out we are short of 7000. The current RYS incentive is okay, but I feel there could be more done. I also feel like the advertisement of the RYS is very poorly done across all socials, nevermind for the generation of our supporters that don't have social media? It'd be interesting to see the percentages of fans that have actually contributed to the RYS.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 153
paulmblythe
March 22, 2024, 11:15am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from forza ivano

well, why didn't they just move down a few rows? There's always plenty of empty seats when the scunts or lincoln come to visit.....

my point was why would we give up the pontoon where you can see the whole pitch from every seat baring a few posts to sit in a stand where the view isnt as good?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 153
Heisenberg
March 22, 2024, 11:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
All BP needs is:

The two corners either side of the Pontoon filling in

A new roof to encompass the pontoon and both corners

The Main Stand knocking down, rebuilding, and joining up with the newly built corner

The Osmond knocking down, rebuilt, and joining up with the new Main Stand.

Simples!! Mind you, it’d take 4-5 years and cost goodness-knows what. Plus the housing of away fans and existing Main Stand ST holders would be a constant merry-go-round.

Be worth it if we had the money, no doubt. A new ground would reportedly cost circa £40-50m nowadays and of course should be Plan A, but nobody has that sort of money. The BP redevelopment would presumably still cost £20m at a guess. Unless the owners find someone like the Lincoln owners did who’s willing to invest (ie GIVE the club money with no hope of ever getting it back) then we’re stuck with what we’ve got.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 153
Mappers
March 22, 2024, 11:40am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Expanding our ground capacity is essential to our achieving any sort of long term success . 6500 iis a near average gate in EFL league 2 now as crowds have improved accross football . With that restricted level of attendance we have already reached or natural level and that’s not good enough for me

I think we can take announced attendance with a pinch of salt . We must be doing well with seats sold per game it must be 7k +

The release the seat scheme is a good idea from a financial point of view as it's effectively that seat being sold twice - the markup on the season ticket seat - a streamlined version of that might be helpful -- it's probably worth a nudge when sending out season tickets etc for people that don't use online/SM .

I agree with you fully about the capacity issue though as I always have it's one that won't go away and just an issue that will  grow if there is  any on pitch success .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 153
Mappers
March 22, 2024, 11:42am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I'm pretty sure Andrew and JS both addressed this as a priority, just when you piece everything together there's much bigger issues. Any expansion to the ground would be very costly. We've already seen that the ground work is proving to be very costly and that will continue in this off season.. I think it's 750 thousand that was quoted for work on the main stand? The pitch is in the best condition that it's ever been in, take a look around the football league at the state of some of the pitches and take a look at ours on Saturday... looks like it's not even been played on. The training ground is now that of a professional football club with suitable facilities for both staff and players and we are actually being run like a football club. In terms of selling out, how many times this season have we actually sold out? The more pressing issue is the fact most games ' sell out ' or have limited tickets available but then when it comes to the attendance being read out we are short of 7000. The current RYS incentive is okay, but I feel there could be more done. I also feel like the advertisement of the RYS is very poorly done across all socials, nevermind for the generation of our supporters that don't have social media? It'd be interesting to see the percentages of fans that have actually contributed to the RYS.

Massive kudos to them on the pitch , 0 games called off in adverse weather conditions at times .

Being this fit in March it should be in excellent condition come August you would have thought with some sun , no games and 3 months of prep work .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 153
mariner91
March 22, 2024, 2:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,654
Gold Stars: 262
1 left in Lower
1 in Pontoon
10 left in Main.

Good going guys. 21st in L2, only won twice this year and been shite for years. That's great support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 153
grimsby pete
March 22, 2024, 3:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
If we get a really good run going and are in the top three next season we will have full houses every home games whatever the club says.

There will be hundreds or more fans saying I would have gone to the game but could not get a ticket.

If a church can ask the people to help fund. the building work why can't a football club .?

We could have a pay as much you can when and as often you can thats would suit you.

So The odd.fan. Might put in a fiver now and then the ones better off might put in hundreds or even thousands and in no time we will have enough money to start the work.Once completed the excess can be paid by the same way plus the extra money generated by the extra seats until it's all paid off.

I know there will be a few saying that's a no go for whatever reason but what else can we do because doing nothing will not give us a successful team.

You can give me a red cross if you like but I would rather you  put your views on here as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 153
LocalLadGTFC
March 22, 2024, 4:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we get a really good run going and are in the top three next season we will have full houses every home games whatever the club says.

There will be hundreds or more fans saying I would have gone to the game but could not get a ticket.

If a church can ask the people to help fund. the building work why can't a football club .?

We could have a pay as much you can when and as often you can thats would suit you.

So The odd.fan. Might put in a fiver now and then the ones better off might put in hundreds or even thousands and in no time we will have enough money to start the work.Once completed the excess can be paid by the same way plus the extra money generated by the extra seats until it's all paid off.

I know there will be a few saying that's a no go for whatever reason but what else can we do because doing nothing will not give us a successful team.

You can give me a red cross if you like but I would rather you  put your views on here as well.

Didn't we do something with this the first time we dropped into non league? I seem to remember something about a brick or something to do with the big gate near the Pontoon/Findus... I can't remember what it was used for but please correct me if i'm wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 109 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.