Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Seat count

This thread currently has 15,914 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 22, 2024, 4:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we get a really good run going and are in the top three next season we will have full houses every home games whatever the club says.

There will be hundreds or more fans saying I would have gone to the game but could not get a ticket.

What if we do invest in the ground which means we can't strengthen the team and we struggle in the bottom 6 again all season? Presumably everyone on here will be really patient and say it's worth waiting for the investment in infrastructure to pay dividends in 3 to 5 years? That's typically how football fans behave......

Tomorrow is the first sell out all season isn't it? Do we think there are many who want to go who won't be doing? I suspect not. Occasionally selling out doesn't strike me as evidence that we desperately need to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds, which we don't have, rushing to increase the capacity of the ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 153
Mappers
March 22, 2024, 4:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

What if we do invest in the ground which means we can't strengthen the team and we struggle in the bottom 6 again all season? Presumably everyone on hear will be really patient and say it's worth waiting for the investment in infrastructure to pay dividends in 3 to 5 years? That's typically how football fans behave......

Tomorrow is the first sell out all season isn't it? Do we think there are many who want to go who won't be doing? I suspect not. Occasionally selling out doesn't strike me as evidence that we desperately need to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds, which we don't have, rushing to increase the capacity of the ground.

Like I have said before (I will say it again) although we need some extra capacity imo , far more pressing is the overall upgrade of facilities and views for people who actually go now + disabled facilities - you would hypothetically remove the excuse of 'we would get loads more if we had a better ground ' view with doing this and get a better census of if there is a need rather than just ramming a load of extra seats  in . The capacity with unrestricted views must be what 7000-7500 ; with a full ground of seats where you can see properly from every seat 8500-9k .I suppose the counter argument is people will still pay full whack to sit somewhere they can't see (for big games)  .

I think retaining the new regular 6500 buying a ticket week in week out is as important as recruiting potential new fans , that you don't know 100% that you even have .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 153
Mappers
March 22, 2024, 4:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118

What if we do invest in the ground which means we can't strengthen the team and we struggle in the bottom 6 again all season? Presumably everyone on here will be really patient and say it's worth waiting for the investment in infrastructure to pay dividends in 3 to 5 years? That's typically how football fans behave......

Sold out Wimbledon first game for sure as people were annoyed they had the larger section . I think a few more on 'seats sold' but is it ever going to be a sell out with the release the seat feature ?

As this game for example we will have sold more than the ground holds but the crowd will be short  with the announced figure, with ST holders who can't turn up and don't/can't /know how to release their seat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 153
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 7:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from woodi147

we  have changed ends before

Was that for a season(s) or a one-off tryout? Just can't remember that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 153
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 7:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Gates at BP are all dependent on away fans. Can't remember away fans' sellouts this season.
The last time I remember a run of sell-outs is when Bonnetti played and being accosted to see if I would sell my tickets.
Ticket touts at Grimsby, its not that lucrative ist it?

The shame of it all is that the last two seasons have been buzzing for one reason or another, and this season has done some damage. I just hope the season tickets don't suffer for 24-25
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 153
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 8:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Gates at BP are all dependent on away fans. Can't remember away fans' sellouts this season.
The last time I remember a run of sell-outs is when Bonnetti played and being accosted to see if I would sell my tickets.
Ticket touts at Grimsby, its not that lucrative ist it?

The shame of it all is that the last two seasons have been buzzing for one reason or another, and this season has done some damage. I just hope the season tickets don't suffer for 24-25
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 153
arryarryarry
March 22, 2024, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimPol

Was that for a season(s) or a one-off tryout? Just can't remember that.

At least a season, it was pretty full of Arsenal fans when we lost 3-4.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 153
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 8:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

At least a season, it was pretty full of Arsenal fans when we lost 3-4.

1986 then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 153
MarinerWY
March 22, 2024, 9:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47

It's not just the matches that officially sell out TBF, it's also the many matches that the few seats that aren't sold are either single seats or seats that really should be sold as restricted view i.e. the back of the Main towards Ponny end... Ended up there last time as needed 4 tickets, couldn't believe it wasn't flagged as a restricted view seat the view was dire. Then again that was the Donny game so probably shouldn't complain

It's not a major priority but it would improve the experience a lot if a solution did come about, especially one that also improved atmosphere. Always struck by how atmosphere sounds louder on Mariners TV than when you're actually in the ground

Private Message
Reply: 118 - 153
grimsby pete
March 22, 2024, 11:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
It's a catch 22 really have a successful team but can not increase revenue.

Or  stay the same by not increasing seating so limited how much spare cash we have to improve team.

Near!y every team that are successful find a way to increase seating to keep up with the bigger teams that already have more seats than fans.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seat count

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.