forza ivano
March 13, 2024, 12:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from toontown

Well I sure can tell you one thing, although it should be obvious to anybody with eyes. He was told that the obsession with starting each and every goal kick with 2 CBs playing along the 6 yard box had to go.

Remember how he went mental not all that long ago at Cartwright when, after we were struggling with it yet again, he decided to kick the ball out from a goal kick instead. That isn't a manager that wanted his goalie to mix it up and sometimes go long, or use his own judgement, that's a manager that's trying to impose his philosophy on to players regardless of ability or results.

We never play that way now, ever. That was clearly part of the discussion, and rightly so. But he had to be told by others what should have been obvious. Whether it will come back if we find ourselves safe, and to what degree, hopefully we will find out cos that means we've done enough with the new way of playing to be safe.

Like I say, I hope he's learned and realised football has to be pragmatic sometimes and not all players can play in the Crewe way.

This, in bucketloads (and look at the number of times BFS got into trouble tonight by trying to do that self same thing)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
Marinerdeano
March 13, 2024, 12:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Gillingham next?  Lowest scorers in the Division.  They lost tonight and had a player sent off.  Change of manager not helped.  Fans want a complete clear out at the end of the season.  They were not good at BP.

We have another good chance.  

Their suspended player is their main centre half and top scorer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
Limerick Mariner
March 13, 2024, 12:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano
can't add much more to that, a massive, massive win.

Tharme improves every game as he gets fitter and more confident. Getting 2 x 90 minutes out of Thompson is a big, big win - he is absolutely superb. Thought Eisa, Arthur n Obikwu put in massive shifts,poor old Gav had an absolute stinker.
Word for Andrews who I thought came on and did lots of good things. Hume is just so good, would be amazed if he's here next season, whist Mullarky n Rodgers just look like different players.
Harvey didn't have a save to make, but 1 observation, i think he could be more decisive and commanding coming off his line , he looks a bit dithery sometimes.
Green's little cameo was interesting, as for the 2nd game on the trot he's actually looked quite competent with the ball at his feet, rather  his previous incarnation as the 100% committed destroyer with the touch of  a Sunday morning player

I’ve never had the downer about Green that others have. We didn’t sign him to be our main creative midfielder, he probably isn’t on big money and you get full on from him every time. Quite happy to see him here next season as an occasional starter if we have an injury or two, and on the bench if not starting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
lukeo
March 13, 2024, 4:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
First game I've watched in a while due to usually playing / training at times Grimsby are.

The game had an FA cup tie feel about it.

MK Dons played some lovely football but created next to nothing due to towns set up and you have to give DA credit for that. Fantastic 3 points.  

Thompson motm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
HerveJosse
March 13, 2024, 6:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
The fourth official will be going for a hearing test in his right ear this morning . Artell certainly gets passionate during a game so different to PH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
quebec38
March 13, 2024, 8:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,580
Gold Stars: 48
Fantastic game last night. I can’t remember the last time we stuck to a game plan so resolutely and executed it with such perfection. If I had to I’d give Tharme motm but in truth they all deserve a sip of the champagne.

No luck involved and it didn’t even feel like we were particularly hanging on. It was nervy, but everyone defended so well right to the end and despite 20% possession we still carried the bigger goal threat.

Buzzing today.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
supertown
March 13, 2024, 8:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,457
Gold Stars: 53
Has there been an update on Rose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
IlkleyMariner
March 13, 2024, 8:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from supertown
Has there been an update on Rose

Artell saying it’s a short to medium time out as opposed to medium to long
Sounds like maybe he misses Saturday but back for Wrexham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
GrimPol
March 13, 2024, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from lukeo
First game I've watched in a while due to usually playing / training at times Grimsby are.

The game had an FA cup tie feel about it.

MK Dons played some lovely football but created next to nothing due to towns set up and you have to give DA credit for that. Fantastic 3 points.  

Thompson motm.

There were two systems played last night. MKD played smooth triangles in 2/3 of the pitch, playing out the back mostly, it was easy on the eye. Town played up and at em style, kicked long from the GK mostly and the passing was "grinding-gears" type, a bit stuttery, the 21% 79% ball possession showed a lot, but meant little as Town in the last 1/3 Town was the more dangerous. Could have been 3-0 at the end.
One strange issue, whilst there were 17 -16 fouls committed, Town had 5 yellows and MKD 0. It's time Town restarted the old tradition of giving away boxes of fish to the 4 officials
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Zmariner
March 13, 2024, 9:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Brilliant last night, although very nervy. Think Green will start on Saturday as Gav was off form. Saturday is another huge one Forest Green are likely to beat Sutton and it would not surprise me if Colchester beat Walsall as we have proved teams at the bottom fight hard. We may need a few more points than average to stay up this season ,depends on how Colchester hit the run in .Forest Green are on promotion form. The best thing, for me is that you watch now with expectation of getting a decent result, compare this to 3 weeks ago and even walking into the Doncaster game, I fully expected us to lose. Really looking forward to watching a mid table team. This is way too stressful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.