6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
March 12, 2024, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
I'll give Artell credit yes, but I'd give him more if he had been able to see what had to be told to him by staff and players at the clear the air meeting post Donny. He certainly got us into quite a mess with his zealotry about playing it out from the back. It's just lucky we had time to turn it around although we certainly aren't safe yet - it wouldn't surprise me if FG's improvement keeps going.

His attitude up until Donny was certainly complacent, not a good look. I do think he has shown he has in game management capability with his subs though, which we haven't had in a while.

Ultimately, even if he keeps us up, the jury is still out - will he return to type the following season or has he developed as manager and learned?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
March 12, 2024, 10:51pm
Guest User
Forget about FGR. It’s Colchester, Salford and doomed Sutton in the mix now.
Reply: 21 - 56
heppy88
March 12, 2024, 10:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Really, really enjoyed that one. I think just what we all needed at BP; to see a hard fought, battling performance with plenty of pride, grit and determination and boy, did the fans respond in kind. I forgot what it could be like at BP when the crowd get going, but it was just like a cauldron. It helps when the opposition do their best to cheat (They had clearly done their homework on these officials) their way through the game, coupled with inept (being polite!) officials. The crowd soon got behind the players and the players all put in a performance any GTFC supporter would want to see. Well done to the staff, players and fans, for a great nights entertainment. Buzzing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
moosey_club
March 12, 2024, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm still baffled how we got so many yellows and I can't remember them getting one.

The ref certainly wasn't a homer, that's for sure.

Well two of them were yellows in fairness...Hulme in particular and Mullarkeys as well...the other three though...fck.me

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
Maringer
March 12, 2024, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Stew0_0
Great result against a good MK side and whilst battling yet another dodgy ref. To book 5 town players for next to nothing and not hand out a single card to a Dons player sums his night up.

I'm not sure if day that Hume's booking was for next to nothing, but I agree that at least a couple of their players should have been booked as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
Lincspoacher
March 12, 2024, 10:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Such an important win given FGR’s win at Bradford as well.

Make no mistake, MK Dons are a very good side and we played the only game that would get us a result tonight and played it well.

Its not pretty and we don’t want to watch it next season being dominated like this, but credit to Artel for showing us that he can set up a team from the back to make us hard to break down.

A great foundation for next season to build on if we stick with it this year.

Our back 3 and keeper are superb at mo and I really do like Hume.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
supertown
March 12, 2024, 10:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
You’d expect FGR to beat Sutton at the weekend , so we need a point at worst I think against Gills
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 12, 2024, 11:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Not the most ‘pleasant on the eye’ advert for a football match, but, my god did town fight for that win. Every player left the pitch blowing out their ars3s having put in one hell of a shift. Some appalling decisions from the ref, but that shouldn't take anything away from the performance. There seemed to be more than a touch of fortune with the goal, but how many times has that happened to us. Tharme was so solid at the back and good communication from all of the  back 5 throughout the game was great to see

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
RonMariner
March 12, 2024, 11:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Perfectly capable of getting a point on Saturday.  We are actually in better form than Gillingham over the last six games. We recently got a point at Wimbledon who are above them in the table. So why not?

If we could win the game, which is not impossible, i think we can all start feeling a far less stressed. But I think we now just need to keep on picking up draws here and there them chalk up a few wins from our easier April fixtures.

I can see us beating Bradford and Swindon at home. Three more draws and that takes us to 47 points which will be a tough target for others to catch us.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
The Yard Dog
March 12, 2024, 11:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm still baffled how we got so many yellows and I can't remember them getting one.

The ref certainly wasn't a homer, that's for sure.

Their goalie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.