6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2024, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Terrific result, whatever was said post Donny needs bottling and saving if we ever get ‘basket case itis’ again.

Tharme, Rodgers and Mullarkey were excellent and Obikwu tireless. A bit of quality around Thompson next season and we will look different gravy. Happy days.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
Nutsy
March 12, 2024, 10:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Thought we still played good football this evening. The match stats will send neutrals and franchise fans who weren’t there into a spin as they don’t paint the full picture.

Really like the back 5, Cartwright looks a very dependable keeper (albeit didn’t have much to do), Thompson looks an astute signing and Obikwu filled in for Rose very well.

Thought Andrews, Wood and Green were excellent and brought in at the right time. Pyke didn’t as much but very big performance to follow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
ginnywings
March 12, 2024, 10:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Magnificent backs to the wall performance again, and Harvey didn't have a save to make for the second home game running.

I do despair at times with our seeming inability to control and pass a football, but we were much better without the ball than we were with it, so it all came good in the end.

That was more of a Shaun Pearson type performance again, and I wonder what influence he has had in the change of direction.

P1ssed off that Bradford couldn't do us a favour so we could shake of FGR, but we can only control our own destiny and that is now 9 points from 5 games, and really should be 11 considering what happened at Sutton. That is promotion form and with games running out, it's good to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
Mariner_501
March 12, 2024, 10:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Really enjoyed the battling performance and could even have been 2 or 3 despite not having too much of the ball. 100% effort by everyone. Tharme is class and the back 5 change has sorted it right out. Forest Green will stay up. We have to make sure we are above Colchester, which I believe we will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2024, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Another thing to cheer you all up.. we’re the only team in League Two that hasn’t lost in the last 5.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
headingly_mariner
March 12, 2024, 10:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Great battling performance. Crazy how we didn't get at least one more pen and some of the decisions were bizarre.

The transformation from the run of heavy defeats is astounding.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Stew0_0
March 12, 2024, 10:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 35
Great result against a good MK side and whilst battling yet another dodgy ref. To book 5 town players for next to nothing and not hand out a single card to a Dons player sums his night up

Tharme and Rodgers were mammoth at the back tonight with credit also to Thompson and Obikwu who had run himself into the ground pressing from the front.

Shame Forest Green Won as that would have put icing on the cake when Sutton and Swindon both lost whilst Colchester drop into the relegation trap door.

Next 2 or 3 games are going to be tough but credit to Artell and his staff / clear the air convo as we are really fighting hard for the cause and hard to beat. Long may it continue
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
ginnywings
March 12, 2024, 10:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I'm still baffled how we got so many yellows and I can't remember them getting one.

The ref certainly wasn't a homer, that's for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2024, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm still baffled how we got so many yellows and I can't remember them getting one.

The ref certainly wasn't a homer, that's for sure.

No, he was a cnt.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
louth_in_the_south
March 12, 2024, 10:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m not sure that’ll happen, he obviously wants to play football long term.

I’ve heard a lot say he tried to do too much too soon, I think it’s a case of the opposite. He tried to get us into an attacking outfit quickly and completely neglected the defensive side (something he admitted himself) we’ve now seen the result of him putting his efforts into making us more solid and it’s worked almost immediately.

I think over the coming months we’ll see a shift into a balance between the two, because I’m not sure digging in every week like this is sustainable long term and questions will quickly start to be asked if we tried to.

With a few decent additions to the squad I feel this formation has got the defensive stability to build on and offer a more technical and attacking style. Keeping Hume would be a really good start to his recruitment

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.