6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 12, 2024, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Battling performance full of fight, grit and pride.

We limited a good side, to 1 shot on target, soaked up lots of pressure, and did our jobs to a man.

The back 5 were outstanding, Tharne looks a really good signing, alogside 2 ive been so critical of in Mullarkey and Rodgers.

Obikwu battled and fought for every ball that went up to him and scored the chance that came his way.

Ive seen some appaling refs at Grimsby Town, this man was the worst. He was, from minute 1, horrific. Shame on him and the league

But well done town, a massive massive 3 points, very proud of them tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
March 12, 2024, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
We wondered if Artell could get a tune out of this lot. Tonight he showed he could and has done so for the last 5 games.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
pontoonlew
March 12, 2024, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Huge credit must go to ‘Dopey Dave’ for turning this around, we look a completely different team defensively.

Really enjoyed tonight, no good for the heart rate but we’ve limited yet another side to barely having a sniff.

It’s a shame FGR won but that’s another game down, 10 more to go and the way we’re playing I’d imagine we’re going to be absolutely fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
TAGG
March 12, 2024, 10:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,950
Gold Stars: 126
Great battling performance to a man.
We have gone from a side that can't defend to the best defensive side on the league  
We done to all including the fantastic support tonight.
Oh and the Ref was a buffoon
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
Abdul19
March 12, 2024, 10:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
We've gone from shipping a goal a minute to conceding 2 in 5 games (one of them being that pen). Big credit to everyone!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
moosey_club
March 12, 2024, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Fantastic performance. Shape first half with a high press worked well....midfield worked their socks off against a very tidy MK side....concentration levels tremendous.
Penalty miss the only blot but probably galvanised them for the rest of the game.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
RonMariner
March 12, 2024, 10:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,727
Gold Stars: 226
Great result. Well done all.

Only one goal conceded from open play in the last four games.

No reason we need fear a trip to Gillingham on Saturday and we must be in with a chance of winning it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
louth_in_the_south
March 12, 2024, 10:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
I’ve been one of DAs most ardent critics but tbf he swallowed his pride and ditched his total football fiasco and has found a system that works. All I’ll say for now is I hope he builds a team around this formation next season and doesn’t try to rekindle his inner Pep

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
Bigwinn1975
March 12, 2024, 10:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +81
I have no words for how bad that ref was- an embarrassment

A team performance to feel proud about- franchise utd looked like a solid proposition as well as being game players

Not left the ground feeling this way for a long time

Onwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
pontoonlew
March 12, 2024, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I’ve been one of DAs most ardent critics but tbf he swallowed his pride and ditched his total football fiasco and has found a system that works. All I’ll say for now is I hope he builds a team around this formation next season and doesn’t try to rekindle his inner Pep

I’m not sure that’ll happen, he obviously wants to play football long term.

I’ve heard a lot say he tried to do too much too soon, I think it’s a case of the opposite. He tried to get us into an attacking outfit quickly and completely neglected the defensive side (something he admitted himself) we’ve now seen the result of him putting his efforts into making us more solid and it’s worked almost immediately.

I think over the coming months we’ll see a shift into a balance between the two, because I’m not sure digging in every week like this is sustainable long term and questions will quickly start to be asked if we tried to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.