It Bites
March 9, 2024, 6:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,166
Gold Stars: 264
From the kitchen With a pint in hand

Should of been out of sight . Sutton were there for the taking . Our subs seemed late to me but that’s not why we drew .
The ref and the linesman …….. The Lino had a stinker and he knew it . He let the ref get in his head and he lost it . The off side he didn’t give was embarrassing beyond belief. The free kick he wanted to give us in the first half was equally embarrassing.  The penalty spot ? I don’t know but the ref needs to spot the foul at the very least .
But we should of been 3-0 by this point .
Private Message
chaos33
March 9, 2024, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,932
Gold Stars: 360
It’s a f*cking disgrace and I’m fuming. This could be decisive. I’ve watched the highlights several times. Zoomed in. There is no offence anywhere. None. Apparently the linesman sees one and the ref lets him give a penalty! It’s either total and abject incompetence or f**king cheating, and either way, it’s a total debacle.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
Chrisblor
March 9, 2024, 7:05pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,821
Gold Stars: 234
The best evidence Sutton seem to be able to produce for the penalty is this still image showing the ball brushing Rose's arm (in a natural position), which is irrelevant anyway because IFAB guidance stipulates officials should NOT blow for a foul if you head the ball onto your own arm:

Tweet 1766523133979152862 will appear here...

So basically if you ignore the blatant rugby tackle by their no.9 on Tharme, and completely disregard the current guidance on what constitutes a handball, then yeah sure it's a penalty. That linesman, what a complete dipshit.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
Son of Cod
March 9, 2024, 7:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
It's quite clearly a case of the lino's ego being bashed having been overruled by the ref earlier in the match. Shocking stuff in a relegation match. All the focus in Artell's interview is about whether or not it was a handball but without having seen the incident back in full...is the real question not about why the ref's decision has been overruled? Whether it is or isn't a handball is irrelevant if there's a foul on a Town player. So unless I'm missing something, the lino has called the ref over and said that a) there was no foul and that the decision the ref initially blew for was incorrect and b) it was a handball.

I feel for the players here, as plenty are gonna be saying we should have been out of sight. And while that's perhaps a valid point...they're in a L2 relegation scrap and they've just gone about 270 mins without conceding a goal and have ran their absolute arses into the ground for the third match on the bounce, with back to back aways down in London. Yes, they didn't show the clinical edge you'd expect from a side higher up the table but they were about to win that match and without a shocking decision we're sat here with 7 points out of the last 9. We all feel robbed as fans but the players must be feeling that right now too as they've shown over the last three matches that they're bang up for a scrap so in my opinion deserve a lot of credit.

Great following that for the second time in a week felt bigger than the numbers due to sheer noise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
pontoonlew
March 9, 2024, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
Hard to make any comment on the game because I’m that seething about the decision.

We looked better than we have in the past 3 games and fully deserved to win, a couple of better finishes/decisions and we win that at a canter. The gap has closed but I still firmly believe we’ll be absolutely fine and in plenty of time before the end of the season.

If you’d offered 5 points from the last 3 games last week you’d have gladly taken it, but it so desperately should’ve been 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
It Bites
March 9, 2024, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,166
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from pontoonlew
Hard to make any comment on the game because I’m that seething about the decision.

We looked better than we have in the past 3 games and fully deserved to win, a couple of better finishes/decisions and we win that at a canter. The gap has closed but I still firmly believe we’ll be absolutely fine and in plenty of time before the end of the season.

If you’d offered 5 points from the last 3 games last week you’d have gladly taken it, but it so desperately should’ve been 7.

Yeah I’d of taken 5 points gladly .
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
arryarryarry
March 9, 2024, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor
The best evidence Sutton seem to be able to produce for the penalty is this still image showing the ball brushing Rose's arm (in a natural position), which is irrelevant anyway because IFAB guidance stipulates officials should NOT blow for a foul if you head the ball onto your own arm:

Tweet 1766523133979152862 will appear here...

So basically if you ignore the blatant rugby tackle by their no.9 on Tharme, and completely disregard the current guidance on what constitutes a handball, then yeah sure it's a penalty. That linesman, what a complete dipshit.

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....eague-two-highlights

As I posted on the match thread, Tharme had his arms all around their no.9 so both were fouling.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
louth_in_the_south
March 9, 2024, 7:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
We can blame the ref and Lino all we want ( it was a disgrace of a decision to award the pen ) but that game should’ve been over way before that . We had pretty much all the game apart from a couple of scrambles in our box , and all the clear cut chances. Poor finishing cost us , end of .
Good performances from our back 3 , looked confident all game and a massive improvement on the last 15 games playing this formation.
Midfield.. not sure of any of them . We know what we get from green. Always 💯 effort. Holahan ,, ok game but some pretty poor set pieces. New man Thompson … jury’s out on him . Could be an asset with better players around him but with what we’ve got not really for me . Looked pretty average if I’m honest.
The big plus point for me was Obikwo who looked a player today and was a constant threat to the Sutton defence. Looked more confident in what he was doing , whether he was looking to get in behind or play a ball through. Would be happy for him to come on loan next season. We were less of a threat once he went off .
All in all 2 important points dropped which is a shame in our current plight . Think we’ll scrape safety but it’ll need a few more positive results and not losing to Colchester.
At least I’m not slagging DA off tonight. Not his fault today.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
louth_in_the_south
March 9, 2024, 7:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
And have to add all the players ran their hearts out so massive credit to them today

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
Chrisblor
March 9, 2024, 7:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,821
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from arryarryarry

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....eague-two-highlights

As I posted on the match thread, Tharme had his arms all around their no.9 so both were fouling.

Tharme has his hand on the Sutton number 9's back. He does not at any point grab him around the waist and attempt to maneuver him:

If both players have their hands on each other and then one of them throws the other to the ground it's the one who has thrown a player to the ground who has committed a foul.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.