March 10, 2024, 1:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from arryarryarry

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....eague-two-highlights

As I posted on the match thread, Tharme had his arms all around their no.9 so both were fouling.

So you are saying, that it was a foul one way or another which clearly occurred before the (not) handball and the referee therefore had a decision to make - a penalty to them or a FK to us, and as Tondeur always says "In those situations the ref always awards the free kick."

It doesn't matter who fouled whom, your version of events erases the penalty decison of the lino.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
SouthLakesMariner
March 10, 2024, 2:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Yossarian

You may pay money to go to a restaurant and eat a meal but it doesn't meal that if the waiter dropped a plate or the food was poor that you would stand on the table and start shouting at the person.

If a waiter makes an innocent mistake and drops a customer’s food, then you’re right, he doesn’t deserve to be shouted at. If on the other hand he deliberately throws your food on the floor because of an earlier complaint that your starter was cold, then maybe he gets what he deserves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
Zmariner
March 10, 2024, 3:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Yossarian

You may pay money to go to a restaurant and eat a meal but it doesn't meal that if the waiter dropped a plate or the food was poor that you would stand on the table and start shouting at the person.

Bizarre analogy - you must have been drinking to come up with that nonsense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
Yossarian
March 10, 2024, 4:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,085
Gold Stars: 18
Zmariner - indeed I was and you are probably right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
Zmariner
March 10, 2024, 7:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Fair enough
I am still sour about that decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
MrThirsty
March 10, 2024, 7:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Rather than be negative about 2 points dropped I personally thought the performance was superb. Even more so given that they’d allowed stampeding wildebeest have a holiday on the pitch. Still baffled by the decision to award the penalty but, I don’t want that to detract from what was a good all round performance by players, management and fans.

The back 3 seemed to have more confidence. But, can’t think of one player that had a bad game and I’d imagine they feel as gutted as everyone else this morning. 5 points in a week am sure many would’ve been pleased with and the confidence starting to emerge is great to see.

Lastly, how great was it to see obikwu grab his first professional goal of his career.

Bring on the Franchise Bast@rds on Tuesday

Broadly agree with this, especially regarding Obikwu who, apart from scoring, was a real handful for their defenders. What might not be appreciated by some is that looking at their league performances in 2024, they have not lost any game by more than one goal and in 2024 have also drawn 5 games including Mansfield, Barrow and Walsall and beaten Notts County.

To concede in the bizarre circumstances we did should not take away from our overall good performance and finally, I hope I don’t ever need to go back there again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
JK47
March 11, 2024, 11:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
So .... the referee saw nothing from 5 yards away, whilst the lino saw something through a melee of players from 50 yards away, and he was so eagle-eyed that he missed a blatant offside 2 minutes later?  I hadn't realised it was in the melee until I saw one of our fans vlog where it became obvious that the bloke raised his flag immediately the ball ping-ponged around in the goalmouth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
Grantham_Mariner
March 11, 2024, 5:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from JK47
So .... the referee saw nothing from 5 yards away, whilst the lino saw something through a melee of players from 50 yards away, and he was so eagle-eyed that he missed a blatant offside 2 minutes later?  I hadn't realised it was in the melee until I saw one of our fans vlog where it became obvious that the bloke raised his flag immediately the ball ping-ponged around in the goalmouth.

The linesman flagged earlier for a foul, the ref verbally belated him for diong so, but had no option but to give it. The ref obviously didn't want the linesman to flag a foul again, but he did and the ref again had a go at him, and did not give the free kick. So this was the linesman getting his own back onthe ref by flagging a penalty. I was obvious that the ref did not want to give it, but the linesman stood firm giving the ref no option. The linesman refused to shake the refs hand at the end of the game.

Would love to read the assesors report.

P.S. we where sat right in the corner and saw everything.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
chaos33
March 11, 2024, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
The club need to submit a statement to the EFL and ask them to make some sort of judgement on the pair. It won’t change the outcome or the result so no real point getting our knickers in a twist any longer, but this kind of ludicrous, egotistical power struggle officiating is unprofessional, incompetent and could potentially be pivotal to outcomes for lots of people. It might mean jack in the end, but you can’t have this. Some ego trip back and forth tussle between officials. Pathetic and disgraceful and shouldn’t be allowed to recur.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
supertown
March 11, 2024, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Yossarian

You would get your meal replaced so what’s the point of kicking off . We won’t get our 2 points back that they stole
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.