March 9, 2024, 7:43pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
And have to add all the players ran their hearts out so massive credit to them today

Indeed game for me on par with Wimbledon game
They had 3/ 4 big players with their No9 should have been at Twickenham

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
arryarryarry
March 9, 2024, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor

Tharme has his hand on the Sutton number 9's back. He does not at any point grab him around the waist and attempt to maneuver him:

If both players have their hands on each other and then one of them throws the other to the ground it's the one who has thrown a player to the ground who has committed a foul.

We are the ones in red by the way. Tharme is in front of the no.9 but has his arm round his back so how did it get there if he didn't put his arm around him, it also looks like he is trying to get his other arm around his neck. This sort of fouling goes on in every game and refs rarely give a foul if both players are holding onto each other.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
Eastendmariner
March 9, 2024, 7:46pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Ref and Lino. Should be banned for life bringing  the game in to disrepute absolutely shocking penalty award  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
louth_in_the_south
March 9, 2024, 8:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
TBF to the ref I didn’t think he did too bad a job . It’s a difficult task reffing a game in L2 when two teams are scrapping for their lives and kicking / smashing each other . However when you think that he over ruled the Lino for a free kick decision and then allowed himself to be coerced into a penalty decision and then in the final minutes let a blatant smash into Clifton ( I think ) and then blew final whistle when both on the deck you can’t really defend him .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
Maringer
March 9, 2024, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Tharme was thrown to the ground going over the No. 9's leg. Like something from a Jackie Chan movie, let alone a football pitch. A pathetic piece of refereeing to somehow miss that when he was less than 10 yards from the incident and absolutely nobody in his eyerline to block his view. Got to take your chances but a dodgy penalty when your player is blatantly fouled is even more galling. I hope there was a referee's assessor there taking notes on the performances of the officials.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2024, 8:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
TBF to the ref I didn’t think he did too bad a job . It’s a difficult task reffing a game in L2 when two teams are scrapping for their lives and kicking / smashing each other . However when you think that he over ruled the Lino for a free kick decision and then allowed himself to be coerced into a penalty decision and then in the final minutes let a blatant smash into Clifton ( I think ) and then blew final whistle when both on the deck you can’t really defend him .

I qualified as a ref in egg chasing and the principal is the same, you give what you see. I’m not convinced the ref today knew enough about the pro game & rules & thus he failed to do that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
Yossarian
March 9, 2024, 9:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,077
Gold Stars: 18
I am not normally a member of the tin-foil-hat brigade, but goodness me that linesman was genuinely awful.  I've never seen a ref and a lino be so "in each other's face".  Weird.

Have to say, was some top quality "sushhing" from their player after he scored -

But why why why do fans (grown men) lose their mind so much that they want to try and climb over the fence and act like 11 year olds in a playground fight?  That was embarrasing at the end -

Red tick all you like, but there are middle-aged men acting like total retards in the stands.  At what point do people think that is even remotely in the boundaries of adult behaviour?  Pathetic.  Got to call this out when it happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
louth_in_the_south
March 9, 2024, 9:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I qualified as a ref in egg chasing and the principal is the same, you give what you see. I’m not convinced the ref today knew enough about the pro game & rules & thus he failed to do that.

Not totally disagreeing with you but if he’s got onto the league list he must have been assessed through the levels to gained the standard required to have become an EFL ref. He had a lot to deal with today in terms of physicality from both sides . I think he started to lose control after the penalty decision which he probably knew he’d messed up and just decided not to give another difficult decision and blew the final whistle.
He’s probably sitting at home mulling over his afternoon’s work with a glass of red thinking I’m going to be doing non league next season

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
Wedidntdidwe
March 9, 2024, 9:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 22
If he hadn't blown for offside it could have been even worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2024, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228

Not totally disagreeing with you but if he’s got onto the league list he must have been assessed through the levels to gained the standard required to have become an EFL ref. He had a lot to deal with today in terms of physicality from both sides . I think he started to lose control after the penalty decision which he probably knew he’d messed up and just decided not to give another difficult decision and blew the final whistle.
He’s probably sitting at home mulling over his afternoon’s work with a glass of red thinking I’m going to be doing non league next season

I think that’s a dead balanced view, good post 👍

Maybe he was a bit to focused on the “needs of his team” rather than officiating the game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.