Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

This thread currently has 22,321 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2024, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
Just for the record, all those saying Artell has lost the fans, there was a rousing chant of "David Artells Black n white army" on Saturday.
Personally, I'm disappointed in him.
I expected to see the same sort of football Crewe played under his stewardship, but wether its because he's been out of the game for 2 years or our players really are that excrement, he's done nothing to change our fortunes, we still have no shape, no style and defined system of play.
Honestly, he's a busted flush imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 294
louth_in_the_south
February 28, 2024, 7:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
The problem facing the club is if they keep him , revenue from STs will be massively down . Then if he starts as badly next season as he’s done this year he’ll have to be sacked and paid off . Lose lose situation.
There’s no way he’s going to inspire a late season winning run , there’s 0% evidence so far that he can do this . We all know it’s going to be a close run thing to avoid disaster.
He has to go .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 294
HertsGTFC
February 28, 2024, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
I don't know what to think, we just look way off being able to win a game of football. Arftell won't keep us up, the players won't either as they're not good enough.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 294
FishySmithy
February 28, 2024, 10:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
We go with what we have got, as supposed to making things worse.  We are not in control of what happens to the manager and the only thing we may have an affect on is a positive result given the majority show support and park aside any differences etc etc and back everyone at the club.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 294
louth_in_the_south
February 29, 2024, 4:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Contrary to how I come across I agree with the above post as we have to use every positive strand of our powers as a unified fan base to help the club stay up .  It’s so important it’s almost like a life support system.  The end of the season is a different matter if we stay up .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 294
Northbank Mariner
February 29, 2024, 7:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
All these rally cries, and all I can hear in my head are those words once spouted by Fenty...
"BE THERE, OR BE BLUE SQUARE"...
And without tempting fate, look how that turned out!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 294
Mappers
February 29, 2024, 7:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
All these rally cries, and all I can hear in my head are those words once spouted by Fenty...
"BE THERE, OR BE BLUE SQUARE"...
And without tempting fate, look how that turned out!!..

......Don't forget the orange !
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 294
1mickylyons
February 29, 2024, 7:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Like others for some reason this time around the rallying calls are just annoying me probably because they shouldn't be needed. 1878 have learned nothing or very little from Fenty and his failings and its that what will cost ST sales. Unlike JF many of the 6k sth believed in these guys now hopefully it's just a case of they've made a mistake and they put it right and keep us onside. In my opinion another abject ho.me defeat Saturday will see the gloves come off I will go to support the team more in Hooe than expectation and if I get another Donny display what do you expect reaction wise? It's upto Artell and the players they have to step up and be better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 294
lew chaterleys lover
February 29, 2024, 8:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Like others for some reason this time around the rallying calls are just annoying me probably because they shouldn't be needed. 1878 have learned nothing or very little from Fenty and his failings and its that what will cost ST sales. Unlike JF many of the 6k sth believed in these guys now hopefully it's just a case of they've made a mistake and they put it right and keep us onside. In my opinion another abject ho.me defeat Saturday will see the gloves come off I will go to support the team more in Hooe than expectation and if I get another Donny display what do you expect reaction wise? It's upto Artell and the players they have to step up and be better.

A defeat full stop will precipitate very ugly scenes on Saturday,  even if we are "unlucky."

Just what do long suffering fans have to do to get a proper Football league club that isn't always one step away from non league?

Just how many season tickets do we have to sell, how many 6k plus attendances do we need and how many thousands of fans need to trek all over the country just to get a team that can not be in a relegation battle?

It is unfathomable as like everybody else I thought 99% of the problems started and ended with Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 294
1mickylyons
February 29, 2024, 8:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56

A defeat full stop will precipitate very ugly scenes on Saturday,  even if we are "unlucky."

Just what do long suffering fans have to do to get a proper Football league club that isn't always one step away from non league?

Just how many season tickets do we have to sell, how many 6k plus attendances do we need and how many thousands of fans need to trek all over the country just to get a team that can not be in a relegation battle?

It is unfathomable as like everybody else I thought 99% of the problems started and ended with Fenty.

Exactly mate I've put more money in the last 3 years than ever before I have tried to support everything the Club has done on and off the field. However my goal of seeing us at least challenge in league 2 looks miles away and I'm gutted it shouldn't be this hard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 294
30 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.