Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

This thread currently has 22,567 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
bawarmy
February 27, 2024, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from tashee69

Everybody celebrating the equaliser got one, me too, and I just put a smiley face.
Got a feeling somebody was upset Forest Green didn’t win tonight.
One of those moaners who love failure that I spoke about.

You got one for that as well. Waiting for mine for this. One of the green ticks you got is from me. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 294
forza ivano
February 27, 2024, 10:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
The problem is that we have only won once in 12 weeks, and that was against a truly shocking Salford.
Add to that  every other manager ( bar the cowleys) have got their teams winning and gaining points
And then add into the mix that I dont think there's that many of us who believe that Attell has the ability to do something similar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 294
RonMariner
February 27, 2024, 10:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
A win on Saturday puts us 6 points ahead of FGR, with two games in hand and a better goal difference. So a strong position to start the run in.  But they, and the others at the bottom are picking up points now.

The days of hoping the bottom two would gift us our survival are long gone.

We will only stay up if we win at least four more games. If we don't then we don't deserve to survive.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 294
tashee69
February 27, 2024, 10:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from bawarmy

You got one for that as well. Waiting for mine for this. One of the green ticks you got is from me. UTM

I’ll take red crosses all day as long as town win and /or our closest rivals drop points 😁👍
UTM

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 294
Captaincod
February 27, 2024, 10:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Looking at the table tonight on the positive side, we have the best chance of staying up.
2/3 games in hand on the other 3 teams in the mix, better goal difference and still to play them all.
On the negative side, myself and my mates said we looked like a relegation side before PH was sacked, and Christ knows, we sure know how to recognise one ! Artell seems to have made it worse, we have the worst form in the league and are shipping goals at home for fun.
I think we’ll scrape through by the skin of our teeth , I think there will be a lot of twists and turns.
I think it’s clear Artell is here for the season whether we like it or not.
I’m not sure how to start one but it would be interesting to see a poll on what everyone thinks our final position will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 294
Mappers
February 27, 2024, 10:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from RonMariner
A win on Saturday puts us 6 points ahead of FGR, with two games in hand and a better goal difference. So a strong position to start the run in.  But they, and the others at the bottom are picking up points now.

The days of hoping the bottom two would gift us our survival are long gone.

We will only stay up if we win at least four more games. If we don't then we don't deserve to survive.  

I don't want to be saying we are gone Ron at the end of the season that's for sure .

4 doesn't sound many but we have only won 6 all season , if we maintained our current rate we would only win 2-3 more  games from 14 and draw quite a few more, we have drawn so many , not lost too many  (now less games than Notts after their defeat tonight )  . We really need those wins though , ideally asap .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 294
Marinerdeano
February 27, 2024, 10:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
That Wrexham penalty was initially met with relief but it has now sunk in how important that could be for so many reasons. Village Green only have 12 games left and their run in is horrible. Win Saturday would be massive and probably sufficient to define our season. Had Village Green have won, win would have been absolutely essential, which adds all sorts of pressure in a home game. They have 27 points from 33 played. That is still some clawback to restore parity. 29 points would have felt way more squeaky bum going into that game. I'm not playing down Saturday, it's massive but the point is now a win would probably keep us up and hell aren't we due one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 294
TERRY CURRANS UNDERPANTS
February 27, 2024, 11:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +11
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Heisenberg
Well, you learn something new every day - Craig Clay plays for Sutton! I certainly didn’t know that.

Can’t believe they won. This relegation scrap’s one hell of a fight this year.

It really isn't mate, I don't see much fight from US.......unfortunately 😪
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 294
Limerick Mariner
February 27, 2024, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Captaincod
Looking at the table tonight on the positive side, we have the best chance of staying up.
2/3 games in hand on the other 3 teams in the mix, better goal difference and still to play them all.
On the negative side, myself and my mates said we looked like a relegation side before PH was sacked, and Christ knows, we sure know how to recognise one ! Artell seems to have made it worse, we have the worst form in the league and are shipping goals at home for fun.
I think we’ll scrape through by the skin of our teeth , I think there will be a lot of twists and turns.
I think it’s clear Artell is here for the season whether we like it or not.
I’m not sure how to start one but it would be interesting to see a poll on what everyone thinks our final position will be.

But did we really look like a relegation side before PH was sacked? 5 defeats in the bad run were by the odd goal. At that point were we not a lower mid table side that needed a decent keeper. The run was similar to the one we had in the promotion season after a cracking start.

Shaun and Ben got a tune albeit Sutton at home under them was poor. All was still pointing to lower mid tabl at that point.  We’ve been far worse since Harrogate. Caught Salford in disarray and Notts starting to plummet after the the 5-5. Accy was decent and Saturday we played Hurst like tactics.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 294
toontown
February 27, 2024, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
That equaliser from Wrexham was absolutely enormous.

If they had won it would only have taken them to beat us in the BP game and it would have been them favourites to stay up. The point against Morecambe would have looked like the worst of both worlds - not enough points wise but allowed Artell to limp on to defeat against FG. As it is that Morecambe result could still be just that but it's in the balance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 294
30 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tuesday Night Games at the Bottom (MERGED)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.