Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

1 or 2 Going.

This thread currently has 9,173 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 20, 2024, 11:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
In today's GET , DA stated that " conversations have been had with those he does not consider to have a long-term future with the Mariners". He also said the he  expected to be saying goodbye to one or two of the current group this month. Interesting to know who he has told who can go.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Meza
January 20, 2024, 12:12pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,641
Gold Stars: 50
I would think maybe Waterfall (rumours of York) and not sure who the other one could be maybe Efete or Gnahoua (not sure if they've featured much).

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 12:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Meza
I would think maybe Waterfall (rumours of York) and not sure who the other one could be maybe Efete or Gnahoua (not sure if they've featured much).

Arthur started every game under Artell until he got injured so definitely not him. I'd expect Luke to stay around till the summer unless we bring in another centre half. Khan, Amos and Efete are the rumoured ones that have been told they can leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 52
IlkleyMariner
January 20, 2024, 12:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,013
Gold Stars: 69
Waterfall and Amos?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
diehardmariner
January 20, 2024, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
You only have to look at how quickly Vernam has jumped ahead of Khan in the pecking order, after a lengthy injury as well, to get an indication of where he ranks in Artell's mind.

Waterfall going out would mean another old head coming in, surely? That would leave us very inexperienced and lacking leaders in the dressing room.

Amos for me will be the one joining Khan. Efete has at least slightly featured, Amos hasn't made a single squad under Artell.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2024, 3:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,955
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from diehardmariner
You only have to look at how quickly Vernam has jumped ahead of Khan in the pecking order, after a lengthy injury as well, to get an indication of where he ranks in Artell's mind.

Waterfall going out would mean another old head coming in, surely? That would leave us very inexperienced and lacking leaders in the dressing room.

Amos for me will be the one joining Khan. Efete has at least slightly featured, Amos hasn't made a single squad under Artell.

Amos, Effette, Green, Holohan, Waterfall, Ainley, Maher, Glennon, Eisa, Khan, Ghanoua, & Clifton all out of contract this summer & Artell has said he’d let players go if they could get decent length deals elsewhere, I don’t expect any surprises though and wouldn’t be suprised to see Khan & Amos go with Khouri loaned out.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 20, 2024, 3:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Amos, Effette, Green, Holohan, Waterfall, Ainley, Maher, Glennon, Eisa, Khan, Ghanoua, & Clifton all out of contract this summer & Artell has said he’d let players go if they could get decent length deals elsewhere, I don’t expect any surprises though and wouldn’t be suprised to see Khan & Amos go with Khouri loaned out.

I’d expect (hope) that glennon, gnahoua, eisa and Clifton are offered deals. Maher and ainley may get shorter (1 year?) contracts and the rest being told they are surplus to requirements. With the exception of khouri who I think will end up with a season long loan in conference prem.

Speaking to a FGR supporter, there are a number of clubs interested in signing mcallister from them including some in league 2. Was he the lad that had a good game against us in Nailsworth?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 3:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Just had a message off a mate who thinks Hartlepool are in for Holohan
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 52
chaos33
January 20, 2024, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I’d expect (hope) that glennon, gnahoua, eisa and Clifton are offered deals. Maher and ainley may get shorter (1 year?) contracts and the rest being told they are surplus to requirements. With the exception of khouri who I think will end up with a season long loan in conference prem.

Speaking to a FGR supporter, there are a number of clubs interested in signing mcallister from them including some in league 2. Was he the lad that had a good game against us in Nailsworth?

Yep. He’s a really good player. Seen him 3 or 4 times this season

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
chaos33
January 20, 2024, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Been there before hasn’t he.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 20, 2024, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,261
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Have heard the same.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
Mappers
January 20, 2024, 5:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,339
Gold Stars: 119
I watched the Barrow V Crewe game today and based on that we are a long way off top 7 contenders and require more wholesale changes than me or many think , i think ; to challenge at the top end .

Wouldn't be heartbroken to lose any apart from Conteh  & Rose in truth, maybe Eisa at a push most have not covered themselves in glory have they and might struggle to find another league club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
It Bites
January 20, 2024, 5:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mappers
I watched the Barrow V Crewe game today and based on that we are a long way off top 7 contenders and require more wholesale changes than me or many think , i think ; to challenge at the top end .

Wouldn't be heartbroken to lose any apart from Conteh  & Rose in truth, maybe Eisa at a push most have not covered themselves in glory have they and might struggle to find another league club.

I tend to agree but all the Conteh hype is baffling me tbh . Yes he’s stood out and yes he’s very good but he isn’t in the same conversation as Danny Rose . I’ll be staggered is someone doesn’t put an offer in for him . He is Mr consistent
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 5:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have heard the same.

Think it’d make sense, as good as he is on his day. He matches the makeup of the squad in that he’s very inconsistent. Doesn’t do enough off the ball for me and he’s only getting older, think if they’re willing to take him then i’d wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

You mean the two teams we've beaten this season and quite comfortably? There's not many great sides in this division at all and anyone can beat anyone, it's more about consistency then it is quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 52
ancientmariner54
January 20, 2024, 6:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Mappers

Don't know about that , just watched Gillingham v F.G.R. .Gillingham who are 8th would have gone 7th with a win but they were absolute sh!te ,clogging long balls forward for most of the game . F.g.r. at least kept it on the grass and with better finishing could have won comfortably.  U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
CSLM
January 20, 2024, 6:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You mean the two teams we've beaten this season and quite comfortably? There's not many great sides in this division at all and anyone can beat anyone, it's more about consistency then it is quality.

Barrow were miles better than us even though we beat them?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
HerveJosse
January 20, 2024, 6:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You either didn’t see our victory over Barrow or had your eyes closed for most of the game. If it was the latter I could understand as it was that sort of game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
TAGG
January 20, 2024, 6:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,952
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Hope not

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
jonnyboy82
January 20, 2024, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Rather keep holohan here , I like him and tbh I would rather see hunt go over holohan for me.

Hunt just doesn't do enough to ever get a place in the team and I wouldn't be too bothered if he was to go.

As for others waterfall and Amos can leave with there heads held high If they did go.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2024, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Rather keep holohan here , I like him and tbh I would rather see hunt go over holohan for me.

Hunt just doesn't do enough to ever get a place in the team and I wouldn't be too bothered if he was to go.

As for others waterfall and Amos can leave with there heads held high If they did go.

All 4 are good lads, I suspect only Hunt will be here next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Hagrid
January 20, 2024, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,435
Gold Stars: 535
Letting Gav go would be very foolish imo. Only one of out midfielders who scores regularly, he creates, and I think he is under appreciated.

Behind Rose, I think he’s been our best player this season
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
January 20, 2024, 9:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All 4 are good lads, I suspect only Hunt will be here next season.

I don't think he will.  It was clear that PH didn't rate him and it also appears that neither does DA.

Reply: 22 - 52
ginnywings
January 20, 2024, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Holohan has some good attributes, but he doesn't look after the ball well enough in my opinion, which is why he will ultimately be replaced by someone who does, who also chips in with a few goals and assists. Hopefully, that will be the role filled by Harry Wood, whose already scored one, and did a decent job in Ireland with goals and assists.

Holohan was brilliant in non league, but he's not so good in the EFL, which is why Hartlepool released him, and now want him back (allegedly) because their fortunes have dipped again. He helped them to promotion from non league before, and repeated it with us, and I think it's a good move for all concerned if he goes back there again.

If we want to get away from the ar$e end of league 2, we simply have to bring in better players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 20, 2024, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Letting Gav go would be very foolish imo. Only one of out midfielders who scores regularly, he creates, and I think he is under appreciated.

Behind Rose, I think he’s been our best player this season

He doesn’t track runners and his ball retention is average. There’s no surprise he’s had little game time since DA arrived.

I’ve never doubted his effort or his commitment but he’s not the future.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
MaccasBoots
January 20, 2024, 9:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
If Gav does go, he is forever immortalised in Grimsby Town folklore by that goal against Notts County and those two penalties against Southampton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
dapperz fun pub
January 20, 2024, 9:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,961
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MaccasBoots
If Gav does go, he is forever immortalised in Grimsby Town folklore by that goal against Notts County and those two penalties against Southampton.

Had some good moments for us for sure but immortalised not for me , the likes of cumming waters ford Drinkell Moore fall into that category not gav
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
jamesgtfc
January 20, 2024, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,973
Gold Stars: 190
Other than on the wings, I think we need some signings before we let anyone go. Artell has apparently told Amos and Efete they aren't in his plans so you would expect a couple of full backs to arrive this month. It wouldn't surprise me if Waterfall left, but I think Tharme takes us to what we should be at in terms of numbers for that position.

Wilson seems to play as more of a wide forward, and both managers this season have been a bit cryptic about him. It wouldn't surprise me if Wilson and Khan moved on. I think we might see some activity this week and incomings will potentially point towards possible outgoings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Hagrid
January 20, 2024, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,435
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He doesn’t track runners and his ball retention is average. There’s no surprise he’s had little game time since DA arrived.

I’ve never doubted his effort or his commitment but he’s not the future.

But you’ll say Hunt is? A player who cant get in the side, doesnt assist, doesnt score, and whos ball retention is awful
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

But you’ll say Hunt is? A player who cant get in the side, doesnt assist, doesnt score, and whos ball retention is awful

Hunt is 23 and Gav is 32, probably plays a huge part in the decision. Both are too inconsistent for me and we should be seeking better for both.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 20, 2024, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I totally understand the frustration with Alex. He has a great game (Crewe) then disappears against Harrogate. But then, watching the Harrogate game back, they stick a man marker on him and we don’t work it out.

If Hunt leaves then I get it, he’s a luxury player. What none of us know is what DA is thinking. As for Gav, he’s over 30, still pretty inconsistent at league level and we need better to compete next year.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2024, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I don't think he will.  It was clear that PH didn't rate him and it also appears that neither does DA.

Artell has said Alex is going to be an important player for us, he’s not been in the side as he’s been injured.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Mighty_Mariner
January 20, 2024, 11:28pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Meza

No chance Arthur is leaving - one of the best players when four and praised by DA before his injury!

Anyone know roughly when he’s due back training?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 11:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

No chance Arthur is leaving - one of the best players when four and praised by DA before his injury!

Anyone know roughly when he’s due back training?

Artell said him and Pyke was back on the grass doing work with Dave, Greg and Ben last week so i’d assume they’ll be back in training at some point next week
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 52
forza ivano
January 21, 2024, 9:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
I said on Twitter - look at it realistically. gav will be 33 next season and he's played less than 75 games in the FL, so he's hardly likely to get any better is he?
However NL is more his level so he could probably play another 2.5 seasons there. If he got a decent offer from the Poolies, where he was happy n successful, it makes complete sense to let him go. It's not as if we don't have options, is there? Clifton, Andrews, Hunt, Wood, Conteh, Ainley (hopefully) ,Khouri and Braithwaite gives us options for 2/3 positions (and that's 10 days before deadline day)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Stew0_0
January 21, 2024, 1:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 35
Departures from Waterfall, Amos, Efete, Eastwood, Khan out permanently?
We were getting torn apart down our left Vs Notts and yet Efete wasn't brought on from the bench.
Making a RB, LB and GK a priority incoming

Khouri, Hunt out on loan too. Both not seemingly considered for the match day squad at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2024, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stew0_0
Departures from Waterfall, Amos, Efete, Eastwood, Khan out permanently?
We were getting torn apart down our left Vs Notts and yet Efete wasn't brought on from the bench.
Making a RB, LB and GK a priority incoming

Khouri, Hunt out on loan too. Both not seemingly considered for the match day squad at present.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a new keeper, young Harvey is developing but he won’t be hear next season I assume & we need a credible long term plan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2024, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a new keeper, young Harvey is developing but he won’t be hear next season I assume & we need a credible long term plan.

Persistent rumours about Ben Garrett, former Crewe keeper.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
dapperz fun pub
January 21, 2024, 4:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,961
Gold Stars: 82
Another keeper right back left back and another midfielder plz  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Nelly GTFC
January 21, 2024, 4:27pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Persistent rumours about Ben Garrett, former Crewe keeper.
Just had a look, Garrett played the previous 3 seasons in League One for Burton, but not played since Max Crocombe signed from us.

Doesn't look like he's been doing anything since being released by Burton at the end of the 2022/23 season.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
forza ivano
January 21, 2024, 9:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Just had a look, Garrett played the previous 3 seasons in League One for Burton, but not played since Max Crocombe signed from us.

Doesn't look like he's been doing anything since being released by Burton at the end of the 2022/23 season.

he was Artells' regular g.k. at crewe. Don't think this a signing for this season, it would be about next season';s squad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
Simon
January 22, 2024, 11:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Four keepers training at Cheapside at the moment, just been dropping some gear off in the yard at the back and had five mins watching

Eastwood, Cartwright and two I don't recognise

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
jonnyboy82
January 22, 2024, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
For me these players can go and move on..

Khan
Waterfall
Hunt
Amos

Not saying they will but those players are certainly not in the mix right now. Rather keep holohan if possible.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
Northbank Mariner
January 22, 2024, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,490
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Simon
Four keepers training at Cheapside at the moment, just been dropping some gear off in the yard at the back and had five mins watching

Could the academy keepers be training with Croudson?..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
Mikey_345
January 22, 2024, 11:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Simon

Did they have red kit on? I.e Acadamy players..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 22, 2024, 11:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Could the academy keepers be training with Croudson?..

More than likely, it's goalkeepers corner and all keepers train together
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 52
Mappers
January 22, 2024, 7:50pm
Champagne Drinker
https://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202

Big rebuild come the summer again looking at that .

8 or 9 senior players  under contract but not sure if he will want to even keep some of those + Conteh might be gone .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
Swansea_Mariner
January 22, 2024, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
To be fair a clear out looks necessary in any case so most of those out of contract are not much of a loss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
Mappers
January 22, 2024, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
To be fair a clear out looks necessary in any case so most of those out of contract are not much of a loss.

Yeah it's just a shame as after the promotion , keeping most of the team together and a decent first season back I thought it would be gradual progress with less turnover of players but it's not panning out like that once more is it .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2024, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Yeah it's just a shame as after the promotion , keeping most of the team together and a decent first season back I thought it would be gradual progress with less turnover of players but it's not panning out like that once more is it .

Or possibly that the new manager has identified that most of the squad has spent most of their careers in non league?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
Captaincod
January 22, 2024, 11:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
After looking at that contract list , I just wonder if PH gets the Shrewsbury job, if he’ll be after any of our players whose contracts are running out. He has a history of re-signing ex players.
He signed Nolan , Toto , The Shop and Kayden Jackson in higher leagues after he left us last time with mixed success.
Probably not many in this squad capable of the step up in my opinion but I think he might be tempted to try and sign Harry as he a proper Hurst type of player .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
Mappers
January 22, 2024, 11:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Captaincod
After looking at that contract list , I just wonder if PH gets the Shrewsbury job, if he’ll be after any of our players whose contracts are running out. He has a history of re-signing ex players.
He signed Nolan , Toto , The Shop and Kayden Jackson in higher leagues after he left us last time with mixed success.
Probably not many in this squad capable of the step up in my opinion but I think he might be tempted to try and sign Harry as he a proper Hurst type of player .

Eisa/Clifton possibly - LJL maybe a long shop now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Norseman
January 22, 2024, 11:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Simon

One is Ollie  Battersby who trains with us at times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.