Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

1 or 2 Going.

This thread currently has 9,182 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2024, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Rather keep holohan here , I like him and tbh I would rather see hunt go over holohan for me.

Hunt just doesn't do enough to ever get a place in the team and I wouldn't be too bothered if he was to go.

As for others waterfall and Amos can leave with there heads held high If they did go.

All 4 are good lads, I suspect only Hunt will be here next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Hagrid
January 20, 2024, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 536
Letting Gav go would be very foolish imo. Only one of out midfielders who scores regularly, he creates, and I think he is under appreciated.

Behind Rose, I think he’s been our best player this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
January 20, 2024, 9:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All 4 are good lads, I suspect only Hunt will be here next season.

I don't think he will.  It was clear that PH didn't rate him and it also appears that neither does DA.

Reply: 22 - 52
ginnywings
January 20, 2024, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Holohan has some good attributes, but he doesn't look after the ball well enough in my opinion, which is why he will ultimately be replaced by someone who does, who also chips in with a few goals and assists. Hopefully, that will be the role filled by Harry Wood, whose already scored one, and did a decent job in Ireland with goals and assists.

Holohan was brilliant in non league, but he's not so good in the EFL, which is why Hartlepool released him, and now want him back (allegedly) because their fortunes have dipped again. He helped them to promotion from non league before, and repeated it with us, and I think it's a good move for all concerned if he goes back there again.

If we want to get away from the ar$e end of league 2, we simply have to bring in better players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 20, 2024, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
Letting Gav go would be very foolish imo. Only one of out midfielders who scores regularly, he creates, and I think he is under appreciated.

Behind Rose, I think he’s been our best player this season

He doesn’t track runners and his ball retention is average. There’s no surprise he’s had little game time since DA arrived.

I’ve never doubted his effort or his commitment but he’s not the future.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
MaccasBoots
January 20, 2024, 9:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 23
If Gav does go, he is forever immortalised in Grimsby Town folklore by that goal against Notts County and those two penalties against Southampton.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
dapperz fun pub
January 20, 2024, 9:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,964
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MaccasBoots
If Gav does go, he is forever immortalised in Grimsby Town folklore by that goal against Notts County and those two penalties against Southampton.

Had some good moments for us for sure but immortalised not for me , the likes of cumming waters ford Drinkell Moore fall into that category not gav
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
jamesgtfc
January 20, 2024, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,994
Gold Stars: 190
Other than on the wings, I think we need some signings before we let anyone go. Artell has apparently told Amos and Efete they aren't in his plans so you would expect a couple of full backs to arrive this month. It wouldn't surprise me if Waterfall left, but I think Tharme takes us to what we should be at in terms of numbers for that position.

Wilson seems to play as more of a wide forward, and both managers this season have been a bit cryptic about him. It wouldn't surprise me if Wilson and Khan moved on. I think we might see some activity this week and incomings will potentially point towards possible outgoings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Hagrid
January 20, 2024, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He doesn’t track runners and his ball retention is average. There’s no surprise he’s had little game time since DA arrived.

I’ve never doubted his effort or his commitment but he’s not the future.

But you’ll say Hunt is? A player who cant get in the side, doesnt assist, doesnt score, and whos ball retention is awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,231
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Hagrid

But you’ll say Hunt is? A player who cant get in the side, doesnt assist, doesnt score, and whos ball retention is awful

Hunt is 23 and Gav is 32, probably plays a huge part in the decision. Both are too inconsistent for me and we should be seeking better for both.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.