Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

1 or 2 Going.

This thread currently has 9,170 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 20, 2024, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

But you’ll say Hunt is? A player who cant get in the side, doesnt assist, doesnt score, and whos ball retention is awful

I totally understand the frustration with Alex. He has a great game (Crewe) then disappears against Harrogate. But then, watching the Harrogate game back, they stick a man marker on him and we don’t work it out.

If Hunt leaves then I get it, he’s a luxury player. What none of us know is what DA is thinking. As for Gav, he’s over 30, still pretty inconsistent at league level and we need better to compete next year.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2024, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

I don't think he will.  It was clear that PH didn't rate him and it also appears that neither does DA.

Artell has said Alex is going to be an important player for us, he’s not been in the side as he’s been injured.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Mighty_Mariner
January 20, 2024, 11:28pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Meza
I would think maybe Waterfall (rumours of York) and not sure who the other one could be maybe Efete or Gnahoua (not sure if they've featured much).

No chance Arthur is leaving - one of the best players when four and praised by DA before his injury!

Anyone know roughly when he’s due back training?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 11:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,222
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

No chance Arthur is leaving - one of the best players when four and praised by DA before his injury!

Anyone know roughly when he’s due back training?

Artell said him and Pyke was back on the grass doing work with Dave, Greg and Ben last week so i’d assume they’ll be back in training at some point next week
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 52
forza ivano
January 21, 2024, 9:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
I said on Twitter - look at it realistically. gav will be 33 next season and he's played less than 75 games in the FL, so he's hardly likely to get any better is he?
However NL is more his level so he could probably play another 2.5 seasons there. If he got a decent offer from the Poolies, where he was happy n successful, it makes complete sense to let him go. It's not as if we don't have options, is there? Clifton, Andrews, Hunt, Wood, Conteh, Ainley (hopefully) ,Khouri and Braithwaite gives us options for 2/3 positions (and that's 10 days before deadline day)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Stew0_0
January 21, 2024, 1:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 35
Departures from Waterfall, Amos, Efete, Eastwood, Khan out permanently?
We were getting torn apart down our left Vs Notts and yet Efete wasn't brought on from the bench.
Making a RB, LB and GK a priority incoming

Khouri, Hunt out on loan too. Both not seemingly considered for the match day squad at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2024, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Stew0_0
Departures from Waterfall, Amos, Efete, Eastwood, Khan out permanently?
We were getting torn apart down our left Vs Notts and yet Efete wasn't brought on from the bench.
Making a RB, LB and GK a priority incoming

Khouri, Hunt out on loan too. Both not seemingly considered for the match day squad at present.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a new keeper, young Harvey is developing but he won’t be hear next season I assume & we need a credible long term plan.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2024, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a new keeper, young Harvey is developing but he won’t be hear next season I assume & we need a credible long term plan.

Persistent rumours about Ben Garrett, former Crewe keeper.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
dapperz fun pub
January 21, 2024, 4:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Another keeper right back left back and another midfielder plz  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Nelly GTFC
January 21, 2024, 4:27pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Persistent rumours about Ben Garrett, former Crewe keeper.
Just had a look, Garrett played the previous 3 seasons in League One for Burton, but not played since Max Crocombe signed from us.

Doesn't look like he's been doing anything since being released by Burton at the end of the 2022/23 season.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 1 or 2 Going.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.