5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Davec
January 20, 2024, 6:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I bumped into Dale Vince not too long ago, and got talking to him for about 15 mins, he seemed to be a decent chap to me, you can tell he has a lot of ideas and I think he genuinely means well with all his green stuff and he does genuinely care about the earth, but also I got the impression he has a massive ego and he rather thinks of himself very highly, he does genuinely care about FGR (Probably to drive his own wgo) but its all going wrong currently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
RonMariner
January 20, 2024, 1:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner

I don't think there's any guarantee's as to who will stay in the bottom two or get dragged into it.  But I'm pretty sure we don't need to worry about us getting caught

I can only ask again, what have you seen in the last two months that makes you think we're in danger?

Our defensive frailties coupled with the spending power of clubs below us. Also, I am a terrible pessimist sometimes, must be all the drugs I am on.

A couple of wins will no doubt have me moving away from the darkside.😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
diehardmariner
January 22, 2024, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Fair enough Ron, I think supporting Town is a natural deflater and definitely brings an err to the side of caution.

But we're just as likely to improve as those below us.  Personally I don't think it's as much about improving quality for us as it is producing consistency.    Sutton, FGR, Salford...they all to improve their quality and introduce consistency too.  Then hope they can catch sides up.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
RonMariner
January 22, 2024, 1:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Fair enough Ron, I think supporting Town is a natural deflater and definitely brings an err to the side of caution.

But we're just as likely to improve as those below us.  Personally I don't think it's as much about improving quality for us as it is producing consistency.    Sutton, FGR, Salford...they all to improve their quality and introduce consistency too.  Then hope they can catch sides up.

True. I think Saturday's game is huge. A win and we are moving closer to the mid table pack and most likely extending our cushion over the bottom two. A defeat could mean we are at least six and possibly as many as eight points away from 18th place. That is quite a gap and places us firmly in the bottom six, two of who will go down.  

I do think we need new faces in the back four. We have one already, a couple more would be very welcome.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
RonMariner
January 22, 2024, 3:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
as for FGR, I wouldn't be surprised if Ted Lasso was on the shortlist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
Poojah
January 25, 2024, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,588
Gold Stars: 1,503
Steve Cotterill appointed new FGR boss. That’s a pretty good appointment for them, and a vast improvement on Deeney, although I don’t think he pulled up many trees at Shewsbury and Birmingham.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
HerveJosse
January 25, 2024, 10:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah
Steve Cotterill appointed new FGR boss. That’s a pretty good appointment for them, and a vast improvement on Deeney, although I don’t think he pulled up many trees at Shewsbury and Birmingham.

Plenty of trees to tear up on Forrest Green
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
LocalLadGTFC
January 25, 2024, 11:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Not a bad appointment on the face of it, could be too little too late and I imagine things could get sour given his Cheltenham links.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 48
diehardmariner
January 25, 2024, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Did a really good job at Shrews, just soured a bit towards the end of last season with a excrement run but still finished 12th.  I bet they would take that now.

From a FGR perspective I can't think of many better appointments, certainly someone capable of coming in and getting a bounce.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Troy Deeney sacked

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.