Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mansfield Matchday thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Mansfield Matchday thread

This thread currently has 21,922 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
December 26, 2023, 2:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
If the teams below us win their games this in hand we are second bottom so I guess we are now in a relegation battle whatever is said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 284
Yossarian
December 26, 2023, 2:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,084
Gold Stars: 18
Bloody hell.  I've just checked score on bbc.  39 shots against!!!  Really....wtaf.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 284
December 26, 2023, 2:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Why do you need to have a detailed knowledge of the recruitment process to know that we in the main we recruited badly in the summer? It’s plainly obvious that we have an unbalanced squad lacking technically, mentally and physically.

I see you don't get it either.  You can't just go to a player and say you're coming to my club, there are loads of reasons why he doesn't want to.  I'm not going to list them all as some of them are fairly obvious.  So for someone to say we recruited badly, unless he is Joe Hutchinson, he has no idea who we tried to sign, the reasons they didn't sign for us, and also players who turned us down.

I've said it before, but I will say it again.  It's not like going into a shop and seeing something you want to buy, take it off the shelf, pay for it and it's yours.  There are numerous reasons players won't sign for us.

You don't need detailed knowledge of how the recruitment process works at all, most of it is common sense.

Reply: 242 - 284
barrattstandman
December 26, 2023, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
But the teams below us dont win as well . So dont expect them ALLto win their game in hand . However we MUST beat the teams below us now till the end of the season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 284
barrattstandman
December 26, 2023, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
But the teams below us dont win as well . So dont expect them ALLto win their game in hand . However we MUST beat the teams below us now till the end of the season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 284
Mappers
December 26, 2023, 2:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Yoda
We cannot shift any of this deadwood out and Stockwood has said he is not willing to put any money in.
We are right in a relegation dog fight

Well they will have to find ££££ in the summer to make up for the shortfall in ST sales , we won't shift no way near 5k+ again and will be back to hoping for on field glory to boost numbers . Feel for us fans as it's seeming like promotion and the cup run is just yet another false dawn .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 284
Yoda
December 26, 2023, 2:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
I’m very concerned about our league status Stockwood is losing interest we have a team of national league players with no fight a new manager who seems incapable of changing the last two dire games.
We need a  point at Salford desperately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 284
mariner91
December 26, 2023, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614

I see you don't get it either.  You can't just go to a player and say you're coming to my club, there are loads of reasons why he doesn't want to.  I'm not going to list them all as some of them are fairly obvious.  So for someone to say we recruited badly, unless he is Joe Hutchinson, he has no idea who we tried to sign, the reasons they didn't sign for us, and also players who turned us down.

I've said it before, but I will say it again.  It's not like going into a shop and seeing something you want to buy, take it off the shelf, pay for it and it's yours.  There are numerous reasons players won't sign for us.

You don't need detailed knowledge of how the recruitment process works at all, most of it is common sense.

There are multiple reasons and factors why anybody in any job may not have done as well as they would have hoped for. And whilst you may take them into consideration you can still say that the outcome is subpar. The facts are the recruitment was extremely poor. The reasons why are unimportant. We’re lacking pace across virtually the entire squad but what you’re suggesting is that there’s no player available across the whole of the footballing world who would have been willing to come to us and within our price range. And that is palpable nonsense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 284
December 26, 2023, 2:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
I’m very concerned about our league status Stockwood is losing interest we have a team of national league players with no fight a new manager who seems incapable of changing the last two dire games.
We need a  point at Salford desperately.

I continue to be amazed at the utter rubbish you keep spouting on here.

Reply: 248 - 284
December 26, 2023, 2:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

There are multiple reasons and factors why anybody in any job may not have done as well as they would have hoped for. And whilst you may take them into consideration you can still say that the outcome is subpar. The facts are the recruitment was extremely poor. The reasons why are unimportant. We’re lacking pace across virtually the entire squad but what you’re suggesting is that there’s no player available across the whole of the footballing world who would have been willing to come to us and within our price range. And that is palpable nonsense.

Lol, are you serious?  Please show me where I said that.  You are a joke.

Reply: 249 - 284
29 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mansfield Matchday thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.