December 12, 2023, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I know he's very marmite with our fans.

Genuinely baffles me this.  On the wing and at this level, he's fantastic and has proven so.

I completely agree, I think he'll be a huge asset under Artell.  Also gives us ridiculous wide options for the 4-3-3 that Artell looks to favour (Vernam, Khan, Eisa, Gnahoua, Pyke and Wilson).
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
LocalLadGTFC
December 12, 2023, 1:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Maringer

I'm not sure we should be talking about the personal lives of players on this forum.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 57
mariner91
December 12, 2023, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from diehardmariner

Genuinely baffles me this.  On the wing and at this level, he's fantastic and has proven so.

I completely agree, I think he'll be a huge asset under Artell.  Also gives us ridiculous wide options for the 4-3-3 that Artell looks to favour (Vernam, Khan, Eisa, Gnahoua, Pyke and Wilson).

And Ainley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
sonofmadeleymariner
December 12, 2023, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
My only issue with Hunt, similar to Vernam was consistency. It is clear both can play football, the problem was they only seemed to turn up one in three games, one in five games whatever it may be.

Now it might still be a little early to say he's past that, but three good performances in three games is showing promise. I do think Hunt playing higher up the pitch rather than the deeper holding role he did under Hurst has helped, he seems to have more freedom to move around and find the space he needs and wants.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
bedders78
December 12, 2023, 2:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from RonMariner

I think Khouri will be a great addition to the squad when he returns too.

He made the bench for Oxford, so can't be too far away

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
diehardmariner
December 12, 2023, 3:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from mariner91

And Ainley!

Yep, thought I'd missed someone!

7 into 2 is a tight squeeze to say the least. Potentially a bit of flexibility in that, Arthur played in the No 10 role away at MK Dons and was excellent, I think Ainley can potentially do that too when Artell (as I expect he's smart enough to do) adjusts his system at little when it suits.

Also Wilson and Pyke could arguably classed more as strikers than wingers but, certainly in the case of Pyke, look more effective when starting out wide.  Wilson, to my eyes anyway, is looking more like an impact type sub.

All good options to have.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
mariner91
December 12, 2023, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yep, thought I'd missed someone!

7 into 2 is a tight squeeze to say the least. Potentially a bit of flexibility in that, Arthur played in the No 10 role away at MK Dons and was excellent and I think Ainley can potentially do that too when Artell (as I expect his smart enough to do) adjusts his system at little when it suits.

Also Wilson and Pyke could arguably classed more as strikers than wingers but, certainly in the case of Pyke, look more effective when starting out wide.  Wilson, to my eyes anyway, is looking more like an impact type sub.

All good options to have.

It is good flexibility and on their day all of them are good players at this level. Hopefully they'll find their form consistently in a new system that gets the most out of their strengths. I think Pyke definitely looks better starting out wide. He's not got the awareness or movement to play centrally but is good enough when play is in front of him to be effective coming from the touchline to support the central striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
Norseman
December 12, 2023, 11:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from mariner91

And Ainley!

And Andrews
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.