fishboyUTM
December 11, 2023, 9:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

In truth, it will be very interesting to see what tune DA can get out of a fit Charles Vernam.

I for one, believe in Charles Vernam. Let's hope he can return to fitness and become the player he was threatening to become under Holloway instead of the half Vernam held back by defensive shackes of Paul Hurst. Don't judge him on his early season performances, I believe he was struggling with injury all along. I don't doubt his potential, but it's time he realised that potential.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
acko338
December 11, 2023, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
If Vernam comes back fully fit, and at previous speed levels, it could be like having a new signing.

We have seen that he can run WITH the ball and likes to surge at defenders.

If that can be re-harnessed along side other players getting more confidence, then it could ease the current injury problems with Wilson and Pyke picking up frequent knocks.

Good luck to him, there is definitely a player in there that we need at 100%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
diehardmariner
December 12, 2023, 11:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Vernam coming back is very exciting, especially with this expansive style of play.

Obviously his goal against Colchester is the one we all remember, but it's the one against Forest Green around that time that I think resonates with how Artell is setting us up.

Fluid, quick switch of play, one/two touches before giving and going....oh and an overlapping Anthony Glennon cutting inside for his winger to benefit.

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
fishboyUTM
December 12, 2023, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Anyone know where Charles is with his recovery? Heard very little since the Telewag became utterly useless and nothing on the OS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
DB
December 12, 2023, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
The last thing I read about him was he would be fully recovered by Christmas/New Year, but that was in Hursty's time.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
Son of Cod
December 12, 2023, 12:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Anyone know where Charles is with his recovery? Heard very little since the Telewag became utterly useless and nothing on the OS.

Can't remember where, but I'm sure I read/heard he's back in training. Going off his first few interviews, I don't think Artell is gonna be any less tight lipped than Hurst was on this kind of stuff.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
RonMariner
December 12, 2023, 12:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,733
Gold Stars: 226
Excited to think how DA could get the best out of Vernam.

I think Khouri will be a great addition to the squad when he returns too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 12, 2023, 12:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Son of Cod

Can't remember where, but I'm sure I read/heard he's back in training. Going off his first few interviews, I don't think Artell is gonna be any less tight lipped than Hurst was on this kind of stuff.

Think Artell made brief mention of it in his post match interview with JT but wouldn’t bet my house on that’s where I heard it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
LocalLadGTFC
December 12, 2023, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Vernam is back doing gym work as I see him quite reguarly, not sure about him being on the grass etc. He's the only two footed winger we have and has the ability to go both ways. I know he's very marmite with our fans but he's got so much ability and can really get fans off there feet when he's on it with how direct he is. Really excited to get him back fit and playing in this system as I think he is similar to Hunt in that he needs that arm round him telling him how good he is and how good he can be, I expect him to flourish under DA.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 57
Maringer
December 12, 2023, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
He's the only two footed winger we have and has the ability to go both ways.

I'm not sure we should be talking about the personal lives of players on this forum.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.