6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
December 10, 2023, 12:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
I've said before Alex Hunt needed an arm around his shoulder and a promise he would play half a dozen consecutive games. Not fitting a player of his ability into the team is tantamount to self harm. As his match fitness and game flow inproves, he will only get better. He is far too good for this league, as is Kamil Conte so we need to utilise them both while they are still here. We've wasted 18 months of his 36 month contract already, or Hurst has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
diehardmariner
December 11, 2023, 1:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Maybe time for us to move on from highlighting how Hurst got it wrong with Hunt, Glennon, Conteh, Pyke...the guy brought them into the club and Artell is now getting the best out of them.

In the immortal words of Echo & The Bunnymen, nothing lasts forever. Hurst had taken us as far as he could but it looks like he set the next guy up pretty well to continue our journey.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
pizzzza
December 11, 2023, 2:13pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner
Maybe time for us to move on from highlighting how Hurst got it wrong with Hunt, Glennon, Conteh, Pyke...the guy brought them into the club and Artell is now getting the best out of them.

You're saying that Fishy members can't sit around telling each other "I told you so, I knew there was a good player in there", etc., etc.,  and pretend that they know more about football than actual professional football managers?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
It Bites
December 11, 2023, 3:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pizzzza

You're saying that Fishy members can't sit around telling each other "I told you so, I knew there was a good player in there", etc., etc.,  and pretend that they know more about football than actual professional football managers?

It’s what forums are for . Down the pub chat and I love it
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2023, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pizzzza

I've just read the 'Don't be safe' thread and it ties in very nicely.

Hurst knew full well what he was signing in Alex Hunt - a player who likes to take a chance in order to create a chance - it makes you wonder why he ended up here but he now has a manager telling him to take a chance and be less risk averse.

Two different managers, two completely different attitudes.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
It Bites
December 11, 2023, 4:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I've just read the 'Don't be safe' thread and it ties in very nicely.

Hurst knew full well what he was signing in Alex Hunt - a player who likes to take a chance in order to create a chance - it makes you wonder why he ended up here but he now has a manager telling him to take a chance and be less risk averse.

Two different managers, two completely different attitudes.

Hurst loved a safe win and a safe defeat
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
Maringer
December 11, 2023, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,523
Gold Stars: 185
Don't be daft.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
Son of Cod
December 11, 2023, 7:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
4 pages of people declaring they were right about Hunt all along. I'm afraid I'm going to have to call this one in for a full inquest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
HatTrickHero
December 11, 2023, 9:19pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Son of Cod
4 pages of people declaring they were right about Hunt all along. I'm afraid I'm going to have to call this one in for a full inquest.

I submit my evidence for the inquest, m'lud.
Though in all honesty I didn't expect such such a turnaround so quickly, still taking in just how much I enjoyed Saturday.

Quoted from HatTrickHero
I'm not writing off Hunt until the new manager has settled in. Glennon was written off and missing from the squad in Hurst's final days, but has come back flying. Orsi was given 10 minutes at the end of games then released but showed with Crawley hes a handy player over 90.

New start for the team, only fair to wipe all the slates clean and see what they can do in a new environment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2023, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HatTrickHero

I submit my evidence for the inquest, m'lud.
Though in all honesty I didn't expect such such a turnaround so quickly, still taking in just how much I enjoyed Saturday.

In truth, it will be very interesting to see what tune DA can get out of a fit Charles Vernam.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.