Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 216,029 views. Print
138 Pages Prev ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
February 2, 2024, 1:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Andy Smith looked hopeless at right back but I think we can all agree he was pretty good centrally
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1360 - 1373
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 2, 2024, 2:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Grimal

Pharaoh nough.

Tut Tut...enkhamun

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1361 - 1373
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 2, 2024, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,843
Gold Stars: 178

His mummy wouldn't let him leave.

He just decided it was a pharaoh way to go.

Maybe we’ve already signed him and he’s the son of chic main man NILE Rodgers

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1362 - 1373
The Dogs Testicles
February 2, 2024, 2:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Approval: -119
Gold Stars: 12

Looks like you're planning to be to DA, what denni was to Hurst.

You'll just keep complaining, blaming when it's bad, and when it's good, shut up waiting for an opportunity to have a dig. Most probably won't even read your posts as they'll just see the name and assume the post contains negatives.

I would be absolutely over the moon to be proven wrong - always am when it’s relating to GTFC. I will also gladly hold my hands up if I’m wrong about my assumptions too.
I thought PH was absolutely bang on until about 6-8 weeks before he left too. Just not warming to DA at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1363 - 1373
davmariner
February 2, 2024, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Andy Smith looked hopeless at right back but I think we can all agree he was pretty good centrally

A fair point, though Andy Smith was being played out of position. Mullarkey was brought in to play right back.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1364 - 1373
toontown
February 2, 2024, 2:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from davmariner

A fair point, though Andy Smith was being played out of position. Mullarkey was brought in to play right back.

It's not exactly his position though, didn't he say he has only played a bit there and usually plays on the right of a central 3. Crookes was usually played on the left of a central 3 wasn't he but Hurst played his as FB until we got Amos in, efete looked better on the right of a 3 but was usually played FB by Hurst.

I think Hurst MK2 had a bit of a penchant for FBs who were a bit taller/better in the air than typical for the position.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1365 - 1373
AncientExiledMariner
February 2, 2024, 2:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles

I would be absolutely over the moon to be proven wrong - always am when it’s relating to GTFC. I will also gladly hold my hands up if I’m wrong about my assumptions too.
I thought PH was absolutely bang on until about 6-8 weeks before he left too. Just not warming to DA at all

It's pretty known on here that I supported Paul Hurst long after most here gave up on here. I wasn't a Paul Hurst guy, I just felt he was the right person for the job. By the end, I think most felt change was needed. The club made that decision, and I supported it. They picked DA.

I will support my club and with that, the manager. Did I agree with the Efete decision? No. Will I give him the benefit of the doubt? Yes.

Supporting your club through thick and thin means something... It isn't a phrase we brandish about to boost our own ego.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1366 - 1373
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 2, 2024, 2:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

He just decided it was a pharaoh way to go.

Maybe we’ve already signed him and he’s the son of chic main man NILE Rodgers

He failed the medical. Been smoking too many Camels.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1367 - 1373
The Dogs Testicles
February 2, 2024, 3:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Approval: -119
Gold Stars: 12

It's pretty known on here that I supported Paul Hurst long after most here gave up on here. I wasn't a Paul Hurst guy, I just felt he was the right person for the job. By the end, I think most felt change was needed. The club made that decision, and I supported it. They picked DA.

I will support my club and with that, the manager. Did I agree with the Efete decision? No. Will I give him the benefit of the doubt? Yes.

Supporting your club through thick and thin means something... It isn't a phrase we brandish about to boost our own ego.

I’ve supported this Club, through thick and thin and as a ST for 40 years so please don’t question my loyalty or suggest it’s an ego trip. It’s an opinion and one that I am entitled too. Do I like DA - I’m not overly enamoured by him. Will I support him - absolutely. Will I be over the moon if he proves me wrong - absolutely!!

This is a Forum where everyone has an opinion, whether we like each others or not, that’s the bottom line.  Your opinion is simply a challenge to mine and one that I will respect; not dismiss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1368 - 1373
Spurn boy
February 2, 2024, 4:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Maringer
I reckon that we might see Mullarkey as a centre-back on occasion during the rest of the season, especially if injuries require it. He's certainly big enough, so we'll have to see if he's good enough as well.

I think he would fit in nicely playing on the right of midfield, he does have the ability to run at opposing defenders with the ball and has the ability get into their box but struggles to get back to his defensive duties but having someone to cover for him in the right back position I think will make him an asset going forward. Hope he is given a chance in this position as I think he has more to offer than being a wingback.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1369 - 1373
138 Pages Prev ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.