Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 217,117 views. Print
138 Pages Prev ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 Next All Recommend Thread
aussiej
February 2, 2024, 6:20am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +111
Gold Stars: 17
This is such a poor squad to take into a relegation dog fight.
I hope his new players are a big improvement on those who have gone but looking at most of their histories they come with heavy baggage and have a lot to.prove.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1310 - 1373
pontoonlew
February 2, 2024, 6:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I’d describe that as a solid window. 4 players who you’d describe as likely starters in Tharne, Hume, Smith & Thompson with 2 youngsters to bolster out positions.

1 more in Kirk would’ve been nice but it wasn’t a position we were desperately in need for. We’ve managed to change 3 of the 4 positions at the back which was far more important IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1311 - 1373
mariner91
February 2, 2024, 6:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Mappers

I think we are in big big trouble tbh unless these 3 new guys are very very good

It's a really badly unbalanced squad  as it stands

How is it much different to a week ago?

Efete has gone and been replaced by Liam Smith, a player with a better pedigree than both existing right backs and full back was a major problem area.
Denver Hume has come in to replace the left backs who are both still here.
Waterfall left and has been replaced by Tharme. It would have been nice to get another centre back but I guess Mullarkey can cover there.
Khan has left but wasn’t getting a look in and we’ve got plenty who can play in those wide areas.
Khouri is only gone for a month.
Conteh will be a big miss but Thompson appears to be a good signing and a good age to strengthen the spine significantly.
It’s not been confirmed that Wilson has gone and I suspect that was pulled at the last minute.

We’re still a little short on out and out strikers but have Obikwu so it’s better than we were at start of the window. The troublesome full back area seems to have been addressed. Conteh seems to have been adequately replaced. The squad is no worse balanced than at the start of the month but we appear to have added more quality and experience in some key areas. It’s not a perfect window but your reaction is way over the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1312 - 1373
pontoonlew
February 2, 2024, 6:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I think if Wilson hasn’t gone, you’d have to presume the Kirk deal went down to the wire and we’ve stopped him going out last minute
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1313 - 1373
The Dogs Testicles
February 2, 2024, 6:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -106
Honestly think that we in are for a huge relegation scrap and I don’t think we have the resources at our disposal to deal with it.

National league next season I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1314 - 1373
Northbank Mariner
February 2, 2024, 6:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,532
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
Honestly think that we in are for a huge relegation scrap and I don’t think we have the resources at our disposal to deal with it.

"Smile, you're on candid camera".....honestly, what a ray of sunshine you are....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1315 - 1373
The Dogs Testicles
February 2, 2024, 6:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -106
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

"Smile, you're on candid camera".....honestly, what a ray of sunshine you are....

Sorry but I just feel that DA is a massive 🐮 💩 er. I can only take everything that comes out of his mouth with a pinch of salt too.

What really concerns me is that out of all the players he has recruited so far, only one (Doug Tharme) has worked with him before. I’m struggling to understand why those previous players aren’t tempted by working with him again.

I really really hope I’m proven wrong but I have a huge suspicion that I won’t be.

Apologies but I just don’t like the guy and can only see him taking us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1316 - 1373
ska face
February 2, 2024, 6:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from supertown
I’m mesmerised by this window , we have offloaded loads and brought in very little . Wtf is happening

We’ve offloaded 5 and brought in 6. 4 of those are direct replacements for players from higher divisions, and one going out was Khouri who’s played three minutes in the league this year.

Efete - Smith
Conteh - Thompson
Waterfall - Tharme
Khan - Wood

Khouri - back next month

Obikwu in
Hume in
Private Message
Reply: 1317 - 1373
Davec
February 2, 2024, 6:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42

Sorry but I just feel that DA is a massive 🐮 💩 er. I can only take everything that comes out of his mouth with a pinch of salt too.

What really concerns me is that out of all the players he has recruited so far, only one (Doug Tharme) has worked with him before. I’m struggling to understand why those previous players aren’t tempted by working with him again.

I really really hope I’m proven wrong but I have a huge suspicion that I won’t be.

Apologies but I just don’t like the guy and can only see him taking us down.

Every manager signs players they face not worked with before, you don't exclusively have to sign players you've worked with before you know? Maybe the players artell have worked with before are unavailable for numerous reasons? It might not be down to the fact they simply all said no to him, also I feel we had very little chance of signing Kirk so you can't blame artell for that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1318 - 1373
The Yard Dog
February 2, 2024, 7:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74

You going watch to Scunny next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1319 - 1373
138 Pages Prev ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.