Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,589 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 28, 2023, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
To the fridge for a top up of Pinot Grigio.

Wow. What an amazing performance from town. Real chalk and cheese from what has gone on previously this season and a breath of fresh air. That’s usually how teams play against us!

Glennons injury for me was the defining point of the game. We lost shape a bit and seemed like we lost a bit of drive forward.

Don’t let that take anything away from an amazing performance from town and the fans that made the journey too.

Motm….. Toby mullarkey for me

A point would’ve been taken am sure pre match. We could’ve on all reality taken 3. But, well played to the players and well done to those that made the journey

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
November 28, 2023, 10:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Cheeky little win on Saturday would be lovely.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
headingly_mariner
November 28, 2023, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Played really well and should've won. Injuries majorly cost us, Pyke is a steady finisher and Glennon was a real creative spark.

Loved seeing Hunt swagger around with the ball. He'll be in the team regularly. Hope to see him continue to get the ball in advanced positions. Ainley, Eisa and Mullarkey all should've scored a winner!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Theimperialcoroner
November 28, 2023, 10:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Very close to what would have been a fine win. Both Eisas should’ve won it. I’d say on balance we deserved that. The passing across the back line scares me silly, but the way we moved the ball up the pitch was delicious at times. Difficult to pick fault with any Town players tonight even if with an ounce more composure we win that 3 or 4 :1

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Mappers
November 28, 2023, 10:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,335
Gold Stars: 118
In Spoons MK

Superb tonight but we need to convert

Neat and tidy football with build up .

Refreshing and hopefully a sign of things to come

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
barralad
November 28, 2023, 10:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
A famous manager once said "Football bloody hell". The turn round from Saturday's depressing dirge was bordering on miraculous. All of a sudden we had players working for each otther, excellent, crisp passing and a willingness to get the ball into areas that could hurt the opposition...at speed. First half was the best 45 of the season so far. Great work from Rose and a typically smart finish from Pike. The defence was organised and snuffed out most of what MKD could conjure up.
Second half for the first 30 mintes belonged to the home team but the fact they scored from what was virtually their only shot on target again showed what improvement there was from Town. The last 15 minutes was notable for the fact that we created at least hour really good chances one of which at least should've been buried. It wouldn't be Town without an injury time scare but definitely a game we can consider us unlucky not to win.
So many candidates for M.O.M.
Hunt supèrb - driving forward and exhibiting the range of passing we know he has. Conteh playing a bit further forward won just about everything. Clifton slotted in very well at the bavk when Glennon injured. Mullarkey rampaging down the right particularly second half and Rose making a real nuisance of himself.
It's early (Very) days but if that's what Artell can do after one session we just vould be looking at better times ahead.
Stella Artell.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
lukeo
November 28, 2023, 10:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,375
Gold Stars: 148
Safe journey home fella.
Brilliant from town could have easily won it but could easily have lost it at the end. 3 or 4 brilliant performances but felt everyone stepped up.
1 thing I do like is the intensity and pace of which we move the ball from back to front.
Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 28, 2023, 10:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Tweet 1729630701249581390 will appear here...

Post match interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 28, 2023, 10:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Mrs Cummingstackle and myself have left MK very frustrated. With better finishing we could have hammered them. If they'd finished better we could have left with nothing.

First half was the best from Town in a long time, MK were better in the second half after (I assume) a HT boll*cking. But it could have been 3 points.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Son of Cod
November 28, 2023, 10:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from barralad
A famous manager once said "Football bloody hell". The turn round from Saturday's depressing dirge was bordering on miraculous. All of a sudden we had players working for each otther, excellent, crisp passing and a willingness to get the ball into areas that could hurt the opposition...at speed. First half was the best 45 of the season so far. Great work from Rose and a typically smart finish from Pike. The defence was organised and snuffed out most of what MKD could conjure up.
Second half for the first 30 mintes belonged to the home team but the fact they scored from what was virtually their only shot on target again showed what improvement there was from Town. The last 15 minutes was notable for the fact that we created at least hour really good chances one of which at least should've been buried. It wouldn't be Town without an injury time scare but definitely a game we can consider us unlucky not to win.
So many candidates for M.O.M.
Hunt supèrb - driving forward and exhibiting the range of passing we know he has. Conteh playing a bit further forward won just about everything. Clifton slotted in very well at the bavk when Glennon injured. Mullarkey rampaging down the right particularly second half and Rose making a real nuisance of himself.
It's early (Very) days but if that's what Artell can do after one session we just vould be looking at better times ahead.
Stella Artell.

Bang on. Hunt was very good. I really don't get why Hurst insisted he was more of an anchor man/holding midfielder. Get that silky little wizard on the edge of the opponent's box for me, really pleased to see Artell use him like that. Some excellent touches from him throughout the second half. The only criticism of his performance I would have is that he could have been a bit greedier on a few occasions and shot when he picked a pass.

What a ridiculous venue for L2 football too. My first time there and definite Darlington vibes. Milton Keynes an absolute pain to walk around too using Google Maps.

Also David Artell's Black and White Army doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, can we please ditch a syllable and go with Dave?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.