Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,585 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
November 29, 2023, 9:15am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,239
Gold Stars: 29
There can’t be many games where two brothers come on as subs for both teams though town’s Eisa played better than his brother who missed an absolute sitter at the end when it looked easier to score than miss.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
OddShapedBalls
November 29, 2023, 9:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Big picture, is that now 6 games undefeated in all competitions? I know 2 games were versus Slough etc but even so that's not the form of a team in 20th.  With ar'tell in place and the uncertainty gone you've got to hope there will be improvements over the next few weeks and a return to good old mid-table obscurity by January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
SpiritOf98
November 29, 2023, 9:39am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Big picture, is that now 6 games undefeated in all competitions? I know 2 games were versus Slough etc but even so that's not the form of a team in 20th.  With ar'tell in place and the uncertainty gone you've got to hope there will be improvements over the next few weeks and a return to good old mid-table obscurity by January.

Form is everything now in this Xmas run up, we've drawn the last 3, preceded by a win, decent form. Colchester have lost their last 3, worrying for them. And Morecombe of course in freefall with 4 defeats on the trot.
Just got to start grabbing those wins, especially at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
Jarmo.Is.God
November 29, 2023, 9:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
In simple terms for me, i'm much more relaxed about the 2nd half of the season than i was a week ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
It Bites
November 29, 2023, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,203
Gold Stars: 265
One thing I was happy about was  The Manager barking out the orders and the assistant with the board rather than the GK coach
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
Poojah
November 29, 2023, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,567
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

We've turned four straight defeats before Hurst's departure into six games unbeaten. As you point out, there's some context needed about those six games; two against a NLS side in the cup and two league games against sides currently adrift in the League Two relegation zone, but it's certainly a good platform for a new manager to build on, as was the performance in general last night.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
devs
November 29, 2023, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Sutton and MK Dons are about as far apart in football style as you can get
Sutton are brutal and ugly and we got dragged into their style - hence turgid performance
MK play good stuff and allowed us to play
- we went toe to toe with a very good passing team who were L1 last season
Shows where our strength is in terms of players

Hunt, Clifton, Conteh could be midfield three
I think Ainlee will push for a place - he looks a good footballer

Khan, Eisa, Wilson (Vernam when fit) all need to do much more on a regular basis; they don't affect games enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
Mariner_09
November 29, 2023, 11:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from devs
Sutton are brutal and ugly and we got dragged into their style - hence turgid performance

Khan, Eisa, Wilson (Vernam when fit) all need to do much more on a regular basis; they don't affect games enough

2 of those will have to play on Saturday with Pyke going off injured last night.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Roast Em Bobby
November 29, 2023, 11:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from devs

The acid test for me is whether the team (and Hunt in particular) can play good football like last night against the likes of Sutton (whose style is probably more representative of more L2 teams than MKDs is)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
GrimPol
November 29, 2023, 11:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Poojah

We've turned four straight defeats before Hurst's departure into six games unbeaten. As you point out, there's some context needed about those six games; two against a NLS side in the cup and two league games against sides currently adrift in the League Two relegation zone, but it's certainly a good platform for a new manager to build on, as was the performance in general last night.

What's "praise through gritted teeth" called from a keyboard context I wonder?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.