November 26, 2023, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from acko338
Missed Rodgers and Green.

We have no pacey No 10 to harass and chase so teams have time to play out with no threat.

Basics of good accurate passing and running not strolling are 2 definite needs, whoever is picked in the 18 of the squad.

Missed Rodgers? Though Maher was bang average again I thought Waterfall played well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
blundellpork
November 26, 2023, 9:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
I don’t see how you can claim we missed Rogers. He played well in the first 6 matches, but has been poor in the last 6. Our defence has been found wanting for weeks, and I was pleased to see Waterfall in for Rogers. Hopefully some time out of the team will allow Rogers to return to his early season form.

For me, Conteh plays far too deep, leaving us lacking mobility, pressing and forward balls in the middle of the park. Unless you can get him a further ten yards up the pitch, i think it leaves us without enough options in the middle. Whilst he’s a very slight figure, i would have had Hunt on for Conteh, rather than Clifton on for Andrews for the final 20 minutes, with the instruction to Hunt to play further up the pitch, giving us more forward options.

On Mullarkey, I think Efete gives us more. Mullarkey made a great cross for our goal, but I don’t think he’s better at either defending, or attacking than Efete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
Heisenberg
November 26, 2023, 9:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,054
Gold Stars: 93
I’d like to see Hunt and Clifton start on Tuesday, with holohan and Andrews dropped. I think Conteh is capable of far more than we’re seeing too, but Tuesday is the time to step up or be dropped for Green again (despite green’s mistakes against fgr).

I’d be tempted to pair waterfall or Maher with Green in defence as a curveball - I believe some of his best performances at Halifax were in defence.

I’d still like to see Amos back and Glennon in an advanced role, but that might only work in a 4-4-2.

In essence - god knows what formation and selection will get us winning games again!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
chaos33
November 26, 2023, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Dons have hit form. I’m concerned that whatever line up is selected on Tuesday we are in for a pasting.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
ancientmariner54
November 27, 2023, 10:28am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Hagrid
Only positive is we got a point. And the games over

2 poor sides, with us poorer. Got the early goal though Pyke again, didnt build on it at all, dont think we had another shot on target for the rest of the game?

Gifted Sutton an equaliser with our customary defensive and goalkeeping errors.

2nd half we were absolutely excrement, could have and should have lost but for poor finishing, and a great save from Cartwright.

That was a very worrying performance, We missed Danny Rose but no excuses. New man has a huge job on his hands

We don't need a "new man" these two are doing fine , just need more time , as would a " new man" .If these two had started the season with the
same point per game ratio we would be close to a playoff position now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
November 27, 2023, 12:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from ancientmariner54

We don't need a "new man" these two are doing fine , just need more time , as would a " new man" .If these two had started the season with the
same point per game ratio we would be close to a playoff position now.

I'm now convinced that you are married to either Shaun or Ben.

Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.