7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
November 25, 2023, 6:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Thought we were decent first 30 minutes, without been amazing. Really needed that second but didn’t get it and conceded at an awful time.

Second half, absolutely woeful! That’s pretty much it to be honest. Slow, poor quality and ran out of ideas.

Hard to pick any decent performances but think Mullarkey had one of his better games and Pyke on the scorsheet again.  

On the whole though, over the  5 games, I think it’s clear Shaun and Ben have improved us somewhat. 5 unbeaten and other than today a clear improvement going forwards. Lots still to do, absolutely no doubt about that, and hopefully the new man can come in and get us going.

Personally think we sort the defensive issues out we will be more than ok. We have three strikers that will score goals.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
chaos33
November 25, 2023, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
Positives- 5 unbeaten, taken 5 points from 9, which isn't great, but better than we have been doing. We also didn't let Sutton or FGR gain any ground on us, so could be worse, but could be a lot better.

Negatives- Where do I begin? Today again, we looked like the away side from about 30 minutes onward, with the opposition pressuring us more and more as the game went on, the ball coming back constantly and us not being able to fashion and decent moves or any sustained pressure as a home side should.

Poor control, poor passing, poor choices, terrible throw ins and lax play giving the ball back to them constantly. I really don't get how other teams seem to be able to keep the ball and make simple passes to each other, yet it seems beyond our capability. Holohan was the main culprit today, but the others weren't much better.

Only one side deserved to win that game, and but for a bad miss and a great save from Cartwright, it would have been Sutton. Twice we were carved open down the centre in the second half again, but fortunately they blew their chances. Cartwright really shouldn't have had the chance to save the header from Smith, but we got out of gaol.

If you look at the stats on the BBC website, it appears that we were the better of the 2 sides, but in reality, all our possession was in our back third, and most of theirs was too.

We need someone to come in and drill the players for hours and hours on pass and move until it becomes second nature.

This.
It’s hard not to to make a sweeping judgement that none of these players are good enough, but on today’s showing, and all too often, many of them look way below par, and I’m angry about it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
Ruston AT
November 25, 2023, 6:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

Sean and Benji ( being nice here) had all week to prepare for this game and although it wasn't a life or death game they fu**ed it right up.

At times we went into playing Hurst Ball, Now I suppose after years of play that genre of football it's difficult to change but F**k Me they couldn't even play basic football.

You could see the equaliser was coming as the half wore on.

Lets get the new man in ASAP. I hope I'm wrong, but saturday will see the end of the FA run and Oxford will draw Man Utd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2023, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,728
Gold Stars: 237
We play over 60's walking football. There is zero pace or urgency in the team.

I cannot believe Hurst would have put together such a disjointed and often lacklustre squad had he been in sole charge of recruitment.  He has put together far superior squads without being "helped" by data analysts and the recruitment chap.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
Sandford1981
November 25, 2023, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59

I cannot believe Hurst would have put together such a disjointed and often lacklustre squad had he been in sole charge of recruitment.  He has put together far superior squads without being "helped" by data analysts and the recruitment chap.

Jesus Christ this again!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
oochiad
November 25, 2023, 6:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Very disappointing. I hope a new manager get something out of this team as some of them need a right rollicking after that performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
dapperz fun pub
November 25, 2023, 6:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,962
Gold Stars: 82
A new manager and some better payers in Jan or we’re toast , simply not good enough pretty much throughout
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
LH
November 25, 2023, 7:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,532
Gold Stars: 173
An absolute stinker for Shaun and Benji to finish on (at home at least). Not sure I can agree with Davies saying that the speculation has affected the team. You’d think they’d play up if that was the case. The only positive I can take from it is that we didn’t lose. Onwards.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
fishcake63
November 25, 2023, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62

rubbish of course he was in charge of recruitment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
chaos33
November 25, 2023, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

F**s sake, get a grip. You’re obsessed. Are you ok?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.