HertsGTFC
November 26, 2023, 8:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Looks like it might have done. Holohan heads the ball backwards then stands and watches as the goal unfolds. Looks even worse on a second watch.

When you watch Holohan he’s looking a bit lazy passes the ball (often sloppy) and then either stands still or starts walking.

When we’ve not got the ball his work ethic looks light, maybe the data thingy in his vest is proving me wrong but generally good midfield players keep moving with or without the ball.

I’ll get slaughtered for the above as I know he’s popular with a lot of the supporters. Again won’t be popular but if one has to go out for one to come in I think he’d be a consideration.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 154
lew chaterleys lover
November 26, 2023, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HertsGTFC

When you watch Holohan he’s looking a bit lazy passes the ball (often sloppy) and then either stands still or starts walking.

When we’ve not got the ball his work ethic looks light, maybe the data thingy in his vest is proving me wrong but generally good midfield players keep moving with or without the ball.

I’ll get slaughtered for the above as I know he’s popular with a lot of the supporters. Again won’t be popular but if one has to go out for one to come in I think he’d be a consideration.

We all appreciate Gav but yesterday he seemed to spend most of the match with his hand up apologising to team mates, and even the crowd at one point. When he does make a mistake it really sets him back on his heels instead of trying to make amends.

I've rarely seen a player who is so up and down with his performances. He can have a really good influential game, be the main goal threat and then look like a competition winner in subsequent games.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 154
DB
November 26, 2023, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I agree with you, it was a bad day for Gav. He was off most of the match for some reason and, to me, was to blame for the goal. There No9 was the man for Gav to mark, being nearest to him but he failed to track back with him, leaving him in open spaces. It's hard to tell from the vid if Waterfall deflect it or not, if he did you can excuse Cartwright, if it wasn't a deflection then it was poor goalkeeping.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 154
GollyGTFC
November 26, 2023, 10:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
When is the player rating going to be posted for this match? I need to give Holohan a 1!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 143 - 154
HertsGTFC
November 26, 2023, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

I agree with you, it was a bad day for Gav. He was off most of the match for some reason and, to me, was to blame for the goal. There No9 was the man for Gav to mark, being nearest to him but he failed to track back with him, leaving him in open spaces. It's hard to tell from the vid if Waterfall deflect it or not, if he did you can excuse Cartwright, if it wasn't a deflection then it was poor goalkeeping.

It’s not a new thing though DB, to his credit he pops up with the odd goal, some again to his credit have been important ones as were “those” penalties in “that” game but he just doesn’t have the passing ability to play the role he was picked for yesterday.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 154
ancientmariner54
November 26, 2023, 1:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Thought we played well in the first half ,Holoran had a poor game by his standards . Our goal came about through some good one touch football  but conceded a goal at the worst possible time .Onwards and upwards ,stick with the management team we have . If these two had started the season in charge with their present points per game ratio we would be in playoff contention.   U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 154
November 26, 2023, 2:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from ancientmariner54
Thought we played well in the first half ,Holoran had a poor game by his standards . Our goal came about through some good one touch football  but conceded a goal at the worst possible time .Onwards and upwards ,stick with the management team we have . If these two had started the season in charge with their present points per game ratio we would be in playoff contention.   U.T.M.

Lol, you just don't give up, do you?  There is not a chance in hell that those two will be managing GTFC any time soon.

Reply: 146 - 154
GrimRob
November 26, 2023, 2:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Just hope there are two sides worse than us. Not sure who!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 147 - 154
ginnywings
November 26, 2023, 2:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pen penfras

When they took over they pointed lots of fingers at the old board for the players that we had. Seems fair that fingers get pointed at them for having this shower of shite and most of it is here next season too.

Shower of sh1te?

They aint that bad, just not performing to the levels they should be would be my take on it, but if you want to keep grinding that axe for the glory days of JF, carry on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 154
AncientExiledMariner
November 26, 2023, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The goalkeeper copulated up here. Waterfall rightly showed him outside, and Cartwright from that distance should have had his near post. IMHO, even before that Holahan should have seen the space appear as the ball was attacked (by Maher?) and dropped into it. He kind of stopped running until it was too late and he bitched at Cartwright. Hurst usually said behind goals there was usually multiple mistakes, and that certainly was the case here.

Often, his body language sucks after he loses the ball. I've seen it multiple times this season, and it has cost us on multiple occassions. Some days he puts in a shift and works his balderdash off, but there is part of the temperament that is not good and when he's not on guard and doesn't catch himself, you often see that "ah intercourse it, not gonna make it anyway". It's painful because it's not like he's droppable, because we don't have much better options than him on the bench. With the state of our defence right now, we need Green and Clifton deep as cover, you'd probably want Conteh further forward, but we'll certainly need Holahan in rotation and to change matches. I'm one of the few who'd go with Clifton over Holahan, because he does not give up running and we really need that off the ball right now until the morale improves and standards have been set. Players have to know that if you give up running, or don't give your all, you'll be off the pitch and not starting.

I think one problem we have at the moment, is when someone isn't on it, we can do very little about it, and if you cannot punish that sort of behaviour, it keeps happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 154
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Sutton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.