Mayaman
November 26, 2023, 12:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from 140381

Always the Rainbow analogies with you. Might be time to try watching a new TV show? There’s all sorts out there you know.

Mary, Mungo and Midge?  Midge on the right of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 154
BS baffles brains
November 26, 2023, 12:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
I don't  dip on to the site to often, but sick to of hearing about this million pound cup dividend wasted.  I  have a couple of friends involved professionally offering services to the club,  they' re  take is the club raised  850k after tax from the cup run, and the club took 400k of this to do the structural alterations to the main stand roof and  posts. so all PH received was an additional 450k to budget;  sodomist all considering Nat. insurance and wages.  All they hear from the owners is SUSTAINABILITY  ,  so it sounds to me there's no dipping their hands in their pockets, so will have to wait and see what the new manager has,  but unless I'm hard of hearing, did Pettit not say on Friday's forum, no signings, without moving some players .    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 154
AncientExiledMariner
November 26, 2023, 1:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from BS baffles brains
I don't  dip on to the site to often, but sick to of hearing about this million pound cup dividend wasted.  I  have a couple of friends involved professionally offering services to the club,  they' re  take is the club raised  850k after tax from the cup run, and the club took 400k of this to do the structural alterations to the main stand roof and  posts. so all PH received was an additional 450k to budget;  sodomist all considering Nat. insurance and wages.  All they hear from the owners is SUSTAINABILITY  ,  so it sounds to me there's no dipping their hands in their pockets, so will have to wait and see what the new manager has,  but unless I'm hard of hearing, did Pettit not say on Friday's forum, no signings, without moving some players .    

It could be very expensive if we get relegated, so they better hope they pick the right guy who can do something with this squad.

I don't personally think the squad is that bad, but we definitely need some signings. CB, and possibly CM as a minimum. Not doing so, would leave a very elaborate icing structure without the cake supporting it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 154
Yoda
November 26, 2023, 1:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
I bet a lot of teams would love an additional 450k to their playing budget.
And i bet they would be higher than us in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 154
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 26, 2023, 6:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Smith’s goal took a deflection off Waterfall. That was why Cartwright was wrong-footed.

Understandably, Glennon’s been told to get forward to use his attacking attributes.

Mullarkey has surely been told to play narrower when Glennon is forward. Our midfield has surely been told to cover for Glennon when he is up the pitch.

Why on earth then has Holohan just stood around after his header and let players run past him, Mullarkey has remained too wide, Maher gets drawn out as usual because our midfield is having an existential crisis, and somehow, a 2m lamppost is allowed time and space to shuffle forward to equalise.

It’s the same mistakes again. What is wrong with them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 154
Maringer
November 26, 2023, 7:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,541
Gold Stars: 185
Did their goal take a deflection? Didn't look to be the case from my angle. Are highlights up yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 154
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2023, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer
Did their goal take a deflection? Didn't look to be the case from my angle. Are highlights up yet?

Looks like it might have done. Holohan heads the ball backwards then stands and watches as the goal unfolds. Looks even worse on a second watch.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 154
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 26, 2023, 7:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I thought it took a deflection.

But now I’m not too sure.

I don’t know if Waterfall gets close enough to actually touch it.

It’s a weird one because Cartwright’s movement suggests it took a deflection. But if you pause it when Smith takes the shot it looks like the ball is going towards the centre rather than to Cartwright’s right.

I don’t know now. Needs a snickometer.

00:52

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 154
pen penfras
November 26, 2023, 8:06am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings
Do I need to point out that it wasn't JS and AP who signed these players?

They have removed the guy who did sign them but couldn't get a tune out of them, so let's wait and see what a new manager can do with them and some January additions before we have them burnt at the stake. Their politics isn't relevant at all.

It was only a few weeks ago that Pyke was labelled as useless, and he's been one of our better players under the temporary management team.

When they took over they pointed lots of fingers at the old board for the players that we had. Seems fair that fingers get pointed at them for having this shower of shite and most of it is here next season too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 154
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Sutton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.