5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
November 25, 2023, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Some of the questions were dreadful from the floor, some were more like statements and opinions rather than questions, the bloke droning on about playing 16 year olds for 15 mins every game was well answered by Pearson and again by Stockwood when the gentleman who asked the question totally missed the point, I didn't see the point in Lloyd Griffith trying to inject humour into the event, if he wants to ask a question I feel it should be a question he considers worthwhile and not a question aimed at making people laugh, that was a waste of a question and time and totally unnecessary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 9:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
The question on the ground was preffered location IF you had a  magic wand to build one in or around GY. Haven't got 6M for a training ground so definitely not 40M for a ground. We will be in BP for at least the next 10 years that's a crushing blow to older fans who remember being an established Championship side because the ground will be a huge barrier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
ginnywings
November 25, 2023, 9:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB

I'm still waiting for my questions from the last forum to be asked! One of which was ground capacity and STH seats.

Last night JS went on about the 9,000-capacity stadium whereas there may be 9,000 seats but at best, for reasons stated on other threads only about 8,000 are available for "Poor" opposition to 7,500 for a team that brings good support. I do wish he would realise that we will never fill all the seats at BP with the best in recent years being 8,400 against Forest last year.

Which is exactly what they keep repeating. The ground holds 9000 and the average gate currently is around 6000, so there is no need to do anything at the moment, yet people keep asking them about the capacity, which is a non issue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Which is exactly what they keep repeating. The ground holds 9000 and the average gate currently is around 6000, so there is no need to do anything at the moment, yet people keep asking them about the capacity, which is a non issue.

This is where the problems lie the capacity is NOT 9k its 8400 the Forest game proved that there wasn't a visible spare seat.
8400 - 1200 away seats
7200- 600 Osmond corner
6600-5800 sth

Leaves around 800 seats and I'd suggest at least 600 of those are excrement views in the main stand so YES the capacity is an issue. Ginny with 800 seats to sell where is the potential to grow the fan base ? Where is the capacity to house a large away following? Where are the corporate options ?  This won't go away for the foreseeable and looking longer term it's clear BP will be a millstone around our necks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
November 25, 2023, 10:00am
Guest User
So when was the last time that fans were turned away because the ground was full?
Reply: 34 - 42
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 10:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 123614
So when was the last time that fans were turned away because the ground was full?

Quite a few times.last season. Would you pay £23 for a restricted view in the main stand for league 2 football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
wuffing
November 25, 2023, 10:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Bless em. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
November 25, 2023, 10:12am
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Quite a few times.last season. Would you pay £23 for a restricted view in the main stand for league 2 football?

Really?  Can you tell me the games fans were turned away from, and the gate for those particular matches?

Reply: 37 - 42
ginnywings
November 25, 2023, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

This is where the problems lie the capacity is NOT 9k its 8400 the Forest game proved that there wasn't a visible spare seat.
8400 - 1200 away seats
7200- 600 Osmond corner
6600-5800 sth

Leaves around 800 seats and I'd suggest at least 600 of those are excrement views in the main stand so YES the capacity is an issue. Ginny with 800 seats to sell where is the potential to grow the fan base ? Where is the capacity to house a large away following? Where are the corporate options ?  This won't go away for the foreseeable and looking longer term it's clear BP will be a millstone around our necks.

But it's not a problem when we have got near to capacity once in the 3 years they have been here, and they have said repeatedly that if and when we get to the point of needing extra seating, they will address the issue at that point. Why pay to have extra seating installed if they are going to be empty almost every game? I just don't get why people think this is so important.

Can't we just be happy that the ground is now a third more full than at any time under the old owner?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

But it's not a problem when we have got near to capacity once in the 3 years they have been here, and they have said repeatedly that if and when we get to the point of needing extra seating, they will address the issue at that point. Why pay to have extra seating installed if they are going to be empty almost every game? I just don't get why people think this is so important.

Can't we just be happy that the ground is now a third more full than at any time under the old owner?

I'm very happy at that. Thank you for the corteus reply .The planned work will see the 800 seats become a better buy but my point is we only have depending on away fans a small number of available seats .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tonights Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.