5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
November 24, 2023, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
I for one thought tonight it was poor, and the use of questions asked, on the whole, was poor. I don't know what questions were sent in but those from the audience, including the Scotish Egg one, were not of any distinct quality. Any that required a serious answer was fended off. I'm still a fan of JS & AP but their honeymoon period, as posted elsewhere, is now over.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2023, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
I thought the majority of the panel came over pretty well. 😉
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
ginnywings
November 24, 2023, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Who cares?

Fans forums are pointless in the main and mostly populated by football nerds who go to bed in their GTFC bobble hats.

They ask the same simplistic questions they asked at the last forum and will ask again at the next one. The panel then get criticised, as evidenced on this forum tonight because they didn't say we are getting a new ground, a new training ground, and are spending millions on players in the next window.

Must be a thankless task running a lower league football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
jamesgtfc
November 24, 2023, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,977
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from DB
I for one thought tonight it was poor, and the use of questions asked, on the whole, was poor. I don't know what questions were sent in but those from the audience, including the Scotish Egg one, were not of any distinct quality. Any that required a serious answer was fended off. I'm still a fan of JS & AP but their honeymoon period, as posted elsewhere, is now over.

The scotch egg was Lloyd Griffith with a poor attempt at being funny.

I thought it was ok, most of the questions from the floor were wasted. Jason did seem a bit ground down by things tonight. It sounds like the training ground is close, the new Head Coach is close, and Shaun Pearson in particular was great to listen to.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2023, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Who cares?

Fans forums are pointless in the main and mostly populated by football nerds who go to bed in their GTFC bobble hats.

They ask the same simplistic questions they asked at the last forum and will ask again at the next one. The panel then get criticised, as evidenced on this forum tonight because they didn't say we are getting a new ground, a new training ground, and are spending millions on players in the next window.

I think that was the point the chairman was making.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
ginnywings
November 24, 2023, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think that was the point the chairman was making.

Yeah. I get the impression he's a bit peeved at the scrutiny he's getting and sounded a tad defensive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
pizzzza
November 24, 2023, 9:26pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Did anyone on here go? (that's willing to admit it)
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Zmariner
November 24, 2023, 9:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ginnywings
Who cares?

That stings, I was just ironing, my bobble hat and preparing my retro shirt pyjamas.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
FishySmithy
November 24, 2023, 9:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Wow you lot would moan if you won the lotto 🤣🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
HertsGTFC
November 24, 2023, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Who cares?

🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tonights Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.