marinerjase
November 24, 2023, 11:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,656
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from pizzzza
Did anyone on here go? (that's willing to admit it)

Yep..asked the first question to get it going, which had already been answered by Shaun. My impressions of night? Thought question re playing youth for 15 mins was daft, got what you’d expect on manager questions, nothing we didn’t know on new ground/training ground (though I still don’t agree with the 9000 seats/capacity etc at BP not being used..you’re trying to flog seats with shite view at full price etc..) , think SP and BD came across really well..some criticism of JS and co ..maybe not justified as in person some comments were light hearted/jokes..but in another sense it’s refreshing in a way that not what everything is said is swallowed/can do no wrong etc)

My first attendance at a fans forum..would I do it again? Probably not, but that’s not to say wasn’t worthwhile, can’t please everyone etc - and had a really good chat with SP at the end.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
TownSNAFU5
November 24, 2023, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
If you have the money it must seem a dream to manage your local football club.  Especially it you a true, longterm fan of rest club.

The gloss can wear off a bit when plans do not come off.  A relegation battle and change of manager would not have been envisaged after our great cup run last season.  Also, the poor state of the club inherited takes money to fix it.

These complex issues only come to light when you get your feet under the table.  Daniel Levy had controlled large companies with thousands of staff.  He said publicly that managing 700 or 800 staff at Spurs was far more difficult.  The pressures to succeed were greater with multiple customers.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
chaos33
November 25, 2023, 4:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
Who cares?

Fans forums are pointless in the main and mostly populated by football nerds who go to bed in their GTFC bobble hats.

They ask the same simplistic questions they asked at the last forum and will ask again at the next one. The panel then get criticised, as evidenced on this forum tonight because they didn't say we are getting a new ground, a new training ground, and are spending millions on players in the next window.

Must be a thankless task running a lower league football club.

This. Mostly embarrassing I thought.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
grimsby pete
November 25, 2023, 5:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I think Jason is a bit drunk off that they gave Fenty. all he asked for when buying the club.

If I was him and Andrew I would be banging on Fentys door demanding half their money back for selling them a pup.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 25, 2023, 5:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think Jason is a bit drunk off that they gave Fenty. all he asked for when buying the club.

If I was him and Andrew I would be banging on Fentys door demanding half their money back for selling them a pup.

Due diligence.

It was obvious the club and facilities were outdated.

All the more annoying that Fenty received all of his cash back for running the club into the ground, whilst using it as a tool to support his crusade to become a councillor / MP.

I’ve being saying it for the past 18 months but it will take a long, long time to reverse the decline of the past 20 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
DB
November 25, 2023, 6:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from ska face

What question did you submit then, Paxman?

I'm still waiting for my questions from the last forum to be asked! One of which was ground capacity and STH seats.

Last night JS went on about the 9,000-capacity stadium whereas there may be 9,000 seats but at best, for reasons stated on other threads only about 8,000 are available for "Poor" opposition to 7,500 for a team that brings good support. I do wish he would realise that we will never fill all the seats at BP with the best in recent years being 8,400 against Forest last year.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
GibMariner
November 25, 2023, 7:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

If I remember correctly they against the rules of a PLC negotiated the deal in public to make it happen on their terms. Into the bargain £800k in the bank and a couple of players were soon sold when they took over.

Reality of running a football club without the luck on the field is hitting home.

A win today and UTMM
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 25, 2023, 7:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from GibMariner

If I remember correctly they against the rules of a PLC negotiated the deal in public to make it happen on their terms. Into the bargain £800k in the bank and a couple of players were soon sold when they took over.

What are you on about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
November 25, 2023, 7:26am
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy
Baffles me why people would think it was poor.

Would genuinely love to know why people thought it was so bad.

My issue is with the quality of questions.

The panel have proven to be open and honest in their answers and statements in their previous forums and interviews etc...

Yet....questions were about previously covered topics and at times were repetitive of those answered on the night.  The academy was done to death early on but yet another question came up later on.
We've covered ground capacity but yet a question about filling in the corners.
They've said no new ground is planned but yet that had to be covered again.
They've said that when they can share news on the training ground they will.
And a question about playing 16 year olds? Really?

I didn't perceive the JT issue as anything serious, JS said that speculation and gossip is part of football and is ok with that.
The joke around scotch eggs didn't land in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong there was some interesting responses in there.
I was under the belief the money for the new training ground was in place but clearly not and it's a lot of money to find.
Good to get some insight from Shaun and Ben on tactics.

I like hearing from the owners and they've got my support 100% but moving forward let's vet the questions a bit more to get the best out of these events.
Reply: 28 - 42
Tommy
November 25, 2023, 7:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 141269

My issue is with the quality of questions.

The panel have proven to be open and honest in their answers and statements in their previous forums and interviews etc...

Yet....questions were about previously covered topics and at times were repetitive of those answered on the night.  The academy was done to death early on but yet another question came up later on.
We've covered ground capacity but yet a question about filling in the corners.
They've said no new ground is planned but yet that had to be covered again.
They've said that when they can share news on the training ground they will.
And a question about playing 16 year olds? Really?

I didn't perceive the JT issue as anything serious, JS said that speculation and gossip is part of football and is ok with that.
The joke around scotch eggs didn't land in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong there was some interesting responses in there.
I was under the belief the money for the new training ground was in place but clearly not and it's a lot of money to find.
Good to get some insight from Shaun and Ben on tactics.

I like hearing from the owners and they've got my support 100% but moving forward let's vet the questions a bit more to get the best out of these events.

Good response. And that's my point, if the fans forum was poor it was because the questions were poor/wasted questions.
Maybe I'm wrong but it reads on here like many using it as a stick to beat the owners/club with.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tonights Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.