ska face
November 24, 2023, 9:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from DB
I for one thought tonight it was poor, and the use of questions asked, on the whole, was poor. I don't know what questions were sent in but those from the audience, including the Scotish Egg one, were not of any distinct quality. Any that required a serious answer was fended off. I'm still a fan of JS & AP but their honeymoon period, as posted elsewhere, is now over.

What question did you submit then, Paxman?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
Fenners
November 24, 2023, 9:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
I thought as these things go it was pretty decent. Most of the pre-submitted questions were ok. Yes some of those asked were “wasted” but IMO not as many as we usually get. People asking same or similar question to those already asks is sometime a bit “have you been listening.”

I’m not sure what some expect, I thought all of the panel answered honestly and the football bits from Ben and Shaun were pretty informative.

All in all, better than not doing anything - which would be moaned at. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
bawarmy
November 24, 2023, 9:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The scotch egg was Lloyd Griffith with a poor attempt at being funny.

I thought it was ok, most of the questions from the floor were wasted. Jason did seem a bit ground down by things tonight. It sounds like the training ground is close, the new Head Coach is close, and Shaun Pearson in particular was great to listen to.

Lloyd does that a lot. Does he put much money into the club? Not a problem if he doesn’t, just wondered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
rancido
November 24, 2023, 10:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah. I get the impression he's a bit peeved at the scrutiny he's getting and sounded a tad defensive.

The majority of people do not like any form of scrutiny and would probably react in the same way. This site is full of fans who think they can do better than the owner/manager/coaching staff- delete as applicable.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
LH
November 24, 2023, 10:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from ginnywings
Who cares?

Fans forums are pointless in the main and mostly populated by football nerds who go to bed in their GTFC bobble hats.

I know this is part jokey but someone turned up with a replica shirt over a hoody.

I doubt I’ll go to another.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
gtfc_chris
November 24, 2023, 10:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
I liked the football questions answered by Shaun and Ben. From the horses mouth about defensive players = defensive coaches, though I’m sure some still won’t accept that as it doesn’t suit their narrative.

Really liked how he explained some of the tactical nature of the game re playing from the back. Again, it won’t satisfy those with mindsets still present in 1955 but their reasoning was backed up with data (going for the trifecta of taboo topics) as to why lumping it forward doesn’t play into our advantage.

The stuff from the admin/chair side was pretty predictable. They’re not going to tell us anything about the things we might find interesting or want to know. They’ve even said it and I fully believe them, it isn’t for not wanting to share but there is a professional way to do things, when the ink is dry on contracts and they actually have something to definitively tell us. To share sensitive information that may end up falling through would show them to be incompetent and why would anyone knowingly or willingly do that? That is coupled with the absolutely correct way of maintaining the confidence of others who may be part of either the question or the answer.

I think it was pretty much as you’d expect it to be and similar to what ginny said, I don’t know what earth shattering information people believe they’re going to get from these events that the owners haven’t already said before. These are just top-up reminders of what has been made public either weeks, months or even years beforehand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Mikey_345
November 24, 2023, 10:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
What sort of option is ‘as expected’? What if one person expected it to be excrement and another expected it to be good!? 😂

I thought it was on the whole a very enjoyable and informative listen. Harsh that some feel the need to have a pop at them not answering some of the questions around managers etc. They’re in negotiations, it’s be crazy to do so.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Tommy
November 24, 2023, 10:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Baffles me why people would think it was poor.

Obviously the owners can't come out on a publicly broadcast show and reveal things that would jeopardise or compromise deals or future deals (not to mention just basic professionalism). So i think if anyone thought it was poor, unless I'm missing something, that's either because they had unrealistic expectations of what would be revealed, or it was because the questions asked were wasted questions essentially asking questions that wouldn't be able to be fully answered due to the above reasons.

Would genuinely love to know why people thought it was so bad.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Son of Cod
November 24, 2023, 10:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I had training ground, Artell, scotch eggs and 'why do we keep everyone back at corners?' all in a line on my bingo card so I was buzzing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Mikey_345
November 24, 2023, 11:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Son of Cod
I had training ground, Artell, scotch eggs and 'why do we keep everyone back at corners?' all in a line on my bingo card so I was buzzing.

Best news all day this pal, congrats! I was waiting on flasks for a house..  

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Tonights Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.